Non-conference HBCU softball battle between Tenn. State & Alabama A&M

it seems like from 2000-2010 we played Tenn St. every year.

Teresa Phillips got tired of us winning the Jones Merritt Classic lol

Last edited:
I mean we will continue to get our Nashville fix by playing MTSU and Vandy but it would be cool if TSU would stop running from the fade ..we love our hbcus lol

I mean we will continue to get our Nashville fix by playing MTSU and Vandy but it would be cool if TSU would stop running from the fade ..we love our hbcus lol

I've heard that our ADs don't get along. Some have disputed that, but football and basketball are the only three sports we dont play each other in...and typically those sports are the only ones with heavy scheduling influence by the AD (football with direct responsibility from the AD).

We have played other OVC schools in mens and womens basketball the last few years. Murray State, Belmont, East Kentucky, Jax State, Morehead State, SE Missouri State. We have played more OVC basketball teams than any other conference outside the SWAC. Hell, our men played Tennessee Tech TWICE this past season. Still no TSU. Matter of fact, we haven't played TSU in either of the big 3 sports under our current ADs tenure, despite playing nearly every other OVC team.

So something is off somewhere.

Back