NC A&T vs. Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Classic Nomination.

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
Picture it in your mind...sixty years from now.....two 80 something year old men, Bandfan and SUtrp96 sitting in their wheelchairs in a nursing home arguing over who had the better band in 2003!!

:lmao: :p

You wouldn't catch me in public arguing with some one that never marched in a HBCU band...:)

I'll argue with you OCt. 18 though

And I WILL be sitting in front JSU band
:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Classic Nomination.

Originally posted by SUtrp96
You wouldn't catch me in public arguing with some one that never marched in a HBCU band...:)

Okey dokey! :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Classic Nomination.

I'll get a blue&white pom-pom for you! :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Classic Nomination.

Can I have a blue and white pom-pom too? I'll need something to sit on if it starts to rain. :nod:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Once again....

Originally posted by docmump
What's up Ker...Err...Frat. I am from that Beta Delta Chapta, Texas Southern Univ. Even though my money goes to Alpha Beta Sigma, my heart is still with the B.D.

Frat, I love your site. I have been there too many times in the past. I was wondering when you will update the site?

:lol: Don't feel bad, folk been wondering when I was gonna update for 3 years plus now. Even *I* wonder when I'm going to update.

I just got a new 'staff' for the site and I'm installing a phpnuke script so the bulk of the site will be automated and won't require as much 'work' as I'd been putting in 97-00. The only thing keeping me from a full update right now is.... I'm a band director. :D

It's so bad right now, I don't even have time to be fully active with the frat. :( But the extra time I put in at school with my kids more than makes up for the 'service' element of our organization. You know us band directors ain't just directors - we're mentors too.

#1 of 5 Spring 95
Prime Time alias Spotlight

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Classic Nomination.

Originally posted by CriTAUcal
I'll get a blue&white pom-pom for you! :D

Get me one too.

I need something for Lacumba to play with.

Re: This thing is deeper than I thought

Originally posted by Batman
Man,

I thought WE were bad about things like this. *smh*

I was at both the BOTB (middle of the floor), as well as the game (on the field), and was impressed by BOTH bands.

Less the miscue on the song by SU at the BOTB, I thought the band battle was intense, extremely intense, and no band was CLEARLY better than the other. Southern had good strong songs, so did A&T. I thought Southern was more entertaining at the BOTB (the soloist, guys doing the routine on the floor, Dancing Dolls), but I thought A&T repped, as well.

Game time:

I understand where BOTH groups are coming from when they talk about the game, and they look at things from two different standpoints.

FIRST, Southern has some amps, you can't take that away from them. So does A&T.

A&T played more often during the game, but I was told that they got a couple of warnings for doing so.

When Southern wanted to open up, they did. A&T was open pretty much the whole game.

Halftime:

Southern did their typical drill, and it went over well. That's not to take away from what they did, as they do it well. Crowds eat up the way SU puts the score on the field. The DM for SU was good. I actually had a chance to meet the brother. Real cool person. The Dancing Dolls did great. I enjoyed the routine. Everything that Southern did, I had seen before, so there was nothing that was new to me. I enjoyed their show, though.

A&T's drum majors had a nice opening to the halftime show. The drill went well, and Golden Delight (their auxiliary unit) did a really good job. The sound from A&T was nice, as was Southern's, and the dance routine went over well. I enjoyed A&T's show.

As far as who did better, it's not for me to say, and it's really not that important to me, as BOTH bands gave those in attendance great performances, both on the field, and in the stands. I'll have to give it to A&T's trombones, though. They were playing non-stop. Great selection of fanfares.

Go ahead, rip up my comments. I really don't care, as it's not that deep to me.

Congrats again to both bands. The fans really enjoyed your shows, and you repped HBCU bands well this past weekend.

Peace.

Nice comments.

