Morris Brown College...is this the end?

Exactly... Where are the officials and ALUMNI..... Do they even care about this place......This is really:(

....Morris Brown situation is very bad and deeper than some of you may know about.

Its easy to sit here and say where is the AME, alumni, celebrities, politicians, etc., without knowing MBC's history with this SAME mess. You see this is not their first time being in a financial predicament like this. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time that alumni and everybody done had to bail the school out....folks tired. I'm sure the folks that bailed MBC outta the jam the last time are HURTING with seeing the state the school is in at this present time; but like I said these people tired man. Its taking time to get these "same" folks riled up again to donate or whatever; ya know, with the uncertainty of not knowing if they'll be wasting their money again; and turn around and the SAME isht happen again.

All I can say is just pray for this school and just hope that when they get out of this jam, their new administration (I hope they new) will have cleaned everything up that needs to be. Believe you me, they are trying, trying VERY hard to right this ship.

And good Post MH :tup:

"Snake"

....Morris Brown situation is very bad and deeper than some of you may know about.

Its easy to sit here and say where is the AME, alumni, celebrities, politicians, etc., without knowing MBC's history with this SAME mess. You see this is not their first time being in a financial predicament like this. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time that alumni and everybody done had to bail the school out....folks tired. I'm sure the folks that bailed MBC outta the jam the last time are HURTING with seeing the state the school is in at this present time; but like I said these people tired man. Its taking time to get these "same" folks riled up again to donate or whatever; ya know, with the uncertainty of not knowing if they'll be wasting their money again; and turn around and the SAME isht happen again.

All I can say is just pray for this school and just hope that when they get out of this jam, their new administration (I hope they new) will have cleaned everything up that needs to be. Believe you me, they are trying, trying VERY hard to right this ship.

And good Post MH :tup:

"Snake"

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't really sure.
I remember talking about this on SF's but wasn't sure if it was the entire school or just the band program. Or if I even had the right school...

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't really sure.
I remember talking about this on SF's but wasn't sure if it was the entire school or just the band program. Or if I even had the right school...

...yeah Casey.

That isht is deep. I think MBC alumni is slowwly coming out of the woodworks. They dont want to see their school close, so it leaves them know choice but to donate again. Its gone take a BUTT load of money to get things back right though; especially from an infrastructure POV. Mann you pass the school and you can notice how some of the dorms (twin towers) are falling apart; that was their main dorms. But anyway, I truly believe that they gone get back straight; may take a couple of years but its gone happen.

Them folks (alumni) truly love Morris Brown whether or not SP folks can tell.

And by the way, Happy New Year... WTH you been? lol! I'm gettin the "clanks" June 20th :lol:

"Snake"

And by the way, Happy New Year... WTH you been? lol! I'm gettin the "clanks" June 20th :lol:

"Snake"

WOW you set a date!!! Daymn...I heard once you set a date it's OVA!!!
LMAO (Yvette is going to kill me)!

I'm chilling...trying to stay warm. I tried to stir the pot on SF's...it's so LAME over there!! I told someone to "kill yoself", he replied with "you shouldn't say that. It's heartless and cold"!!!

:retard:
Maaannnn get that shyt out of here and for real, for real...go kill yoself RIGHT NOW!!

On SF's dawg!! smh:shame:

WOW you set a date!!! Daymn...I heard once you set a date it's OVA!!!
LMAO (Yvette is going to kill me)!

I'm chilling...trying to stay warm. I tried to stir the pot on SF's...it's so LAME over there!! I told someone to "kill yoself", he replied with "you shouldn't say that. It's heartless and cold"!!!

:retard:
Maaannnn get that shyt out of here and for real, for real...go kill yoself RIGHT NOW!!

On SF's dawg!! smh:shame:

I forgot about SFs.................... dayum that's a throwback for me! :smh:

:shame:

:shame: AND state officials?

Morris Brown is not a State school, so State officials would not have a vested interest in the matter.

I would hate to see MBC shut down completely, but as others have stated this mess was years in the making. It will take a monumental effort to bring the school back to where it was. I can agree with Snake since some of my Frat brothers and I donated money to MBC back when they first lost their accreditation ('03 if I recall correctly). Lord knows how many times I have seen folks get hit up for more funds since that time. When people donate to causes, they expect to see results.

From an HBCU graduate standpoint, I can understand the need to keep the school alive. From a trying-to-make-sure-my-own-house-is-in-order standpoint, I am having difficulty finding the gumption to donate to the same cause six years later when I honestly can't say that I have seen any real strides being made. Outside of the needed funding, I feel that the administration needs to make sure they have some strategic planning in place to regain accreditation, increase enrollment, and maintain the infrastructure of the institution. It does not appear that those issues have been adequately addressed or dealt with, at least not based on what have been presented to the masses. It hasn't even been a full year since Clayton County lost their SACS accreditation and they are scrambling to try to get it back. You haven't really even heard a peep from MBC lately about trying to regain theirs.

Just like Wilmer Hutchins ISD. Folks kept going in trying to fix the mess the crooks of our race caused down there and once they left. It was back to clowning. Now look what happened. It's gone and black folk are screaming for it back.

