Norfolk State Football Team May Have A Female Player.......

MACHIAVELLI

Chairman/C.E.O.
THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY PART OF AN ARTICLE.

Who said football was just for the boys?

by Fikicia Y. Guy

.......This summer, Norfolk State University will also become a part of this growing market when Brandy Nicole Gresham, a 19 year old freshman, tries out for a linebacker position on the football team.

Gresham, a Bloomfield, Conn. resident, developed a love for football as a child and dreamed of the day when she would be able to play. Her dreams came true in high school, where she played linebacker and tight end during her junior year.

"I love football to death. It's a big part of my life," said Gresham.

......Gresham was not recruited, but simply asked head coach Mo Forte if she could try out fo rthe team. Since she's a woman, Gresham had a formal meeting with the head coach and his staff, where she was asked several questions about why she wanted to play. They discussed her previous experience with her high school team, which was also all-male......

..........Coach Forte didn't have too much to say about whether or not Gresham was going to be able to play. He claims that he dosent have a problem with her playing, but he wont know the answer until after spring training. "I don't want to speculate until I know whether or not she's going to be able to play or not", said Forte.

Gresham is currently not practicing with the team. She's characterized as a "non-qualifier", which means that academic reasons are keeping her from participating. If she's cleared by the summer, she will attend football summer camp..........

?

Can women play football in the NCAA?

I know, here in Texas High School Teams can have fenmale players. I remember my junior year we played Cypress Falls High School and they head a Female kicker!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: ?

Originally posted by Quietstorm

Yes they can...I believe Duke had a female kicker a few years ago. They screwed up and had some problems and she sued them and settled out of court.

I remember my junior year we played Cypress Falls High School and they head a Female kicker!

A female kicker and a female linebacker are two different positions and scenarios.

I know, here in Texas High School Teams can have fenmale players. I remember my junior year we played Cypress Falls High School and they head a Female kicker!

Jacksonville State's starting kicker was a female last year. If I remember correctly she didnt miss an extra point the whole season. I think she gave up football this year for a soccer scholarship.

Thanks for answering my question, I kinda agree with MAXIMUS on this one. They just dont mix!

I hope she qualifies academically......

So we can then see the excuses the Coach and the school will come up with, to keep her from playing.......

Then she'll sue, and the school will settle, and Norfolk State'll be set back financially 10 years......

:mad:

Why...Why...Why...

I just don't understand why would a female want to play football. Certainly a Lady would not want to do such. What happened to femininity? Just my opinion folks.....

Women these days have the mind set of, A woman can do anything a man can do? That's why I believe women are trying to play football. Everyone and their moma know football is not a female sport but don't tell these today women that, they will take it as motivation to prove us wrong but will end up getting killed in the process.

Originally posted by MAXIMUS
Everyone and their moma know football is not a female sport but don't tell these today women that, they will take it as motivation to prove us wrong but will end up getting killed in the process.
Precisely. Can a female issue out punishment like the "Cosa Nostra" below.
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by DAHILL

Jacksonville State's starting kicker was a female last year. If I remember correctly she didnt miss an extra point the whole season. I think she gave up football this year for a soccer scholarship.

She wasn't the starter. There was a male kicker that was the starter and kicked field goals and most of the PAT's. She just kicked PAT's every once in a while and she missed a lot of games when she was off playing soccer. It was mainly a publicity stunt by Jacksonville St.'s Coach Crowe.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back