Obama Bows Before Hindu Oil Lamp at the White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not reading Obama's heart, nor do I claim to know what he thinks. I'm going based on what I've heard him say out of his own mouth.
So what did he say!

Wellspring is defined as “a source of continual supply <a wellspring of information”

Religion is not the “Wellspring” religion is defined as religious worship a) esp. external, that which consists of ceremonies 1) religious discipline, religion.

Unless I misunderstood his comments, he is correct about religion and it does not save or supply our needs. Because God [Paul] said in Philippians 4:19 but my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Jesus said he was the living water, true -

Is Christianity not an expression of who we are? You really need to listen and read his comments. So you are judging him on what he said? Now, the bible tells us that David was a man after God heart, but David’s life (exterior) showed otherwise. So that tells us what! God looks at the heart not the outward appearance. Did God judge David on what he did or what was in his heart?

I feel you're interpreting his comments the way you see it, and I'm interpreting the way I see it. There is nothing wrong with us having a difference in opinion.

Yes, God looks at the heart, but God also stated He will judge us by our works? It's not good to do as king Solomon......1 Kings 11:4 For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the LORD his God, as was the heart of his father David.

We should not be playing with idol gods, or this could happen to anyone.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, you know what's in Obama's heart, and you can read his mind? What's in his heart at this moment?

Uhh Blue, he is the President, in his mind and in his heart right now is what he thinks is best for this country. It doesnt take a PhD in philosophy to figure that one out. He didnt worship or "bow in worship" to no damn lamp.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Uhh Blue, he is the President, in his mind and in his heart right now is what he thinks is best for this country. It doesnt take a PhD in philosophy to figure that one out. He didnt worship or "bow in worship" to no damn lamp.

Well, we're all entitled to our own observation, and from what I see, he's bowing to a lamp. What does the title of the article say, and what does the photo show? I will post the title below so you can read it again because I don't want you to think I came up with this title.

Obama Bows Before Hindu Oil Lamp at the White House

http://www.cristyli.com/?p=3291

....and how do Christians determine what's right and wrong? We as Christians determine what's right and wrong based on biblical priniciple, and what God has established as right and wrong. We don't determine right and wrong from the world's point of view, but from God's point of view. Are we not instructed to test the fruits of men, and how do Christians test the fruit of another human being? We take what they say and do, line it up with the word of God, and receive a fair answer based on biblical principle.......not world principle. This is how we know when we're going astray in our own lives. We line our lives up by the book. If I'm cheating on my wife, then the good book says I'm committing adultery. If I take something that's not mine, then the good book says I'm stealing. If I bow to an idol god, then the good book says I'm worshiping an idol god......that simple.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1 John 4: 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

1 John 4: 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

1 John 4: 4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1 John 4: 5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.

1 John 4: 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Solomon - 15/18(The Movie 7:40 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag0ef0eYi8M&feature=related

Last edited:
We should not be playing with idol gods, or this could happen to anyone.

Exactly what is a “godâ€￾? A god, can be anything including your automobile, house, family, job etc, etc, anything that you give more time to than the true God.

and I'm interpreting the way I see it

And the bible teaches about being blinded to the truth.

He will judge us by our works?

Dude you are still living in the OT, you are so far behind on NT doctrine. Please explain “Judgedâ€￾ by works? Solomon and the likes were not Christians and thus judged differently.

Are you saying our works saves us?

Answer my questions about the Catholics. And my other question is about the "Picture" of Christ 99% of the churches in America have hanging on the wall are they worshipping a idol, are they in sin?

Exactly what is a “god”? A god, can be anything including your automobile, house, family, job etc, etc, anything that you give more time to than the true God.

And the bible teaches about being blinded to the truth.

Dude you are still living in the OT, you are so far behind on NT doctrine. Please explain “Judged” by works? Solomon and the likes were not Christians and thus judged differently.

Are you saying our works saves us?

Answer my questions about the Catholics And my other question is about the "Picture" of Christ. 99% of the churches in America have hanging on the wall are they worshipping a idol, are they in sin?

