My formal apology to Prayer Board readers

dacontinent

Preacher
I was working on a manuscript today and came to a verse of scripture that just rocked me.

1 Cor 2:13-16

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
KJV

Of course this made me think of all of my exchanges with JayRob. I have gone back and forth with him for a few years now, grousing over the same issues again and again. When I first started in the endeavor, I had grandiose thoughts of this guy actually wanting to know something that he had somehow missed out on growing up in church as a child; that somewhere buried within him was a deep hunger to know and have a personal relationship with the Lord God of all creation. Alas, it appears that this is not the case.

I believe that he is a good guy. I still believe that he will be a great asset to the Kingdom of God someday when he submits himself to God. However, that time is not now and this is not the forum where that will occur. So, I will refrain from "casting pearls" before him in this arena. Perhaps I or another of those believers who read or post here will have an opportunity to meet him in a different forum and share with him the ruach and rhema of God; or it could be that God has some completely different plan for bringing him into the Kingdom. I don't know, but I am sure it will be awesome.

So, to posters and readers like nevaehinvesting, Royal Blue, Dr. H, Tiger1, Kendrick, and many others of whom I cannot remember all of the monickers just now, please accept my apology for not waking to this sooner.

To the moderators over the time period for wasting your precious reading time.

To Kenn Rashad, please forgive me for occupying that space on the server.

But mostly, to JayRob: please forgive me for wasting your time trying to give you something that you clearly don't want to share in at this point in your life. I wish you well and look forward to the day that you post of your decision to walk with Christ for the rest of your life.

May God bless you, dacontinent.

All of us will eventually submit to His will one way or another. The easy way or the hard way.

I'm glad this truth has been revealed to you.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I second what SUJagFan said, and I thank you Dacon. This is a wonderful revelation and I'm so very glad this came to you.

God knows your heart and your reasons behind your responses on this particular board.

yeah man I know you wanted that Damascus Road experience for JayRob,
doesn't seem to be happening, oh well you've done your part
shake the dust off your feet and keep it moving

We don't know if God has turn him over to a reprobate mind,
or if he's part of the weepin' and knashing of teeth crew, or
just someone who feels God let him down in someway, so
he decided to stop believing , without tangible proof like Thomas.
I don't know
BUT for whatever it's worth, for now, you Still got me to fellowship with...lol....

Peace.

Last edited:
Dac, it's all good and I leave you with the following...

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

The Archangel Michael himself was doing battle with the devil, and he was a mighty powerful angel, yet he would not stop to discuss, or argue anything with Satan, the devil. God is telling you don't waste the time in arguing with Satan, or you will lose the argument. Satan knows the Scripture from cover to cover and all of the Scripture is fresh in his mind. His nature is to add Word's and take them away to twist the original meanings. http://www.theseason.org/jude/jude1.htm

The best piece of advice I've received was it is not my job to convince anyone of anything (no matter how hard I might try). The only task is to present the information, and then allow the individual or group to determine if is it something worth buying into. If not, move on. But in a forum such as this, it is easier said than done.

I was working on a manuscript today and came to a verse of scripture that just rocked me.

1 Cor 2:13-16

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
KJV

Of course this made me think of all of my exchanges with JayRob. I have gone back and forth with him for a few years now, grousing over the same issues again and again. When I first started in the endeavor, I had grandiose thoughts of this guy actually wanting to know something that he had somehow missed out on growing up in church as a child; that somewhere buried within him was a deep hunger to know and have a personal relationship with the Lord God of all creation. Alas, it appears that this is not the case.

I believe that he is a good guy. I still believe that he will be a great asset to the Kingdom of God someday when he submits himself to God. However, that time is not now and this is not the forum where that will occur. So, I will refrain from "casting pearls" before him in this arena. Perhaps I or another of those believers who read or post here will have an opportunity to meet him in a different forum and share with him the ruach and rhema of God; or it could be that God has some completely different plan for bringing him into the Kingdom. I don't know, but I am sure it will be awesome.

