Official TV One’s ‘Unsung’ Thread

The Boyz episode was indeed good. I mean, their fate was not typical as most groups. Very interesting how they were raised. There were so many beautiful life lessons.

Even though I don't think they are "Unsung," still I enjoyed the Silk episode. It was not aired but somewhere on the TV-One website, you will find them in the present singing Loose Control accompanied by only piano. They sung it better than when it was first put out. Awesome performance...

You know they are really stretching with this show. I have nothing against "Trick Daddy". He does have a testimony but................the producers of the show seem to overlook what made the brand so unique. Yeah I put it in a nice way...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The Boyz episode was indeed good. I mean, their fate was not typical as most groups. Very interesting how they were raised. There were so many beautiful life lessons.

Even though I don't think they are "Unsung," still I enjoyed the Silk episode. It was not aired but somewhere on the TV-One website, you will find them in the present singing Loose Control accompanied by only piano. They sung it better than when it was first put out. Awesome performance...

Some of the more recent episodes have been better. I really loved Digable Planets back in the day. Their story is unique and that second album was kinda ahead of the time for Black Consciousness. I've yet to see the Brand Nubian episode but I know it's gonna be good...

Neverthless, the 702....mane there was so much drama for a group of sisters that could have done more maybe (shrugging shoulders). They were all good people but, I guess it's just hard for many to separate the business aspect from the personal. That was there problem. With all of the notable people involved though, that group was headed for some kinda success. It was just one of the more interesting episodes for me, more so for the business than the music itself.

On a side note: One of my favorite cuts though "Steelo" I've wondered why it would never show up on some streaming services. Now I understand (the co-writer of the song refused to grant permission of it being use). <--pure pettiness

Some of the more recent episodes have been better. I really loved Digable Planets back in the day. Their story is unique and that second album was kinda ahead of the time for Black Consciousness. I've yet to see the Brand Nubian episode but I know it's gonna be good...

Neverthless, the 702....mane there was so much drama for a group of sisters that could have done more maybe (shrugging shoulders). They were all good people but, I guess it's just hard for many to separate the business aspect from the personal. That was there problem. With all of the notable people involved though, that group was headed for some kinda success. It was just one of the more interesting episodes for me, more so for the business than the music itself.

On a side note: One of my favorite cuts though "Steelo" I've wondered why it would never show up on some streaming services. Now I understand (the co-writer of the song refused to grant permission of it being use). <--pure pettiness

Yeah there was a lot of drama with 702 but I did like the fact that the two sisters didn't mind putting their pride to the side a getting regular jobs.

Meelah can sing but she is not solo material IMHO.

I really enjoyed the Mtume episode too..

Back