"New" CD by Anita Baker

Deuce

I put the word "new" in parenthesis because the CD is a "greatest hits" CD.

Anita Baker has not released a CD since the "Rhythm of Love" CD from 1994. This is the CD that had the hit song "Body and Soul".

The greatest hits CD will be released on June 18th. I don't know whether or not it will have some new material included with the old hits, but that has been done by some artists in the past. If there are no new songs, then I hope that this collection is being released in order to get her fans prepared for some new material soon to follow.

At any rate, its about time! I understand that she and her husband have gone through a nasty divorce within the past few years. Maybe that, and raising her young children have kept her out of the recording studio.

I saw her in concert in 1986 in Birmingham, and would love to see her tour again. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I went to see her when she came to BR in the 80's. I fell in love, went home, and asked for a divorce. She is awesome, I hope she is releasing some new material soon. She's not my favorite female vocalist (Chaka Khan) but she is definitely one of my favorites.

Well, I knew that she retired from the music industry to be a housewife. I've just been waiting forever for news of a "Greatest Hits" CD to drop. Thanks for that. I'll look furthur into this.

The last update I saw on Anita Baker was that she was trying to find a record label. She got dropped from old label.

Its good to see that I'm not the only Anita Baker fan out there who has been impatiently waiting for her to release a new album (CD).

But Anita Baker isn't the only great artist that hasn't released any new music in a while, Maze has not released a new album since 1993. But unlike Anita Baker, Maze has continued to tour and stay in the public view. Anita Baker simply vanished.

I saw Maze in concert in Birmingham also around 1986. Needless to say, it was a great show.

The track listing is as follows.....

1. Angel
2. You're The Best Thing Yet
3. No More Tears
4. Sweet Love
5. Caught Up In The Rapture
6. You Bring Me Joy
7. Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
8. No One In The World
9. Ain't No Need To Worry - (featuring The Winans/Anita Baker)
10. Giving You The Best That I Got
11. Good Love
12. Just Because
13. Lead Me Into Love
14. Fairy Tales
15. Talk To Me
16. Body And Soul
17. I Apologize
18. It's Been You

Originally posted by truthteller
The track listing is as follows.....

1. Angel
2. You're The Best Thing Yet
3. No More Tears
4. Sweet Love
5. Caught Up In The Rapture
6. You Bring Me Joy
7. Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
8. No One In The World
9. Ain't No Need To Worry - (featuring The Winans/Anita Baker)
10. Giving You The Best That I Got
11. Good Love
12. Just Because
13. Lead Me Into Love
14. Fairy Tales
15. Talk To Me
16. Body And Soul
17. I Apologize
18. It's Been You

Just as I feared, no new music. I really thought that she might do like other artists and include some new music on this greatest hits album, but it didn't happen.

Since I already have all of her old CD's, there is no need in me buying this collection.:(

Lifted straight from EURweb

Originally posted by truthteller
Is that really true? I wonder why would they drop a singer like her. It's not like her albums didn't do well.

ANITA AND ATLANTIC PART WAYS
Diva does have unreleased work in the can.

Anita Baker

anita_baker1.jpg

(Dec. 5, 2001) *According to reports, 80s diva Anita Baker has been dropped from Atlantic Records. But, according to Baker's former attorney Greg Reed, Anita owns all of her songs.
Reed went on to say that long illnesses and recent deaths of Baker's mother and aunt have prevented her from recording and creating the way would have liked to. Also, Baker was finishing up a new album this fall.

Last summer she recorded several songs, then discovered that there was what she claimed to be a "popping" noise on the songs. She sued Zomba Recording Studios for $500,000 reimbursement. Settlement papers were drawn up, but Baker wouldn?t sign them, and now the case is pending again.

Back