So, to posters and readers like nevaehinvesting, Royal Blue, Dr. H, Tiger1, Kendrick, and many others of whom I cannot remember all of the monickers just now, please accept my apology for not waking to this sooner.

To the moderators over the time period for wasting your precious reading time.

To Kenn Rashad, please forgive me for occupying that space on the server.

But mostly, to JayRob: please forgive me for wasting your time trying to give you something that you clearly don't want to share in at this point in your life. I wish you well and look forward to the day that you post of your decision to walk with Christ for the rest of your life.

This is UNBELIEVABLE. No pun intended.

So, you've FINALLY had a revelation that no other on this board had? I can say that you were braver than most Christians in trying to tackle the difficult, yet LOGICAL questions posed by JayRob. You at least tried. You stayed and tried, while others ran for the hills because they dare not try and tackle simple, yet logical questions about the real causes of sickness, the true cause of diseases and the irrational and fairytale content of a book written by ignorant, bronze-aged men who had no earthly idea of what we know today, none whatsoever, yet we're supposed to take their word over proven data?
It truly amazes me that so-called educated folks still believe and dearly hold onto such stories that would even make African or Carribean shamans blush.

These same folks refused to at least try and answer logical questions about astronomy, about the REAL causes of diseases, especially since modern science has enlightened us all in this regard.

Dacon, you've finally fallen for the okey doke, but that's your problem and that's for you to decipher and work out in your own mind.

No need to apologize to JayRob. I DO however thank you for helping me delve deeper into research and studying to the point where it became even more obvious to me that what I was posting about the bible and religion in general was accurate, logical, ethical and truthful.

I applaud you for at least trying to state your case, whereas others remained mute and stand-offish for fear of being questioned, but you stood firm, regardless of how error-filled your posts were. LOL. At least you tried to state your case.

Now it seems that you've given up the ghost. You KNOW AND I KNOW that in your heart of hearts you can't withstand the evidence or questions I've posed to you, so you choose the easy way out. Well, that's your prerogative.

Perhaps it's FINALLY dawned on you that it's difficult to withstand evidence and reason in the face of faith and fiction, from a book that's virtually full of obvious inaccuracies.
Since that's the case, I understand you finally coming to such a conclusion. You hung in there and I must give you credit for that.

The bottomline is that if the bible was credible and reliable, I'd have no problem taking it seriously, but its been shown to not be time and time again.

Fact of the matter is that if I had joined you and others in criticizing so-called pagan religions such as Islam, Hinduism and others, you would've recognized the trick of religion for what it is.
Well, that's your loss if you haven't figured it out by now. Perhaps you will in due time.

Again, no need to apologize to me. I think you need to apologize to yourself because you were the LAST of the Mohicans in trying to explain your religion to someone who REALLY wanted to know things such as, "how the sun revolved around the earth; how evil spirits caused diseases; how the male sperm ALONE could create a fetus and how the sun stopped in midstream. Don't forget that ALL OF THE AFOREMENTIONED ARE TAUGHT IN THE BIBLE, but I'm supposed to take such on faith?

Not one time has anyone bothered to logically explain these ancient beliefs in a manner that's logical and provable, then again, I KNEW there was no way anyone could.

Who can you ever apologize to for believing such nonsense? No need to apologize to me.
Hopefully and in due time folks will finally come to see religion for what it really is....a mass of fictional and plagiarized stories, meant to control people politically, morally and ethically.

Again Dacon, no need to apologize to JayRob. You'd be better off apologizing to yourself and to those who've chosen to remain mute when logical questions are being asked and discussed.

Last edited:
The best piece of advice I've received was it is not my job to convince anyone of anything (no matter how hard I might try). The only task is to present the information, and then allow the individual or group to determine if is it something worth buying into. If not, move on. But in a forum such as this, it is easier said than done.