A god sure can be anything, and sometimes, people can be worshiping presidents of a country and not know it.

Yes, the bible teaches about blindness, and it applies to "everyone".

If I'm living in the Old Testament, am I to obey the 10 commandments........or not? I ask because the 10 commandments were given in the OT.

I clealry stated God will "judge" us by our works. Our works make up the righteous robe we'll wear in heaven.

The cross symbolizes Christianity, and not an idol god. The last time I checked, Christ is not an idol god. If Catholics are praying to the virgin Mary, then they too are worshiping an idol god. As Christians, we all know we pray to the Father, and end it in Jesus name to "signify", we're believers in Christ. I don't have a picture of Christ in my home, I keep Christ in my heart.

This was a sinful act, period. Such was a temptation from Satan, a test from God, a test that Obama failed.

No person (prisoner or president) should do this. Nor should any Christian give honor to the Pope or call him father and nor should any Christian give respect to the Muslim faith, yet all Presidents Do.

However, before we cast our stones at Obama, let us first search our actions to determine if we have dishonored God by being obedient to another and not Him. If we have sinned in any form or fashion, we have made perfect (complete) the honor of another authority. The authority, which guides and rules us, is our defacto god. If we find ourselves to have sinned, let us not cast so many stones.

Contrary to what the final votes were in Nov. 08, the same God who placed Solomon over Israel (a King who built temple to foreign gods), the God Who placed Joseph over Egypt (many bowed to Joseph) is the same God Who placed Obama over the United States as President.

I voted for Obama, I don’t agree with everything Obama does and Obama is not my God. However, I accept God’s will and I thank Him for selecting Obama as president. I will also be obedient to God and honor and pray for the President He has given me.

Romans 13:6-7. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

1 Timothy 2:1-2. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

I fear that this thread was created not so much out of the sinful act committed by Obama (For We are all Sinners) but out of the hatred toward him. As an African American from the Mississippi Delta and a direct recipient of countless prayers from those subjected to the unruly laws of Jim Crowe; I don’t understand how another African American can despise this president. Even if you do not find agreement with his policies, you must concede that God went beyond what most of our ancestors and us imagined or pray for, He delivered a Black President; not from the traditional family of political leaders but from a single mom having received government support (This matter has God written all over it). The way Obama won the U.S. Senate and Presidents race was an act of God, for what purpose, God only knows. One would be wise (not by worldly wisdom) in how he deals with Obama (the president God has selected).

I don’t believe in comparing man to man, but to compare Obama with Bush would seem somewhat unfair on many levels. Both confess to be Christians and only God can judge His servants. However, we can only look to their fruit as listed in the fruit of the spirit:

Galatians 5:22-23. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Good Day and God Bless

Contrary to what the final votes were in Nov. 08, the same God who placed Solomon over Israel (a King who built temple to foreign gods), the God Who placed Joseph over Egypt (many bowed to Joseph) is the same God Who placed Obama over the United States as President.

Romans 13:6-7. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

1 Timothy 2:1-2. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

I fear that this thread was created not so much out of the sinful act committed by Obama (For We are all Sinners) but out of the hatred toward him. As an African American from the Mississippi Delta and a direct recipient of countless prayers from those subjected to the unruly laws of Jim Crowe; I don’t understand how another African American can despise this president. Even if you do not find agreement with his policies, you must concede that God went beyond what most of our ancestors and us imagined or pray for, He delivered a Black President; not from the traditional family of political leaders but from a single mom having received government support (This matter has God written all over it). The way Obama won the U.S. Senate and Presidents race was an act of God, for what purpose, God only knows. One would be wise (not by worldly wisdom) in how he deals with Obama (the president God has selected).

I don’t believe in comparing man to man, but to compare Obama with Bush would seem somewhat unfair on many levels. Both confess to be Christians and only God can judge His servants. However, we can only look to their fruit as listed in the fruit of the spirit:

Galatians 5:22-23. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Good Day and God Bless

I sincerely agree with most of what you stated.

