Negative Comments About Colin Powell

Dr. Sweet NUPE

It is a dayum shame that some people on the SWACPage has refered to Colin Powell as a "House N-word" and other negative things. There are some policies that the Bush administration has that I don't agree with. But we as African Americans have to remember that Colin Powell has a lot of first which he is well qualified for......furthermore did Clinton have any African American's in his administration that served in power positions. NO.....yes he had a lot in the White House working behind the scenes, but what about being in front of the camara.

Colin Powell was on Bush's list to be his Vice President.....yet, there was a powerful person that stopped that. Colin Powell's wife who suffers from depression of being apart from her husband. Colin Powell also stated that if Al Gore was elected President, that he would be proud to serve in his administration.

In short refering to Colin Powell as a "House N-word" is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever seen. He is doing something that young black males like myself want to do oneday:
Work Hard, Sacrifice for Family, Have a Love for Your Country, and Be Willing to Give Your Life for what you believe in.

What other African American leaders do we have. Jesse "No-Condom Wearing - Hipocritical" Jackson? Now that statement is true: Did Jesse wear a condom when he cheated on his wife, furthermore while he was cheating on his wife he made statements to the National Minority AIDS Council that you should use condoms.

When does party politics end, and we as African Americans become happy to have a Brother or Sister in a position like Colin Powells.

Well said Dr. Sweetnupe. I couldn't agree with you more. I have the upmost respect for Colin Powell , Rod Paige, and Condelezza Rice. I consider them outstanding role models. While I differ in the positions the Republican Party takes at times. These 3 African Americans have not shamed our race by any means.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
even though I didnt refer to Powell as such

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
When does party politics end,
Maybe it can end when you can create a post without having to refer to Clinton.

btw, Please don't tell me you're getting upset because "we as African Americans" don't all have the same views, support the same people, or have the same role models. I'm just glad I don't need "leaders" to define me. Do you?

Re: even though I didnt refer to Powell as such

Originally posted by mighty hornet

Maybe it can end when you can create a post without having to refer to Clinton.

btw, Please don't tell me you're getting upset because "we as African Americans" don't all have the same views, support the same people, or have the same role models. I'm just glad I don't need "leaders" to define me. Do you?

I'm only responding to Mr. Matriculation's thread concerning Colin Powell. I don't need a leader. I refered to Clinton because he had many African Americans behind the scenes but there were none upfront.

I understand the point you're making Dr, but don't be fooled by Powell's or Rice's appointments. Without a doubt, Clinton appointed, way more African-Americans than Bush, and I disagree about there were none upfront.

Here are a couple in the Clinton administration....

Rodney Slater- Sec. of Transportation
Dr. Elders- Surgeon General

Too many of you place too much faith in these people anyway. Politicians are....well, I digress. I don't really give a freak if they're white or black. They all have issues. Y'all better wake up and realize who's really in control of your lives.

Re: Re: even though I didnt refer to Powell as such

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
I refered to Clinton because he had many African Americans behind the scenes but there were none upfront.

Uhhh, MH ??? Show me some evidence of this.:confused: :confused:

Colin Powell is the closet thing you or I will see in our lifetime to a Black President (WE aint gonna elect nobody to ISHT with a 12% population of which only 25% votes). He currently holds the highest position a Black Man has ever held in this country. That currently trumps any notional promotions behind the scene that Clinton had. Oh yeah, and did'nt he fire Jocelyn Elders for exemplifying Liberal Ideals. Mabye if he had Masturbated like Jocelyn advised then he would not have had a scandal.
Man, will you Liberals quit riding Clintons Sack !!!
His time is over, and he aint coming back...you might as well talk about JFK, they got about the same influence now.

The number of African American political appointments is also down sharply to 9 percent of nominees, compared with 15 percent under Clinton, according to the Brookings Institution, a political think tank that has assembled a bipartisan team to advise its Presidential Appointee Initiative.

The Brookings Institution reports that 24 of 264 appointees are African American--9.1 percent, including 7.3 percent male and 1.82 percent female.

Yvonne Scruggs-Leftwich, executive director of the Black Leadership Forum, says she is not surprised by the drop in African American and women appointees. She called the administration's intentional effort to put in place a diverse Cabinet "showcasing."

"I don't think pointing to (Secretary of State) Colin Powell and (National Security Adviser) Condoleezza Rice can begin to address the priorities and issues that affect the lives of any minority community every day," Scruggs says. "It's intentionally distracting and cynical to imply that all those concerns can be addressed in foreign policy."

MH, you just validated my point. African-Americans as a whole vote at a rate of 88% Democratic and 12% Republican. Clinton's appointments were extremely lower in proportion to Bush's. Every Black person Clinton appointed either worked on his Campaign or Worked on past Campaign's for him. The Same for Bush. The bottom line is how in the UCKF you expect to get "something" out of "anything" when all you put in was "nothing".

And Bill Clinton is gone...he aint coming back !!! Quit living in the Pass !!!!!!

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
MH, you just validated my point. African-Americans as a whole vote at a rate of 88% Democratic and 12% Republican. Clinton's appointments were extremely lower in proportion to Bush's. Every Black person Clinton appointed either worked on his Campaign or Worked on past Campaign's for him.

You say some of the fuzziest crap bruh.

If you actually think bush appointed a higher percentage of Afican-Americans than Clinton, you are sadly mistakened.

And of the many judges, ambassadors, and other presidential appointments, its absolutely crazy that you think that all of them "either worked on his campaign or worked on past campaigns for him". Actually, that's an indictment and an insult against African Americans.

Stop selling African-Americans short dude!!!!!!! Believe it or not, there are some African Americans who are actually intelligent.