Kendrick please. It truly amazes me that on any other subject, you'd be highly motivated and upset if folks didn't present as much phyiscal evidence as possible to support their case, however when it comes to religion, you resort to merely believing by "faith".
Where are these SAME requirements when it comes to the bible?
Quite interesting indeed.

Should one's religion and holy book be a reason to absolve oneself of scientific evidence for the sake of his faith? No, because if one did, it would automatically shut out honesty and truth.

Last edited:
Dac, it's all good and I leave you with the following...

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

The Archangel Michael himself was doing battle with the devil, and he was a mighty powerful angel, yet he would not stop to discuss, or argue anything with Satan, the devil. God is telling you don't waste the time in arguing with Satan, or you will lose the argument. Satan knows the Scripture from cover to cover and all of the Scripture is fresh in his mind. His nature is to add Word's and take them away to twist the original meanings. http://www.theseason.org/jude/jude1.htm

How convenient to fall on the excuse of a satan. If you can't answer simple and logical questions, ALWAYS resort to the satan excuse. LOL!!

yeah man I know you wanted that Damascus Road experience for JayRob,
doesn't seem to be happening, oh well you've done your part
shake the dust off your feet and keep it moving

We don't know if God has turn him over to a reprobate mind,
or if he's part of the weepin' and knashing of teeth crew, or
just someone who feels God let him down in someway, so
he decided to stop believing , without tangible proof like Thomas.
I don't know
BUT for whatever it's worth, for now, you Still got me to fellowship with...lol....

Peace.

Hahahaha. If only your fellow scientists could read this.

Has it ever dawned on you that when it comes to science, you're all for providing evidence and proof, but when it comes to the religion and the bible, you throw all of the above out the window?
What's wrong with JayRob asking for evidence to substantiate the writings of 2,000 year old doctrines written by ignorant, superstitious tribesmen who didn't know a tenth of what we know today about the laws of science?

With you being a scientist, I sincerely ask you, "what's wrong with that?"

May God bless you, dacontinent.

All of us will eventually submit to His will one way or another. The easy way or the hard way.

I'm glad this truth has been revealed to you.

Truth? What truth? Is it true that the sun stopped so a ragtag group of slaves could win a war led by a fictional person named Joshua?

Is it true that evil spirits cause diseases?

All of us have clearly been taught and educated from elementary school to high school to KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that bacteria and viruses CAUSE DISEASES, yet we have folks believing that evil spirits are actually the CAUSE?!
Can ANYONE believe and ADMIT this nonsense with a straight face?

Where's the truth that the sun revolves around the earth as taught by the bible? Yet JayRob is supposed to be the illogical person?
Does ANYONE actually believe that the sun stopped and that the sun revolves around the earth? If there is, then that person's head needs to be examined.
Kendrick, RB, Dacon, Lioness, sujagfan, do you all believe the sun revolves around the earth as taught by the bible?

Either the authors of the bible didn't know what the heck they were talking about or modern astronomy is in error?

Whose brave enough to say that THE SUN REVOLVES AROUND THE EARTH, other than the bible? Who stands by the bible on this subject? Do you sujagfan and others? Please answer honestly if you have that much faith. If you don't answer, it's verifiable evidence that your faith isn't strong in this area.

Nice post Kendrick and very good advice. And I also like what Royal Blue posted.

Again Dacon, I'm very happy for you and your revelation. Sometimes it takes God to tell us or to remind us about things we're already aware of and it's always so much more meaningful when the revelation comes from Him. And like Tony said, I too am here to continue in fellowship with you and other Believers.

But please remember: not answering questions or not responding to questions presented to you by atheists/agonostics/non-Believers DOES NOT make you weak or ignorant or uneducated in the Gospel. Those people are not interested in what you have to say, but merely attempt to start debate, dispute, chaos and confusion. And then they will use phrases like "asking simple questions" or "asking logical questions" or "simply having a discussion" to try to bait others into a response, suggesting that weakness or ignorance or blindness is the reason behind not answering. Remember what God has revealed to you and move accordingly.