My question is how did this mess really happen? ANd if folks were in charge during the first 4 times a cry for help was needed-why were they allowed to keep a job? Or did they put up a pointless dress code like Paul Quinn in Dallas did? Paul Quinn did that dress code and enrollment dropped to the point that Bishop 5+1 got bought back.

Maybe closing might be the right option. What good is having kids there if they don't know if hte school will be open next week? Close pay off the bills and reopen.

Morris Brown is not a State school, so State officials would not have a vested interest in the matter.

I would hate to see MBC shut down completely, but as others have stated this mess was years in the making. It will take a monumental effort to bring the school back to where it was. I can agree with Snake since some of my Frat brothers and I donated money to MBC back when they first lost their accreditation ('03 if I recall correctly). Lord knows how many times I have seen folks get hit up for more funds since that time. When people donate to causes, they expect to see results.

From an HBCU graduate standpoint, I can understand the need to keep the school alive. From a trying-to-make-sure-my-own-house-is-in-order standpoint, I am having difficulty finding the gumption to donate to the same cause six years later when I honestly can't say that I have seen any real strides being made. Outside of the needed funding, I feel that the administration needs to make sure they have some strategic planning in place to regain accreditation, increase enrollment, and maintain the infrastructure of the institution. It does not appear that those issues have been adequately addressed or dealt with, at least not based on what have been presented to the masses. It hasn't even been a full year since Clayton County lost their SACS accreditation and they are scrambling to try to get it back. You haven't really even heard a peep from MBC lately about trying to regain theirs.

Morris Brown should join schools with CAU they have alot in common especially reputations in the AUC. I know because i attended CAU before coming to Southern and they are treated like a third wheel school in the AUC. This will be the best way CAU to expand its school and start the engineering department they wanted and plus morris brown is the same type of private school United Methodist. If cau did take over Morris Brown they would be the school to go to in the AUC they already the biggest in the AUC but they could be the all around Best School in the Auc.

Didn't Tom Joyner offer to buy the school? If so, Why didn't they sell???

....I had heard about that, didnt know it was true.

Heard that he wanted to change the name of the school to his (Tom Joyner University), if I understood correctly. Now you know aint nobodies alumni or whatever would support a move like that know matter the circumstances.

lol

"Snake"

Bubbling, bubbling brown sugar……. Cha cha boom dat boom dat boom dat boom , Cha cha boom dat boom dat boom dat boom. Man them brown sugars was something else.

Morris Brown To Reopen With Fiscal Crisis

Posted By: Bill Liss

ATLANTA -- For Morris Brown College, its crisis management to keep the doors open. It took $100,000 to get the water back on -- and serious negotiations to avert the foreclosure sale of Jordan Hall.

But can Acting President Stanley Pritchett keep the College from shutting down for the first time in 127 years.

"Is this university in serious financial trouble so much so that it could shut down?" asked 11Alive's Bill Liss.

"The university is in a crisis. The college has actually been in a crisis since it lost its accreditation in 2003. It's been huge past due balances; situations where you have bonds in default and services that have not been paid," Pritchett said.

"With the money you have in the bank right now, how long can this institution stay open and keep functioning-if it takes $350,000 a month to operate the college, do you have it?" asked Liss.

"No. I do not have it in the bank today but I can assure you that we are working to make it certain we have all of our obligations met," Pritchett replied.

A key, according to Pritchett, is getting $1.2 million in interim financing by the end of January.

"You have the plan," 11Alive's Liss said. "And you have the financial strategy in place, but what you don't have in place is the money behind it."

"Correct," Pritchett said.

"What will happen if you don't get that interim financing by the end of January?" Liss asked. "Will the college be in real serious trouble?"

"It truly will be a continuation of the crisis we are in without it, and the Morris Brown financial crisis could deepen," Pritchett said.

In February, the college faces a $214,000 additional water payment; $350,000 in monthly operating expenses and the continuing possibility of the foreclosure of Jordan Hall if no deal can be worked out. But Pritchett said he remains optimistic.

"We are in a day-to-day basis but what's so exciting and promising is that it has picked up momentum as I've said all along -- it's a movement," Pritchett said.

A movement that will take lots of cash to keep alive.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=125358&catid=3

Morris Brown should join schools with CAU they have alot in common especially reputations in the AUC. I know because i attended CAU before coming to Southern and they are treated like a third wheel school in the AUC. This will be the best way CAU to expand its school and start the engineering department they wanted and plus morris brown is the same type of private school United Methodist. If cau did take over Morris Brown they would be the school to go to in the AUC they already the biggest in the AUC but they could be the all around Best School in the Auc.

MBC is AME not UM.......

I wouldn't dissuade anybody. To each his own. Anybody who goes there HAS to already know the situation. If they want to still go, more power to them. And Morris Brown.

The school won't EVER recover if students won't attend.

are the young black kids who may not have (m)any other options worth saving?

I would say yes

MH,

You are scaring the shat out of me these days. You are making way too much sense. Who says association doesn't bring on assimilation? :lol: :emlaugh:

Man, some of these people are crazy as hell. :lol: :emlaugh:

Back