My little theory about SU’s arrangements

atl hornet

This may be a hot take, but am I the only one who thinks SU’s arrangements has gotten better ever since Nate left?

Nate had some classics, but it just seems like SU’s music is more complex & better now. He talked smacked about Taylor in his book, but 1 thing I can say is they play college arrangements now instead of sounding like a college band playing simple stuff.

This may be a hot take, but am I the only one who thinks SU’s arrangements has gotten better ever since Nate left?

Nate had some classics, but it just seems like SU’s music is more complex & better now. He talked smacked about Taylor in his book, but 1 thing I can say is they play college arrangements now instead of sounding like a college band playing simple stuff.
Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. The music this year was not up to SU standards and feels like the band is treading downward. I think change is going to be needed if things dont get back on track.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. The music this year was not up to SU standards and feels like the band is treading downward. I think change is going to be needed if things dont get back on track.
It’s no excuse, but the rumor is that most of the band were freshman and sophomores. I don’t know how true that is. My biggest issue(s) is the missing of cut offs, unnecessary screaming, and arrangements that should have not left the band room. The falls on the BD.

The staff has a lot things going on. One staff member lost his mom and dad during the season. The other one was out for the majority of the season.

It’s no excuse, but the rumor is that most of the band were freshman and sophomores. I don’t know how true that is. My biggest issue(s) is the missing of cut offs, unnecessary screaming, and arrangements that should have not left the band room. The falls on the BD.
180 Freshman, but that shouldn’t matter at SU.

Way off base with this opinion. Ked & Brian were a great arrangement team under Haymer. Haymer was great by himself from 2010-2013. The band is trending downward with arrangements and overall repertoire. Staff shake up is needed big time. We have never had to worry about band until now. lol

Preach.

Back