Nice post Kendrick and very good advice. And I also like what Royal Blue posted.

Again Dacon, I'm very happy for you and your revelation. Sometimes it takes God to tell us or to remind us about things we're already aware of and it's always so much more meaningful when the revelation comes from Him. And like Tony said, I too am here to continue in fellowship with you and other Believers.

But please remember: not answering questions or not responding to questions presented to you by atheists/agonostics/non-Believers DOES NOT make you weak or ignorant or uneducated in the Gospel. Those people are not interested in what you have to say, but merely attempt to start debate, dispute, chaos and confusion. And then they will use phrases like "asking simple questions" or "asking logical questions" or "simply having a discussion" to try to bait others into a response, suggesting that weakness or ignorance or blindness is the reason behind not answering. Remember what God has revealed to you and move accordingly.

Uhh lionness, no need to "bait" anyone on a public forum. A person has free-will to post at his or her convenience.
Just know that when they do post anything, it's open to agreement and/or criticism.

If asking questions about certain verses in the bible seems to be causing confusion, one needs to look within himself or herself and ask why?

The sun doesn't revolve around the earth, diseases aren't caused or spread by evil spirits, the sun certainly didn't stop in midstream a few thousand years ago and it takes more than the male sperm to form a human fetus.
Neither causes me to be confused. I wonder why. It can't be "satan" whose causing me to believe that the sun doesn't revolve around the earth.

In this day and time, why should such statements be cause for confusion? Fact of the matter is, it shouldn't.

JayRob leave us be, you know as well as I do a simple Google search contains thousands of pausible answers to your sun stopping fetish,
bacteria fetish, etc etc I have read over 150 explainations for the questions you raise I advise you to go do the same, and if the thousands of people on the internet explainations do not satisfy you, contact them and argue it out.
You are not doing Real Reseacrch. It's called RE-Search to Search over/again every question you pose in this forum is answered thousands of
times all over the net

Again go to GOOGLE type your question in the little box and read read read read, I know you haven't that's why you type things like
"nobody can give me an explainantion" that's a lie I have found thousands of explainations for all your questions right on Google
and NO I will not post them here. Go do the work

Are you struggling with something, because most of the real hardcore non-believers in Christ I know wouldn't even "waste" their time debating.
Now I suggest you stop posting here and get to doing Real Research, remember read read read
and don't respond saying you have, there are scientist all over the world explaining all the stuff
the long day etc etc don't argue with me, argue with those scientist, your demi-gods of sorts.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JayRob leave us be, you know as well as I do a simple Google search contains thousands of pausible answers to your sun stopping fetish,
bacteria fetish, etc etc I have read over 150 explainations for the questions you raise I advise you to go do the same, and if the thousands of people on the internet explainations do not satisfy you, contact them and argue it out.
You are not doing Real Reseacrch. It's called RE-Search to Search over/again every question you pose in this forum is answered thousands of
times all over the net

Again go to GOOGLE type your question in the little box and read read read read, I know you haven't that's why you type things like
"nobody can give me an explainantion" that's a lie I have found thousands of explainations for all your questions right on Google
and NO I will not post them here. Go do the work

Are you struggling with something, because most of the real hardcore non-believers in Christ I know wouldn't even "waste" their time debating.
Now I suggest you stop posting here and get to doing Real Research, remember read read read
and don't respond saying you have, there are scientist all over the world explaining all the stuff
the long day etc etc don't argue with me, argue with those scientist, your demi-gods of sorts.

Leave "us" be? So you're speaking for everyone reading these posts? Why would you ask me to leave you be when I encounter folks like you everyday trying to convert me into believing the bible? LOL!!
To the degree that you speak on your subject, will be the degree I speak on mine.

One wonders why you won't post your supposed findings showing irrefutable evidence that the sun stopped? Why not I wonder?

