No "reparations" thread?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Did I overlook a "reparations" thread? :confused: if not, no take on this subject from this vast forum??? :confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I say just give the money to HBCUs, The United Negro College Fund, or the NAACP scholarship fund.

Actual distribution.

According to many of the prominent reparation hacks, there would be a commission formed to hash out the details after America agrees to address the issue.

That line about donation to the college fund is funny! That's EXACTLY what my parents always suggest whenever there is a money/inheritance battle in the family when someone dies; just dump all funds into an education trust fund to be used soely by those who want to get an education or to have those with no kids to designate to someone they would like to help go to school.

believe me,,, that DOES NOT go over well with different family factions! :D

personally............I think the entire reparations movement is a waste of valuble time and resources. The money and efforts that many are putting into this issue, I think should, and could be used in an area that some actual results can materialize. Don't get me wrong, I do believe with all that I have that we are owed some form of reparations for slavery. And based upon this country reimbursing the jews and the Japenese for thier unfair treatment, they owe African-Americans as well. But I am also smart enough to know and understand that under no circumstances is this going to happen. And I am one who strongly believes that fighting a battle where no resolution will ever be met, is the worst battle you can ever fight.

I used to say this wasn't going to happen, but when I read an article stating that they had lost a $159 million dollar satelite in space... I mean if we have money to waste on space satelites then we need to look at doing more to benefit the black community.

I don't believe in handouts, but perhaps the federal government could do something like forgive college student loan debts for those who have graduated their course of study, give money to HBCU's, fund money to research and find a cure for sickle cell anemia, diabetes, and other illnesses that greatly impact the black community. Increase pay for inner city school teachers, low-interest home loans for first time home buyers, etc.

I doubt this will ever come to pass....no white person is going agree to give black folks money. Hell they don't even want to give welfare to those who need it...

Back