:smh:

Originally posted by mighty hornet

You say some of the fuzziest crap bruh.

If you actually think bush appointed a higher percentage of Afican-Americans than Clinton, you are sadly mistakened.

And of the many judges, ambassadors, and other presidential appointments, its absolutely crazy that you think that all of them "either worked on his campaign or worked on past campaigns for him". Actually, that's an indictment and an insult against African Americans.

Stop selling African-Americans short dude!!!!!!! Believe it or not, there are some African Americans who are actually intelligent.

Anything is Fuzzy when you fail to clean off your glasses to view it Bruh !!!!

MH, it seems you have the ability like most liberals do, to take what you percieve in someones writings or posts and somehow construe that as congnitive thought, or distortion in this instance. I simply stated, Bush according to the number of African Americans that voted for him has more that doubled even tripled proportionatly that which voted for Clinton.

And I can't sell anyone short. Individuals that vote Dem simply because they have been conditioned to do so, do that job better than anybody. Much as the Mofo's black and white that refuse to work in this country. And if you ever agree with me MH then I know I am doing something wrong. I don't expect the far left to agree with anything that even resembles the right.
Oh yeah, and Bill Clinton aint coming back. Concentrate on a candidate after Bush's next term. Until then...........

democratic_seal.jpg

Who's looking at the numbers fuzzy???

15% of Clinton's appointees were African American. You're the one on here allways harping about us being only 13% of the total population. Well, looks like Clinton's appointments were at least representative of real numbers. What about Bush's numbers??
LOL

And for the record, you don't know which, if any, party or idealogy I identify with. Unlike you, I've never publicly stated. I don't see the need to. But, I see the need to comment on fuzzy math, labels, and negative stereotypes.

Have a good one Republican!!!!

Makaho, I have a question to ask you

And I'm not trying to be funny.....I really want to know.

What's the big deal about political parties with you? Why is it everytime I see you posting over here, you're boasting and bragging on the Republican party? If you're proud to be a republican, then be so....but you don't have to speak badly of the other parties. Just do your thang and roll with it. Some folks are proud to be democrat or liberals or whatever else is out there to be. Just because you or your party believes in something, doesn't make it right. What makes the republican party so much better then any other(s) anyway?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Makaho, I have a question to ask you

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
And I'm not trying to be funny.....I really want to know.

What's the big deal about political parties with you?

D-town, I just believe in fighting fire with fire. I have no problems with Democrats, L I used to be one myself. And I do vote Dem if the candidate is better. I just believe in combatting negative ideology with the Right with negative ideology with the Left. It just seems that I am negative in tone probably because I tell people what they don't really wanna hear. But I do have problems with people that vote Liberal because they quote say..."It's what we are supposed to do !" That shows serious brainwashing in place, why because I used to be a part of it. I used to be a G.O.T.V consultant for the N.A.A.C.P. One day I got tired of all the Wolf tickets the Democratic party sells and joined the Good side of the Force.

And I am vocal because I have to be, It's really easy to say "I am Spartacus !! ", when you are the 100th person to do so. But let's say you are the first and no one else speaks it after you, then you get "slain" by the Romans."

BTW, you never answered my question about me preparing a Chittlin Loaf dinner for you.:D

Makaho,

I don't know if you know this or not, but William Jefferson Clinton is the greatest President in the history of these United States. This country prospered greatly under his leadership and is going to the crapper right now under your boy, Dubya.

<font size=1>*That should get his motor running*</font>

Let me ask you a serious question??? Exactly when did you convert from Democrat to Republican??? Did your conversion coincide with another infamous conversion in Jackson???

Originally posted by Robber
Makaho,

I don't know if you know this or not, but William Jefferson Clinton is the greatest President in the history of these United States. This country prospered greatly under his leadership and is going to the crapper right now under your boy, Dubya.

<font size=1>*That should get his motor running*</font>

Let me ask you a serious question??? Exactly when did you convert from Democrat to Republican??? Did your conversion coincide with another infamous conversion in Jackson???

Yes I will agree Robber, Bill Clinton was the best President Afghanistan, North Korea and Iraq ever had.
:D::Snicker:::D

And I would like to think I had a lil something to do with that conversion...I converted officially when I was in Saudi Arabia in 95. And I do vote Democratic...for example since we don't have open primaries in MS, I had to vote on the Democratic ticket when I voted for JSU alums Toni Terry and Malcom Harrison when they ran for public office.
You too will be converted Robber, resistance is futile...you will be assimilated....:D :D :D

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
Yes I will agree Robber, Bill Clinton was the best President Afghanistan, North Korea and Iraq ever had.
:D::Snicker:::D

:confused: :confused: Kneegrow Please!!!!!!!!!!!

ummmm......this thread was about negative comments about Colin Powell......now we're talking about how well the country did under Clinton.

My .02

Dr
How can you get peeved with how this thread is turning when in your original post about negative comments about Colin Powell, you also asked "did Clinton have any African Americans in his administration that served in power positions". Looks like you are the first person to get off the subject and bring Clinton into the mix. :idea:

You even went so far as talking about whether or not Jesse Jackson wears condoms on this topic about Colin Powell...... :eek:

I was comparing "Bareback" to Colin Powell. Jesse has proven to African Americans that he is a liar. Sitting in the Pulpit one minute.....creeping in the next room later on. Colin Powell has not made African Americans look bad in any way.

Let's see.....
you wanna know why your topic about negative comments regarding Powell got offtrack

You, yourself, make negative comments about 2 other people in your original post

and you still wanna question other folks about negative comments?????????????

MH,

I was talking about how this became an issue of Political parties. I don't care if Colin Powell was part of the Greenleaf Party I'm just wondering how people start a thread about something and it ends up being something totally different.

Back