Netflix: Cobra Kai

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I'm late but I started watching this during the Holiday Break. Just finished watching all 3 seasons. Not bad at all. Full of life lessons, entertaining even though season 3 got a little too dramatic for me in the last two episodes. I'm sure there will be a season 4.

Kinda makes me want to go back and watch those Karate Kid Movies. <--I've never seen them.

Last edited:
I'm late but I starting watching this during the Holiday Break. Just finished watching all 3 seasons. Not bad at all. Full of life lessons, entertaining even though season 3 got a little too dramatic for me in the last two episodes. I'm sure there will be a season 4.

Kinda makes me want to go back and watch those Karate Kid Movies. <--I've never seen them.

What.... you don't know about "Wax on, Wax Off" or "Put him in a body bag"

I just finished watching the first season of Warrior on HBOMAX. It is good and real interesting. It shows you quite a bit about how Chinese people were treated in this country early on and has a good storyline. It also shows animosity between three Chinese gangs. Very violent and risque (just an FYI).

I got hooked on Cobrai Kai back when it was on YouTube tv. Great show..easy to watch. I loved the Karate Kid growing up in the 80s. Karate Kid 2 is still my favorite sequel of all time. I've owned the movies on DVD for years and before that, VHS.

I would advise people to watch the movies before watching Cobra Kai.

I got hooked on Cobrai Kai back when it was on YouTube tv. Great show..easy to watch. I loved the Karate Kid growing up in the 80s. Karate Kid 2 is still my favorite sequel of all time. I've owned the movies on DVD for years and before that, VHS.

I would advise people to watch the movies before watching Cobra Kai.
Well, after watching all of Cobra Kai, I still haven't checked out those Karate Kid movies. For whatever reason, I've lost interest in watching them. I know it was popular among my peers but am I really missing out on anything?

Wait, I forgot that I did see the Willow Smith/Jackie Chan version of Karate Kid when it was out. That was cool but it in spite of a few scenes and the mentee-protogee theme, it did not make me think of Cobrai Kai. It was just another good movie to me.

Last edited:
Well, after watching all of Cobra Kai, I still haven't checked out those Karate Kid movies. For whatever reason, I've lost interest in watching them. I know it was popular among my peers but am I really missing out on anything?

Wait, I forgot that I did see the Willow Smith/Jackie Chan version of Karate Kid when it was out. That was cool but it in spite of a few scenes and the mentee-protogee theme, it did not make me think of Cobrai Kai. It was just another good movie to me.

Nah that Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan version doesnt count!. Daniel vs Cobra Kai was the central theme of Karate Kid 1. Watching any 80s movie now might not have the same impact as it did. Cobra Kai takes all of those flashback scenes from the movies . For me, it was a great experience seeing all of the characters I knew as a kid 30 years later being played by the same actors. Even the minor characters like the young girl daniel saved in Okinawa in Karate Kid 2. To me, It just adds another layer seeing the parallels between Daniel and Miguel and some of the other characters and how the rich vs poor dynamic flipped. But the show does a great job presenting everything so a person can still understand the backstory with out watching the movies.

I saw it pop up on hbo max. Is it a foreign show? I dont like subtitles if so,lol.

No, it's not a foreign show. It's actually staged in San Francisco in the 1800s. It centers around 3 Asian gangs in San Francisco's Chinatown. Outside of the scandal that was happening in Chinatown, it centers around bitter Irishmen that came to the country because of starvation (potato famine) and quickly turns into white privilege and attempted suppression of the Chinese, though the city and businesses needed their cheap labor (which shut out the Irish working class). It shows classic mob activity (taking cuts from businesses, prostitution, drug control etc.) within Chinatown by the Chinese gangs and the jealousy of the Irish lower class, and how Irish politicians attempted to manipulate the situation for their wealth and political gain.....As I said....Scandalous. The way the police department in SF operated back then will look familiar......smh & lol (No shortage of fighting and violence....gore and not for children).

Last edited:
@BulldogM.Ed.23 @Fiyah @Storm96 If you want to see a kung fu scandalous series watch Warrior on HBOMAX. I just finished watching season 2 and if is off the chain......might make you mad as hell at Irish Americans though.....LOL

Herbert started a thread about it...

Back