Ocean Seriously lol

tony11

So yall in the stands chanting " TS TS TS TS UUUU I THOUGHT U KNEW LOL...hmm. another chant stolen from gsu lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So yall in the stands chanting " TS TS TS TS UUUU I THOUGHT U KNEW LOL...hmm. another chant stolen from gsu lol

dont forget, let TxSU tell it they were the first to play neck, the show, get ready and every other popular song

Not shocked lol. The only original bands in the SWAC are GSU, SU, Bama A&M and Bama State, everyone else is a knock off.
What the hell The BOOM need to to steal from anyone of those schools they're consistently better than all of 'em year after year?
This has to be one of the most ignorant comments of the year.

Last edited:
Here comes these tantrums, never said all the other bands weren't good because they are, JSU has a nice band but you use a piece of GSU each time you leave the field. I know you know where Rocks The House is from, it's no secret. I will tell you if you don't know that is straight from Grambling and i refuse to go back and forth about something i know is a fact.

Yall other bands just need to step your game up. The BOOM sounds like no other band in HBCU land....none whatsoever.
And for folks to call out The BOOM, every band director borrows from what he was taught by his predecessors, so if anything, EVERY band director borrows (steals)... including the original directors from the '50's on up until now.
The BOOM has simply mastered it's own style that can't be duplicated, though often imitated.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yall other bands just need to step your game up. The BOOM sounds like no other band in HBCU land....none whatsoever.
And for folks to call out The BOOM, every band director borrows from what he was taught by his predecessors, so if anything, EVERY band director borrows (steals)... including the original directors from the '50's on up until now.
The BOOM has simply mastered it's own style that can't be duplicated, though often imitated.
Grambling is sounding and LOOKING da.n well. But how did you get offended WHEN i made this about txsu not other SCHOOLS if YOU know the boom is good then why comment let the sound speak for itsself. Folks take stuff to SERIOUSLY

What the hell The BOOM need to to steal from anyone of those schools they're consistently better than year by year?

You do know y’all stole GSU Rocks the House
Y’all also stole “The Show” being a signature song. After SU came up my Sophomore year and we waxed the Boom with it. Nobody else played the show until we went on a tour waxing bands with it in 85. I could go on. Lol. Now the Harold Haughton era and back didn’t do that kind of stuff.

....including being the number one band in the land. Thanks for your approval.

Who told y’all that? Where the invites been since they so great? Never seen people claim they are the best but can’t get an invite to perform on a National Stage.

Y’all also stole “The Show” being a signature song. After SU came up my Sophomore year and we waxed the Boom with it. Nobody else played the show until we went on a tour waxing bands with it in 85. I could go on. Lol. Now the Harold Haughton era and back didn’t do that kind of stuff.
They stole Get Ready also.

What the hell The BOOM need to to steal from anyone of those schools they're consistently better than year by year?

Thanks Rob! The Boom copies no band! The Boom copying another band, would be like stealing cadavers from a cemetery!

Grambling is sounding and LOOKING da.n well. But how did you get offended WHEN i made this about txsu not other SCHOOLS if YOU know the boom is good then why comment let the sound speak for itsself. Folks take stuff to SERIOUSLY
Because this is a "public" forum and that''s what it's for....to make comments.

So Doc didn't copy stuff from the white big 10 schools like the one drum major and other stuff? Come on JR, tell the whole story. Don't leave out half of it.
Yall keep talking about the same ole stuff that The BOOM supposedly stole, but forget that yalls own band directors took from others and made it their own.
If Doc and other directors were alive, they'd surely tell you the same thing.
Band directors watch film from other schools just like coaches do.

Last edited:
Here comes these tantrums, never said all the other bands weren't good because they are, JSU has a nice band but you use a piece of GSU each time you leave the field. I know you know where Rocks The House is from, it's no secret. I will tell you if you don't know that is straight from Grambling and i refuse to go back and forth about something i know is a fact.
One or two chants out of the hundreds of routines done by JSU over the years and you call that stealing?
What band director hasn't learned from another and tried to perfect it?
The BOOM just knows how to do their shows better at whatever they do.
Then you got the nerve to say The BOOM"s a "knockoff version" of the likes of AAMU, Bama State, southern and Grambling?!
Over the last decade or more, three of those schools couldn't hold a candle to The BOOM and the other one is holding on for dear life trying to remain relevant.

Last edited:
Back