Ohio State football joining Texas Southern for satellite camp in Houston

JR

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State football, which once spent little to no time recruiting the hotbed that is Houston, is suddenly making a push there.

So it makes sense that the Buckeyes would like to get some boots on the ground for a camp sure to feature some of the best talent in that part of Texas. Ohio State's coaching staff will be guest coaches at the Texas Southern football camp on June 8.

The Buckeyes will be joined there by the Arizona coaching staff.

The NCAA has set stricter rules on when and where off-campus camps can be held, but this kind of mega camp -- multiple colleges working on a college campus -- is allowable. Texas Southern, an FCS program, is surely happy to have Ohio State attached to its camp.

read the rest:
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/04/ohio_state_football_joining_te.html

Hmmmm....

I bet Haywood knows both Urban and Rich Rod. He can talk to them about possible transfers as well to TxSU. Now of course this is a ploy for my Buckeyes to stay in Houston for talent. Urban just got a good group of Texas kids this last go around. I am sure Rich Rod needs some at Arizona or he might be feeling some heat and I don't mean that desert heat either. LOL.

I bet Haywood knows both Urban and Rich Rod. He can talk to them about possible transfers as well to TxSU. Now of course this is a ploy for my Buckeyes to stay in Houston for talent. Urban just got a good group of Texas kids this last go around. I am sure Rich Rod needs some at Arizona or he might be feeling some heat and I don't mean that desert heat either. LOL.

JR, I saw that in the alumni feed earlier last week (the sTu/OhSt/UA connect this summer) and didn't note it too much other than knowing that Urban and staff are actually after 5* recruit Cook and some other 4* WR, I believe. Also, it keeps the bucks grounded in the Houston area, for the most part.

There's a lot of talent around these parts and most are doing whatever they can from afar to leverage signing the young talent. I can ONLY HOPE our schools are attempting to land the LOCAL talent first before big state U comes in and offers the world to them.

They had UT at their camp last year. But it makes perfect sense. sTu is the only FCS school in the talent-rich Houston metro, so P5 schools see them as the ideal spot for satellite camps. There is no way UH or Rice would allow the camps at their facilities.

They are really trying to block LSU huh Momma Tiger (@DallasCowboyGirl)??? LOL!!!

It seems your alma mater is working with the enemy.

If a kid is smart, he would go play for Urban Meyer instead of Ed Orgeron. LOL. My Line Brother son is going to be playing for Florida this Fall. He visited LSU and wasn't impressed at all with Easy Ed. LOL.

If a kid is smart, he would go play for Urban Meyer instead of Ed Orgeron. LOL. My Line Brother son is going to be playing for Florida this Fall. He visited LSU and wasn't impressed at all with Easy Ed. LOL.

So are you saying kids who go to LSU are not smart??? LMAO!!!

@DallasCowboyGirl

Great choice!!!

He probably couldn't understand a word that Orgeron said. You can barely make out what he says sometimes on TV. lol

Last edited:
So are you saying kids who go to LSU are not smart??? LMAO!!!

@DallasCowboyGirl

No. I am saying any that leave HS to play for Easy Ed over Coaches like Saban, Meyer, Dabo etc should have thought about it. LOL. Not getting drawn into that trap 89. DCG kid was a Les Miles recruit. Not Easy Ed.

It wouldn't surprise me if schools in the Big-10 and Pac-12 open satellite campuses in these football hot bed southern states and move their entire football program there. I think they should start in Alabama first. LOL!!!

Reactions: JR
Great way to screw up relationships with FBS schools in your area.

Who cares. LSU don't send us any transfers anyway. So that's no issue if SU gets one of these types of camps. As for TxSU. I don't think they need to worry about Rice and U of H. The connection made with URBAN and RICH ROD is greater than what those two schools could do for TxSU. Can't remember any U of H or Rice player transferring to TxSU of note.

As for TxSU. I don't think they need to worry about Rice and U of H. The connection made with URBAN and RICH ROD is greater than what those two schools could do for TxSU. Can't remember any U of H or Rice player transferring to TxSU of note.

The day we start worrying about UH or Rice feelings is the day we need new administration because they damn sure don't care about us. Matter of fact, UH is starting a new initiative that offers a free education to a student who's family income under $45K. Where they thinking of us when they came up with this? HELL NO!

Back