And why would I need to do research to show that the sun doesn't revolve around the earth? I learned that back in elementary school. You did too.

Where are these cases that you've supposedly read showing evil spirits as being the cause of diseases? Call it a fetish or whatever, but not one person has dared step up to the plate and explain a few simple questions.

All you had to do was post valid info. If proven to be accurate, I would've ceased a long time ago asking these questions.

It amazes me that some give themselves the right to ask questions and to even criticize the non-religious or religious beliefs of those from other religions, yet are you not open to the same types of questions and criticisms? I beg to differ. You're open to questioning and being critiqued just like myself and others.

The bottomline is that it's quite obvious that the authors of the bible had no knowledge of real astronomy or real science. In your zeal to prove the bible to be true, you've abandoned the very rules of your own profession when it comes to providing evidence. You've done this for the sake of religion. One wonders how you're able to do this.

What scientist can show how evil spirits cause diseases? You claimed that there are thousands of researchers out there doing this? If there are, you'd have posted them a long time ago.
Fact of the matter is that as a professing scientist, you KNOW that no scientists can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that evil spirits are the cause of diseases.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: This message is only to those who believe in the one and only true God, the God who provided the Saviour (Jesus Christ).

Thank you Jesus, for it is You who reveal truth, not man.

Dacontinent, I agree 100% with your assessment and accept your apology. We, who are Christians, are only messengers and cannot force truth upon the natural man. Natural men hates truth, even the natural spirit within God’s elect “saved by grace†hates truth and is restrained only by the Holy Spirit within:

Galatians 5:17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

It is God and God Alone who provides the new heart which is the only means of receiving God’s Truth. If Christians go beyond stating Truth, he/she assumes they have power to reveal only that which God reveals, this causes others to openly dishonor and blaspheme the Holy God we claim to promote. As stated in Scripture, there is a time to accept our bruised pride and be humbled with our worldly/temporal defeat and leave some people ALONE; for this world is not where our true home resides. The Word of God states it better:

Matthew 7:6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matthew 15:12-14. Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? But he answered and said, every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Hosea 4:17 Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.

1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Christians will find no victory in this world, yet if it pleases God He will let us when some battles but for the most part, to the world we have a foolish concept of faith based not on what is seen but unseen; a belief in a Saviour who failed to save Himself. How can such foolish people be accepted by a world so rich in its wisdom, such is not a failing on our behalf ….such is how Our God purpose it to be:

1 Corinthians 1:27-29. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

So let us tell others about God’s truth and pray that it is God’s will to make it effectual. There are no methods, means, tricks or treats provided by man that is capable of changing the heart of a sinner, such is God’s will performed by His Spirit based on the work done by His Son. Unlike the general call (the simple act of preaching and teaching alone), the effectual call is done by the power of the Holy Spirit and is eventually made to all of God’s Elect:

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5. Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Good Day and God Bless

FYI: Our God is The God, He does not need us to defend Him through debates and arguments; He only ask that we proclaim Him to those willing to give an ear.

Excellent observation 96!

Luke 23:7 And as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem at that time.

8 And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.

9 Then he questioned with him in many words; but he(JESUS) answered him nothing.

10 And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him.

11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.

Disclaimer: This message is only to those who believe in the one and only true God, the God who provided the Saviour (Jesus Christ).

Thank you Jesus, for it is You who reveal truth, not man.

Dacontinent, I agree 100% with your assessment and accept your apology. We, who are Christians, are only messengers and cannot force truth upon the natural man. Natural men hates truth, even the natural spirit within God’s elect “saved by grace†hates truth and is restrained only by the Holy Spirit within:

Galatians 5:17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

It is God and God Alone who provides the new heart which is the only means of receiving God’s Truth. If Christians go beyond stating Truth, he/she assumes they have power to reveal only that which God reveals, this causes others to openly dishonor and blaspheme the Holy God we claim to promote. As stated in Scripture, there is a time to accept our bruised pride and be humbled with our worldly/temporal defeat and leave some people ALONE; for this world is not where our true home resides. The Word of God states it better:

Matthew 7:6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matthew 15:12-14. Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? But he answered and said, every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Hosea 4:17 Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.

