Norfolk State, Alcorn State quarterbacks among top HBCU returning signal-callers in FCS

I think Felix and Glass are the best returning QBs in the SWAC. Glass doesn't get as much attention because A&M hasn't made the title game recently.

As far as the MEAC, Carter from NSU was 2nd team last year. Honestly don't think he's the best returning. I think Corey Fields is better from SCSU. he just wasn't given the keys till late

2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Aqeel Glass, QB from Alabama A&M (nfldraftdiamonds.com)

Scouting Notes:​

Aqeel reminds me of Philip Rivers. The AAMU star can make every NFL throw, he has a deep ball and can throw a rocket of a pass across the middle. Glass is a big kid that is hard to bring down and he has some deep threats on his team. This year I expect Glass to have a solid year and end up at an All-Star Game. He maybe the best HBCU quarterback in the entire draft. – Damond Talbot – Draft Diamonds owner

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think Felix and Glass are the best returning QBs in the SWAC. Glass doesn't get as much attention because A&M hasn't made the title game recently.

As far as the MEAC, Carter from NSU was 2nd team last year. Honestly don't think he's the best returning. I think Corey Fields is better from SCSU. he just wasn't given the keys till late
Glass doesn't get as much attention? Glass is getting NFL attention... Felix can have the "SWAC" attention.

Glass is the typical big NFL prospect. If he doesn't make a NFL roster, the XFL will definitely snatch him up

Harper is what the new NFL is heading towards with Lamar, Mahomes and Murray. He can make enough throws and is mobile. He would have to get in the right situation and not what NFL coaches typical look for. For example, if he were a backup for Murray, he would be OK

Y'all really believe Felix better than Aqueel?

Glass the better Pro prospect because of his size but when it comes to reading coverage, and just being a gamer, putting it all together yes. But it's close though.

Felix really hadn't showed me nothing, especially in the championship. Aqeel is a beast!!

stop man, that first game what Felix did to SU was embarrassing. You all made adjustments the 2nd game and held him in check in the 1st half but in the 2nd half it was all over.

There's an oddity about left-handed QBs, imho. When I saw him first series vs us, a frog jumped in my throat because I KNEW he would put on a great performance when I saw him toss one effortlessly while on the run. It went straight to the mark. Really a heady and athletic young man. I'm sure his gpa is also where it needs to be as well.

I didn't have an opportunity to witness Aqeel Glass so I cannot comment on him. Only those I saw w/ my own eyes. No shade to Bama A&M/Glass.

his GPA is really high lol
but yeah Harper has presnap read that is better than even some pro QBs. kid is really smart at breaking down coverage and he has the touch and accuracy to boot.

I got Aqueel running 2nd team all-conference and Felix running 3rd in 2021. The veteran signal-caller from SUBR will be running 1st team and named conference MVP. Remember, you heard it here first!
I hope you are not talking about Skeliton. He is very good at scrambling but his passing skills are very suspect.

stop man, that first game what Felix did to SU was embarrassing. You all made adjustments the 2nd game and held him in check in the 1st half but in the 2nd half it was all over.
Lol them pass interference and being unstable at qb helped yall in that first matchup.

Glass the better Pro prospect because of his size but when it comes to reading coverage, and just being a gamer, putting it all together yes. But it's close though.
Hmmm idk about that. We made Felix turn the ball over in the championship. Glass I'm telling is a beast.

his GPA is really high lol
but yeah Harper has presnap read that is better than even some pro QBs. kid is really smart at breaking down coverage and he has the touch and accuracy to boot.

Bruh I'm telling you. He single-handedly gave Alcorn the victory over PV last fall. No one else was the difference maker, imho. He indeed is very special.

Bruh I'm telling you. He single-handedly gave Alcorn the victory over PV last fall. No one else was the difference maker, imho. He indeed is very special.

I agree because personally PV was the more talented team. That TE and that DT was wearing Alcorn out all night, we had no answer. But Felix led "The Drive" that basically sparked his championship season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back