Need Ideas for Sunday Dinner

kbSU89

What would be a good Sunday dinner to cook.

I am tired of fish and chicken. I would like ideas on other type of meats.

I am not that much of a red meat person, but if someone gives me good ideas I can try it.

Waiting on responses ASAP

I always enjoy a good, slow cooked roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions on a Sunday.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Vinita
I always enjoy a good, slow cooked roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions on a Sunday.

Nita, ask Kema about my roast! Tender as "L"!!!! Dayum!!! Will yall stop talkin' bout food, isht! You know I got issues with food..... :smh:

Originally posted by Mike

Nita, ask Kema about my roast! Tender as "L"!!!! Dayum!!! Will yall stop talkin' bout food, isht! You know I got issues with food..... :smh:

Why is it the men can always cook a mean roast, I know I can outcook my mom and my ex when it came to a roast.

Help with Roast

Please share. Everytime I cook roast it comes out stringy and sort of dry. I put it in the crock pot and let it cook overnight, but it has a stringy dry taste.

Betty Crocker and Emeril please send help

I am a good cook, certain meats I can not cook right. My main problem is with red meat it is always to tough

Re: Help with Roast

Originally posted by 89comSUgrad

Please share. Everytime I cook roast it comes out stringy and sort of dry. I put it in the crock pot and let it cook overnight, but it has a stringy dry taste.

Betty Crocker and Emeril please send help

I am a good cook, certain meats I can not cook right. My main problem is with red meat it is always to tough

If I tell you my secret, I'd have to kill ya!

One hint: Marinate

Well, two hints: Frie it with a little flour, oil, and oinions first. Then make your gravy. ;)

I got special ingredients..... :p

How bout

Well you can always do a Boston Butt Pork Roast, but to me they taste best when smoked.
Also you can go with Steak, but if you do Italian you can get the meat (ground beef or italian sausage) and pasta all in one. If I were doing Italian, I would do one of the following...

1.) Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage (or a ground turkey sausage if you prefer)
or
2.) Chicken Parmesan with Pasta and broccoli (or with just pasta and some steamed broccoli with a nice lemon butter sauce).
or
3.) you could do one of the following...
Spinach Lasagna, Meat Lasagna or a 4 cheese Lasagna

Also hook up a Salad and some Garlic Bread to go along with either of these.

Good Luck!!

I am always in the kitchen doing some type of cooking but I love to bake & smother my meats. You can bake or smother some pork chops or chicken(those are my 2 favorite meats). But I can't put my secrets out on the page like that I would have to kill all these mofos up in hea' for trying to steal my stuff & pass it off as their own. But try smothering or baking. Now I have a mean way I throw down with my Shrimp dishes.:)

Re: Re: Help with Roast

If I tell you my secret, I'd have to kill ya!

One hint: Marinate

Well, two hints: Frie it with a little flour, oil, and oinions first. Then make your gravy. ;)

I got special ingredients..... :p

Your secret is safe, I am from Louisiana so I do have some of my own special ingredients:)
Thanks I will try something new this Sunday, it will either be the roast or liver, or my old favorite, chicken or fish

Re: Re: Re: Help with Roast

Your secret is safe, I am from Louisiana so I do have some of my own special ingredients:)
Thanks I will try something new this Sunday, it will either be the roast or liver, or my old favorite, chicken or fish

LIVER:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
I hate liver!!!!!!!!! How can you people eat that isht?!?!?!:(

Re: How bout

Originally posted by AAMU_TOP_DOG
If I were doing Italian, I would do one of the following...

1.) Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage (or a ground turkey sausage if you prefer)
or
2.) Chicken Parmesan with Pasta and broccoli (or with just pasta and some steamed broccoli with a nice lemon butter sauce).
or
3.) you could do one of the following...
Spinach Lasagna, Meat Lasagna or a 4 cheese Lasagna

Also hook up a Salad and some Garlic Bread to go along with either of these.

Good Luck!!

She said SUNDAY meals....those ain't sunday meals, thats food you make on tues or thurs...pasta days

Y'all are making me hungry.....yes, yes....roast if one of my specialites and Mike you're definitely on point.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It is true, Mike makes steak and roast better...I like his better than mine. He does Marinate.

My Aunt said to marinate your stakes in Italian Dressing, then bake. It is the vinegar in the dressing that tenderizes...

Also, try Beef Stew....

Get cubed Beef.... brown it in the pot with onions and seasonings and flower... That seers (sears??) in the juices... Get a packet of McCormick's stew mix... for seasoning.... put veggies, water, and seasoning in the crock pot...

If it is string, it has cooked too long. My old crock pot, can do a roast in 4 hours. That MUGG would be cooking! Ya hear me?

I did a pork roast in the oven... Now, I know I got Mike beat on that. I like to stuff it with garlic the night before and put salt, pepper, garlic powder all over it. Wrap it in foil paper... Then put it in the oven.

For baked pork chops, we put salt, pepper, and garlic powder and just baked it like that... Trust, it is good.... This is for thinner pork chops... And be generous with the garlic powder... NOT Garlic Salt...

I will be makin Spagetti. I know you can use that Turkey meat instead of beef. Man, do that meat taste good!

Thanks to all of you for your ideas

I considered all of the ideas you all gave me and I really want to thank you, but this is what I actually cooked

Smothered Pork Chops
Corn Bread Dressing
Rice a Roni
Cheesy Potatoes
Green Salad

How is that:)

Kema, when are you going to hold a cooking class, I will be the first one to Register:D

I can come over and taste our homework:D

Re: Thanks to all of you for your ideas

I considered all of the ideas you all gave me and I really want to thank you, but this is what I actually cooked

Smothered Pork Chops
Corn Bread Dressing
Rice a Roni
Cheesy Potatoes
Green Salad

How is that:)

Kema, when are you going to hold a cooking class, I will be the first one to Register:D

I can come over and taste our homework:D

Damn I should have hit the beltway & took the South Gessner exit when I got out of church today. I have been craving corn bread dressing for a hot minute(I can't wait until thanksgiving). But we were on the same page with the pork chops today..I fried my pork chops...& threw in some rice,gravy,dinner rolls & corn. I don't know what I am going to cook next week...I need to start getting my weekly menu together.

Back