No Smack but why nobody pick Alabama State to win this week?

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
With the parity in the SWAC you just never know. Have you people seen something I missed? I figure someone would pick the Bees to get after the Panthers, these are 18-23 year old guys, you never know what you get week to week.

bama state has a stellar defense. that said, they can't complete a pass 20 yards down field if someone's life was at stake and they were going against air. ok.. that's harsh, but they can't do it when another team is on the field through 3 games. until that changes no one should pick them. they can't win if they can't score.
I get it. OC is/has been out. freshman qbs (plural). new backs. they'll get better, but it might get worse first.

Apparently, it's because nobody wants to have perfect picks for this week lol. Seriously, nobody knows what we will do on offense especially if Jenkins finally gives the other 2 QB's a chance.

No offense toward Alabama State, but my blood and my money go to PVAMU. I'ma pretty much always roll with them (except when they play us and Southern)

They say it because it's true. There is very little difference between the "best" teams in the SWAC and the "worst" teams.

On any given Saturday, any team can win. A lucky bounce here or there and your team wins or loses.

Just because some teams have historically won more than others doesn't mean the teams aren't fairly similar today. The teams on top today were on the bottom not long ago and vice versa. There is no consistently dominant team or group of teams in the SWAC. Not anymore.
I would have to disagree. I in no way see Valley or PB beating us. The teams have been consistent from my view. Alcorn has consistently won the east and the west has had the same top 3 teams for years. Only thing different this year is that SU lost their QB and doesn't look to good without him but other than that it's the same old thing.

I think that Alabama St. have the defense to keep Prairie View in check. However I don't think that Alabama St. have the offense to beat Prairie View

I think that Alabama St. have the defense to keep Prairie View in check. However I don't think that Alabama St. have the offense to beat Prairie View

I can see this, but we have to see what mentality the guys show up with Saturday

Because PV is a better team.

Has TigerPride stolen folks log in passwords....this sounds too much like stuff he would say.

Where is the evidence of Alabama State's stout defensive? I am missing something that is some obvious to so many others?

Southern (his best years)
TSU (his worst years)
Bama State (about to pass his TSU years)

Also had stints at FAMU (where he was on the NCAA national championship year), Tenn State and Winston Salem State.

Southern (his best years)
TSU (his worst years)
Bama State (about to pass his TSU years)

Also had stints at FAMU (where he was on the NCAA national championship year), Tenn State and Winston Salem State.
He was at PV when were pretty offensive just prior to coach Simmons' arrival.

Back