Nelly's Sister Dies

THAMES

nellyssisterbig324.jpg

Nelly's half-sister dies of leukemia
By Kevin C. Johnson
Of the Post-Dispatch
03/24/2005

Hip-hop sensation Nelly and his sister Jackie Donahue, who has leukemia, try to hold back their tears during an emotional press conference in St. Louis, Wednesday, May 14, 2003.
(Diane L. Wilson/AP)

Jackie Donahue, Nelly?s half-sister and the focal point of the rapper?s efforts to raise awareness about bone-marrow donation in the African-American community, died this morning of acute myelogenous leukemia. .........

link ......

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/en...8E9F9A36ECAEBC0086256FCE00617D8C?OpenDocument

Prayers up for my fellow St. Louisian and his family in their time of grief.

Cancer of any kind is nothing to take lightly. Hopefully the singing rapper and those who follow can bring into light more awareness.

I heard this story on BET's news, last night...very sad to hear this. GOD bless Nelly and his family, and may Jackie RIP. :(

Prayers up!

Justin said:
Cancer of any kind is nothing to take lightly. Hopefully the singing rapper and those who follow can bring into light more awareness.

He tried.

The CRIT's of SPELLMAN tried to shoot him down ....................AND WAS PRAISED FOR IT. :xeye:

staggalee83 said:
The CRIT's of SPELLMAN tried to shoot him down ....................AND WAS PRAISED FOR IT. :xeye:

I was in a conversation with a young lady about Jackie Donahue's passing and she said something to me that made me think a little hard about this sister. She brought up about how the students at Spelman rejected Nelly's appearance last year could have had an effect on how Ms. Donahue could've possibly received a bone marrow transplant had it not been for how Nelly was raked over the coals for his controversial video for "Tip Drill". She made the point that there could've been a woman that could've been a worthy donor out there willing to give but because it was Nelly and since he put a lot of women in an uproar, that could've contributed to why no one was willing to step forward and help. I hope this was not the case, but if it was, then that's just plain sad.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who knows .....................it could have been a 1 in 10,000,000 shot.

BUT..............that 1 COULD have come from this area...............ATL. :xeye:

As far as "Nobody stepping forward" ...................SPELLMAN was the only place that acted like idiot's. Everywhere else they went, need was seperated from "SPOTLIGHT RAP PROTEST." They had hundreds of SUCESSFUL drives before and AFTER SPELLMAN.

The day after he cancelled this, he went to a predominantly WHITE college, forgot the name, in Texas and they had a sucessful minority bone marrow drive. WHITES were tested too. Too bad it was her own kind that acted like nut's.

Now watch the FAKE sorrow flow from this place.

staggalee83 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who knows .....................it could have been a 1 in 10,000,000 shot.

BUT..............that 1 COULD have come from this area...............ATL. :xeye:

As far as "Nobody stepping forward" ...................SPELLMAN was the only place that acted like idiot's. Everywhere else they went, need was seperated from "SPOTLIGHT RAP PROTEST." They had hundreds of SUCESSFUL drives before and AFTER SPELLMAN.

The day after he cancelled this, he went to a predominantly WHITE college, forgot the name, in Texas and they had a sucessful minority bone marrow drive. WHITES were tested too. Too bad it was her own kind that acted like nut's.

Now watch the FAKE sorrow flow from this place.

Ditto.....

Back