Remember, it's one thing to bow to another person to show respect, but it's another thing to bow to an idol god in disrespect to Almighty God. Those who bowed to Joseph were not bowing to acknowledge him as a god.

No, it wasn't started to show hatred towards him, but to keep the saints aware, sharp, and alert towards the disrespect towards almighty God.......that's all.

I absolutely agree this was an act of God by placing Obama in office! My very SIG agrees that God hand picks "every" king and queen on this earth.

He does this to fulfil his plan, and also to teach a lesson to his people. Remember, God took the kingdom away from David, allowed his wives to have sex with David's son, and God allowed David's son to be killed, after king David had given a direct order that his son was not to be killed. The lesson learned was that God places kings on the throne, and He tears them down.

Last edited:
I sincerely agree with most of what you stated.

Remember, it's one thing to bow to another person to show respect, but it's another thing to bow to an idol god in disrespect to Almighty God. Those who bowed to Joseph were not bowing to acknowledge him as a god.

No, it wasn't started to show hatred towards him, but to keep the saints aware, sharp, and alert towards the disrespect towards almighty God.......that's all.

I absolutely agree this was an act of God by placing Obama in office! My very SIG agrees that God hand picks "every" king and queen on this earth.

He does this to fulfil his pla, and also to teach a lesson to his people. Remember, God took the kingdom away from David, allowed his wives to have sex with David's son, and God allowed David's son to be killed, after king David had given a direct order that his son was not to be killed. The lesson learned was that God places kings on throne, and He tears them down.

So you expect God to make Obama's life miserable because he placed him as President of the United States? :|

So you expect God to make Obama's life miserable because he placed him as President of the United States? :|

I expect scripture to be fulfilled regardless of who's in office. God has a way of correcting His children, and if king David can be severely punished by God, then what makes Obama exempt from punishment/correction as well? I wouldn't wish what happened to king David on "anyone".........including Obama.

To answer your question, man brings the misery on himself without the help of God. No, God will not make Obama's life miserable, Obama is the "only" man that can make his life miserable. God corrects us in the form of punishment based on "our" behavior towards him, and our brothers. God corrects me to this day, and all I can do is kiss the paddle, and say thank you Father. I'm mature enough to know He corrects me out of love, and not hatred. When you love your children, and they are acting a fool, we humans correct our children with firm/harsh words, or an azz whippin/beating to get them back on the right path..........do we not? Sometimes saying "oh Billy please don't curse at me" just won't get it because Billy has a hard time understanding kind words. Sometimes you gotta whip his azz and knock some sense into him........he understands that.:lol: From what I've read in the bible, this is the way God handles us, but with perfect correction in righteous judgment.

Having said that, I don't want you to think I'm crazy, so I will post a 37 second sample of what's spiritually happening in this country. We have some people who are sending the wrong message to America. I don't post this out of hate, but to alert the saints as to what's spiritually happening. Sometimes we have to close our physical eyes in order to see with our spiritual eyes. I just don't want Christian soldiers to get caught sleeping on watch........be alert.

Evan Thomas, Hardball: Obama is our new world god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCRi22jPw-k&feature=related

I expect scripture to be fulfilled regardless of who's in office. God has a way of correcting His children, and if king David can be severely punished by God, then what makes Obama exempt from punishment/correction as well? I wouldn't wish what happened to king David on "anyone".........including Obama......

A bit off topic, but since you mentioned this person, I have to ask.

With all seriousness, who is this king David you speak of and what evidence do you have that he ever existed as king over a powerful nation called Israel during the 7th century BC? I've searched and searched archaeological findings and historical records of surrounding nations existing at the supposed time he supposedly reigned, but I've found no substantial evidence that this character has ever reigned over any powerful nation.

If there's no record of this king David, this character called Solomon is moot as well.

RB

You miss my point about living in the OT - the scriptures (OT) has been fulfilled - The OT [the law] was directing people to Christ. It was the "School Master" for the Jews. Gal. 3:24, 25.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
A bit off topic, but since you mentioned this person, I have to ask.