Man I knew BandFan was going run is Arse on here and lie, lie!! Okay man the clips on here show that SU had more power and volume true both bands could have worked on a few things. NC A&T trobones sounds like loud garbage coming across that field!! SU trombones true wasn't as loud but they sounded better and did a harder solo, THen this fool had to nerve to state to me that the Golden Deleight danced better than the DOLLS!!!!! Please I will admitted them girls are fine as hell and only look better I can think of several highschool dance teams off hand that I seen that are better( SWD, Stephenson, Reed, JFK, 35). Then this dude want to call SU timid in the stands!! We both was at the game and I know this fool seen the reps keep giving A&T's band warnings!! So if the reps are giving A&T warnings why in the hell would SU turn around and play in risk of getting them same warnings? SU Crunk songs when ever there was a time out but toh they were timid, Another thing I ask him why A&T didn't stay for the 5th? His lame answer is that the woodwinds had to go before 11pm how stupid is this what they was going to make back through all the traffic to their hotel in 15 mins when the game ended about 10:45? I hung up on the fool after that!! How in the hell woodwinds going to have a curfiew and not the hold band? Isn't called A&T marching band and not the A&T marching wood winds!!! BANDFAND has not credit with me as a SWAC fan or any other kind when you don't represent right any time he says that every time SU played AAMU they took and 'L"! espceially in 98 when the game was at the SU? I was like WTF when I stood in front of both bands and have the tape to prove. We are entitled to our opinion but I hate when peeps flat out lie and say they all for SU but when they secertly Hate the Jukebox and foucus on all neagtive things that the Jukes do but not the other band and give SU a L because of it.

Re: This thing is deeper than I thought

Originally posted by Batman
Man,

I thought WE were bad about things like this. *smh*

I was at both the BOTB (middle of the floor), as well as the game (on the field), and was impressed by BOTH bands.

Less the miscue on the song by SU at the BOTB, I thought the band battle was intense, extremely intense, and no band was CLEARLY better than the other. Southern had good strong songs, so did A&T. I thought Southern was more entertaining at the BOTB (the soloist, guys doing the routine on the floor, Dancing Dolls), but I thought A&T repped, as well.

Game time:

I understand where BOTH groups are coming from when they talk about the game, and they look at things from two different standpoints.

FIRST, Southern has some amps, you can't take that away from them. So does A&T.

A&T played more often during the game, but I was told that they got a couple of warnings for doing so.

When Southern wanted to open up, they did. A&T was open pretty much the whole game.

Halftime:

Southern did their typical drill, and it went over well. That's not to take away from what they did, as they do it well. Crowds eat up the way SU puts the score on the field. The DM for SU was good. I actually had a chance to meet the brother. Real cool person. The Dancing Dolls did great. I enjoyed the routine. Everything that Southern did, I had seen before, so there was nothing that was new to me. I enjoyed their show, though.

A&T's drum majors had a nice opening to the halftime show. The drill went well, and Golden Delight (their auxiliary unit) did a really good job. The sound from A&T was nice, as was Southern's, and the dance routine went over well. I enjoyed A&T's show.

As far as who did better, it's not for me to say, and it's really not that important to me, as BOTH bands gave those in attendance great performances, both on the field, and in the stands. I'll have to give it to A&T's trombones, though. They were playing non-stop. Great selection of fanfares.

Go ahead, rip up my comments. I really don't care, as it's not that deep to me.

Congrats again to both bands. The fans really enjoyed your shows, and you repped HBCU bands well this past weekend.

Peace.

Just had to quote this to end this thread, nothing like ending it on a positive note....:tup:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Classic Nomination.

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
Can I have a blue and white pom-pom too? I'll need something to sit on if it starts to rain. :nod:

If it rains, you'll need more than a pompom. :rolleyes:

... but if you insist, just use that old gold and blue one. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Classic Nomination.

SO how's about it....:D

Sure! :rolleyes: Just make sure you show your face to me at the game. I'll be sitting next to the band, as well.

And uhhhhhh, Chi-Tone, you make sure I see your face before YOU leave our Friendly Confines! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back