"O Come All Ye Black Folk"

JSU*Toi

This "carol" was published in a Tuft University conservative publication (student activities fee pays for it) . It's called the Primary Source: Tufts' Primary Source is currently celebrating its 25th anniversary and is the second oldest conservative college paper in the United States.

http://www.tuftsprimarysource.org/

"O Come All Ye Black Folk
Boisterous yet Desirable
O come ye, O come ye to our University
Come and we will admit you,
Born in to oppression;
O come let us accept them,
Fifty-two black freshman.

O Sing, gospel choirs,
We will accept your children,
No matter what your grades are, F's, D's, or G's,
Give them all privileged status; We will welcome all.
Fifty-two black freshman.

All come! Blacks, we need you,
Born into the ghetto.
O Jesus!We need you now to fill our racial quotas.
Descendants of Africa, with brown skin arriving:
Fifty-two black freshman."

Saw that on the news last night and just looked at it as same ole same ole.:(
I laugh at the "Home Training" these MoFo's have.............These so-called forward thinking, non-biased kids of today. :lol:

They honestly thought that would ONLY draw attention to AA.:shame:

Oh well.................The signs are all over the place that the "thinking" on these dirversified and prestegious campuses is just as backwards and predjudice as the 50's.

Bet everyone of them have a "Black Friend" out of that 7% minority on campus. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I laugh at the "Home Training" these MoFo's have.............These so-called forward thinking, non-biased kids of today. :lol:

Oh well.................The signs are all over the place that the "thinking" on these diversified and prestegious campuses is just as backwards and predjudice as the 50's.

Bet everyone of them have a "Black Friend" out of that 7% minority on campus. :lol:

Staggalee, what should those MoFo's be thinking? My kid is NOT academically qualified to attend Tufts, but he could get a diversity scholarship to go there. Is that a good thing? How many better qualified kids should he jump over because of his skin color? One? Two? A Thousand? Ten Thousand?

What are the limits on satire? Should there be different rules of satire for different ethnic groups? I understand not using the n-word, which is a direct assault and not satire. But how far do we go?

THE SHAME IS NOT THAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS SATIRIZED. THE SHAME IS THAT WE FEEL SO F***ING INADEQUATE THAT WE TAKE OFFENSE AT THE SATIRE. THE GREATER SHAME IS THAT WE WASTE TIME WHINING ABOUT SATIRE, WHEN WE SHOULD BE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO MAKE SURE THAT THOSE KIDS GOING TO TUFTS ARE ACADEMICALLY QUALIFIED AND HAVE LEGITIMATE A's and B's INSTEAD OF THE C's, D's and F's SATIRIZED IN THE "CAROL." WHEN DO WE STOP REPLICATING IN A MIRROR IMAGE ALL THE DYSFUNCTIONS OF THOSE WE HATE?

I love you, bruh. You are as good as any of God's children. The kids at Tufts are not your enemy or mine. What are we going to do to improve the chances of success for our children and our neighbors' children?

Staggalee, what should those MoFo's be thinking? My kid is NOT academically qualified to attend Tufts, but he could get a diversity scholarship to go there. Is that a good thing? How many better qualified kids should he jump over because of his skin color? One? Two? A Thousand? Ten Thousand?

What are the limits on satire? Should there be different rules of satire for different ethnic groups? I understand not using the n-word, which is a direct assault and not satire. But how far do we go?

THE SHAME IS NOT THAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS SATIRIZED. THE SHAME IS THAT WE FEEL SO F***ING INADEQUATE THAT WE TAKE OFFENSE AT THE SATIRE. THE GREATER SHAME IS THAT WE WASTE TIME WHINING ABOUT SATIRE, WHEN WE SHOULD BE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO MAKE SURE THAT THOSE KIDS GOING TO TUFTS ARE ACADEMICALLY QUALIFIED AND HAVE LEGITIMATE A's and B's INSTEAD OF THE C's, D's and F's SATIRIZED IN THE "CAROL." WHEN DO WE STOP REPLICATING IN A MIRROR IMAGE ALL THE DYSFUNCTIONS OF THOSE WE HATE?

I love you, bruh. You are as good as any of God's children. The kids at Tufts are not your enemy or mine. What are we going to do to improve the chances of success for our children and our neighbors' children?

OK......................From now on, don't get upset when other racial bullshat comes from quarters like these.
Just show that thick skin and tell them AA gives them the right to act like a bunch of a-holes.

Don't bother me cause in my lifetime.................I'll never even see that campus.
Has no bearing on my life.

This was my only point......................:shame:

OK......................From now on, don't get upset when other racial bullshat comes from quarters like these. Just show that thick skin and tell them AA gives them the right to act like a bunch of a-holes.

Don't bother me cause in my lifetime.................I'll never even see that campus. Has no bearing on my life.

OK. I apologize for SHOUTING, but I was not really upset about the discussion of racial satire.

By "...Quarters like these..." do you mean us, or them? Don't laugh or get mad. Really! ...us or them? Because sometimes we go way off the scale with racial comments, which may have a high entertainment value and maybe an educational value, but could cause us to be perceived as a-holes, racist, or worse!

I don't think the kids at Tufts are a-holes by being satirical about the AA admissions process. Satire is a time honored and relatively civilized way to make a point. They would be a-holes if they didn't let non-caucs join their club. They would be a-holes if they argued gainst equally qualified non-caucs being admitted.

Bottom line, if I am a football player, I don't want to play in the superbowl because of AA, I want to play because I am the best player. It takes years of preparation, natural talent, great teammates, and a little luck to play in the superbowl. Same for college, and we have lots of black academic superstars, but not enough. We can't grow more of them by getting defensive about a little predictable blowback about AA. That's what is so special about HBCUs - they are a great way to grow more scholars.

The admissions at Tufts and other colleges are important to all of us. I look forward to the day when we no longer feel compelled to have this particular discussion.

Back