With all seriousness, who is this king David you speak of and what evidence do you have that he ever existed as king over a powerful nation called Israel during the 7th century BC? I've searched and searched archaeological findings and historical records of surrounding nations existing at the supposed time he supposedly reigned, but I've found no substantial evidence that this character has ever reigned over any powerful nation.

If there's no record of this king David, this character called Solomon is moot as well.

Lost Kings of the Bible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEeMT3lP4G8

The character of David has very little evidence supporting evidence. Even the biblical timing of David's existence is seriously flawed according to archaeological findings. The tablet referring to a king David is even in question.

The Bible tells us that Goliath was a Philistine (which is the same as Palestinian). But when did these Philistines settle and establish themselves in Canaan? The archeological evidence indicates that the Philistines became an established community only after the reign of Ramses III (c. 1182-1151 BCE).

The wall reliefs in Medinet Habu’s temple in western Ta-Apet (Thebes), which depict the mass invasion by the Peoples of the Sea, of the coastal plain of Canaan, around 1174 BCE, which coincided with the Greek war against Troy. The wall inscriptions also indicate that the Peoples of the Sea consisted of fighters as well as refugees with their whole familes. They were a combination of Peleset (which are Palestinians/Philistines—the word Palestine came from Peleset), Tjekker, Sheklesh, Danu and Weshesh. Ramses III defeated the invaders in a naval battle, but allowed the family refugees to settle in southwest Canaan.

Historically speaking, if David did do battle with the Philistines, he could not have lived before the 12th century BCE, because that was when the mass migration of the coastal plain of Canaan by the Philistines took place. Therefore, historical facts contradict the biblical time period of the David and Goliath duel, to occur during the first half of the 10th century, BCE.

http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/articles/david-goliath.html

Explain my point of view.

You're saying the OT is irrelevant to Christians, and Christians shouldn't follow any laws in the OT.

:topic:

Can you give me your opinion on the videos below, and what does it mean to you when you hear a "Christian" misquote/mislead people about the koran? Did he speak of the Christian bible in the same respect as the koran? Give me your honest opinion based on the facts shown below.

How Obama is Lying to us and Why Islam is Violent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yImZrHH0k

Barack Obama Versus Religion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXcvbnzNIjg

Last edited:
Heck, if Islam is considered a violent religion, so is Christianity.

From History
Using history as the indicator, there is little doubt that Christianity has been an extremely violent religion. The expansion by the sword through pagan Europe, the Crusades, the Christian on Christian violence of the Dark Ages and Reformation periods, the genocide of the American Natives, and the forced imperialist rule of most of the world during the “Colonialâ€￾ Age all testify to this.

Christians often forced compliance to their religion on others. Augustine, one of the must influential people in the development of Christianity, fully supported this practice quoting the Bible passage, “Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full.â€￾ This violent fundamentalism has been far too common in Christian history.

Even today, Western armies lead by fundamentalist Christians occupy Muslim countries and support unpopular regimes on the citizens of other Muslim countries.

And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.

Here are some biblical quotes clearly and inexplicably promoting violence and hatred even towards one's own family members:

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

The LORD is a man of war.

He who sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

In other words, get the beam out of your own eye before trying to get it out of your neighbor's.

You're saying the OT is irrelevant to Christians, and Christians shouldn't follow any laws in the OT.

Negative, the OT is the foundation of the NT / Christanity - think about it.

Negative, the OT is the foundation of the NT / Christanity - think about it.

If this is accurate, then Christianity is built on an ash heap of putrid violence against innocent men, women, children and babies.
The Old Testament god clearly commanded the Israelites to rape and kill innocent people. He then gave them permission to keep the women they didn't kill for themselves as sex objects or whatever they chose to do to them. Is this love?

Combining the violence outlined in the Old Testament with "love" in the New Testament is a form of controlled psychosis at best.

Last edited:
Any tatoos in the room?

Single virgins in the room?

Any lusters in the room?

*counting hands*

Any murderers by way of hating?

Anyone? Anyone? :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back