1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Christians will find no victory in this world, yet if it pleases God He will let us when some battles but for the most part, to the world we have a foolish concept of faith based not on what is seen but unseen; a belief in a Saviour who failed to save Himself. How can such foolish people be accepted by a world so rich in its wisdom, such is not a failing on our behalf ….such is how Our God purpose it to be:

1 Corinthians 1:27-29. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

So let us tell others about God’s truth and pray that it is God’s will to make it effectual. There are no methods, means, tricks or treats provided by man that is capable of changing the heart of a sinner, such is God’s will performed by His Spirit based on the work done by His Son. Unlike the general call (the simple act of preaching and teaching alone), the effectual call is done by the power of the Holy Spirit and is eventually made to all of God’s Elect:

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5. Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Good Day and God Bless

FYI: Our God is The God, He does not need us to defend Him through debates and arguments; He only ask that we proclaim Him to those willing to give an ear.

Thank you for this post

I can post scriptures as well showing how Paul debated with non-believers. He was confident in his abilities so it wasn't a problem with him. According to the stories, he boldly took on ALL comers. He didn't set the example of running when the questions got tough. He stood there and attempted to answer them.

To quote one of the posters: "it's in the book". Paul wasn't a runner.

Acts 17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

22--Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, [Ye] men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

13:16. Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with [his] hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.

Bottomline is perhaps if your religious postings were mixed with evidence and not just posting of mere verses, there'd be reason enough for folks like me to take the bible seriously.

In the REAL world we live in, faith does not equate to evidence. Faith is more closely related to "feelings and emotions" of the mind, having nothing to do with evidence and verification.

Dac, you should also be apologizing for losing so many debates, but I still give you a passing grade for trying.:lol:

Dacon,

I never understood why you went this long with JayRob. Maybe once a year, I would pop in and read something but I never saw anything but one main theme: JayRob wanted answers. I am amazed by God everyday and as a scientist, I can truly say that the only thing a scientist really knows is that we know nothing. The more we learn or figure out, the more we learn about what we don't know. I love JayRob.. Didn't know his beliefs when I first met him but we all know that God is God...and no matter how dumb Jayrob thinks people were back then, they still had so many things right. Even today with million dollar equipment, we can't solve certain things or answer all questions. God is not through. God still lives and works. God still creates, modifies, eradicates, and destroys and if anyone ever thinks we will truly understand God, we are foolish. We understand that God is great and that is all we need to understand. I love the bible. No matter, how, when or where it was written, there is no greater book on earth. I can always turn to those dumb people who wrote it before we knew the world was round and be astounded by their gifts and how they get me though everything today. Life is a parable.

Now stop talking to JayRob. :lol:

Dacon,

I never understood why you went this long with JayRob. Maybe once a year, I would pop in and read something but I never saw anything but one main theme: JayRob wanted answers. I am amazed by God everyday and as a scientist, I can truly say that the only thing a scientist really knows is that we know nothing. The more we learn or figure out, the more we learn about what we don't know. I love JayRob.. Didn't know his beliefs when I first met him but we all know that God is God...and no matter how dumb Jayrob thinks people were back then, they still had so many things right. Even today with million dollar equipment, we can't solve certain things or answer all questions. God is not through. God still lives and works. God still creates, modifies, eradicates, and destroys and if anyone ever thinks we will truly understand God, we are foolish. We understand that God is great and that is all we need to understand. I love the bible. No matter, how, when or where it was written, there is no greater book on earth. I can always turn to those dumb people who wrote it before we knew the world was round and be astounded by their gifts and how they get me though everything today. Life is a parable.

Now stop talking to JayRob. :lol:

Very well spoken TP, well spoken indeed.

Back