Morris Brown College Gets The Hope Scholarship Back

CEE DOG

Governor of the State of Georgia , The Honorable Sonny Purdue, has signed Senate Bill #480 which gives Morris Brown College the ability to offer the Hope Scholarship and the Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant to its eligible students. ?We are elated about this news because this is a tangible sign that ?hope? is more than alive, it is a reality; and this scholarship will enable the hundreds of students who want to attend Morris Brown, in the fall of 2008, to do so ? with financial aid,? said Dr. Stan Pritchett, acting president of Morris Brown College.

More than 100 alumni, members of the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, students and friends of Morris Brown College rallied at the State Capitol in Atlanta to witness the signing of the bill and to show their support for the beginning of the turn-around of this 127 year old institution that lost its accreditation in 2002. Senate Majority Leader Tommy Williams sponsored the legislation with assistance from Senators Valencia Seay, Vincent Fort, Horacena Tate and Kasim Reed. Support for the legislation also came from Georgia State Representatives Al Williams, Calvin Smyre, Wade Starr, House Majority Leader Jerry Keen, Bill Hembree from the House Education Committee, and others.

Governor Purdue recognized the contributions made to the state of Georgia by Morris Brown graduates and thanked Bishop William DeVeaux, presiding bishop, and the AME Church Sixth District, for keeping the doors of the institution open during this critical time in the history of Morris Brown. ?God gives everyone a second chance,? said Governor Purdue, ?and we must support this institution and the work they do for Georgia .?

http://www.gainformer.com/Files/Morris Brown College Gets Hope Back.htm

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Stan Pritchett is a great administrator. Was almost in line to be our Grand Polemarch (may still be before all is said and done).

man FUGG Morris Brown.... I aint fugg with them every since they tried to make me pay to park at their gym when I was going to the ATL Classic... talking about it was a "band fund".... I cussed the woman out and told her "Yall school aint even open how the hell you gone have a band fund when you aint had a band in 5 years"...... I sitll think their priorities are all fugged up.

man FUGG Morris Brown.... I aint fugg with them every since they tried to make me pay to park at their gym when I was going to the ATL Classic... talking about it was a "band fund".... I cussed the woman out and told her "Yall school aint even open how the hell you gone have a band fund when you aint had a band in 5 years"...... I sitll think their priorities are all fugged up.

You sound crazy. :lol: :emlaugh: They had every right to charge you and raise money from THEIR land.........Those people have to be creative and find revenue streams where ever they can get it.....

You sound crazy. :lol: :emlaugh: They had every right to charge you and raise money from THEIR land.........Those people have to be creative and find revenue streams where ever they can get it.....

If they would have had some type of educational use for the money then... I wouldnt have had a problem with it...... but to donate to a BAND fund when your SCHOOL has 14 people attending.... The last thing you should be thinking about is a band. It was about 20 people outside with band t shirts on charging folks to park at Morris Brown....

If they would have had some type of educational use for the money then... I wouldnt have had a problem with it...... but to donate to a BAND fund when your SCHOOL has 14 people attending.... The last thing you should be thinking about is a band. It was about 20 people outside with band t shirts on charging folks to park at Morris Brown....

You even sound more foolish. MBC has substantially more than "14" student going to their school so that makes you out of a liar. It is their choice to re-establish their band for if for anything else a recruiting tool. Are kids that chose to attend there not to have extra curricula activity? They have also re-opened a restaurant on campus to generate revenue though not as good as the former Scholars Restaurant. It is so sad that you feel the way you do. You really need to think about what you are saying......:xeye: :lol: :emlaugh:

http://www.morrisbrown.edu/

You even sound more foolish. MBC has substantially more than "14" student going to their school so that makes you out of a liar. It is their choice to re-establish their band for if for anything else a recruiting tool. Are kids that chose to attend there not to have extra curricula activity? They have also re-opened a restaurant on campus to generate revenue though not as good as the former Scholars Restaurant. It is so sad that you feel the way you do. You really need to think about what you are saying......:xeye: :lol: :emlaugh:

http://www.morrisbrown.edu/

Common lil Jrock I know there are more than 14 people at Morris Brown... there is nothing u can tell me about the school that I dont know.... I guess its the Clark Atlanta in me to talk ish about Morris Brown.... Trust dont take everything I say as "LITERAL".... but tell me this...how many students does Morris Brown have? If you drive through there on a weekday its about as dead as a cemetary, you wouldnt even know it is open. They actually have signs on campus saying "we are still open"

Common lil Jrock I know there are more than 14 people at Morris Brown... there is nothing u can tell me about the school that I dont know.... I guess its the Clark Atlanta in me to talk ish about Morris Brown.... Trust dont take everything I say as "LITERAL".... but tell me this...how many students does Morris Brown have? If you drive through there on a weekday its about as dead as a cemetary, you wouldnt even know it is open. They actually have signs on campus saying "we are still open"

In the spring they had just under 100. It is very difficult for them to recruit without accreditation. However, I don't knock people when they are down. They have every right to rise like the phonenix. It is my understanding that they will have over 100 high school student there this summer participating in upward bound and another program.

Those signs you are referring to have been up for at least 2 years. I'm quite sure their objective is to apprise people that they are still functioning and eradicate some of the misnomers.

Dahill......when first moving to Atlanta and learning about this black on black demagogue, I thought the AU humbug among the schools was so ignorant. These clowns actually had jokes to fit stereotypes to tell about one another. I'm surprised that you still foster some of it. BTW, I am positive that I can tell you "something" about the school that you don't know........Even if your name was Dr. Pritchard..... :lol: :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
These clowns actually had jokes to fit stereotypes to tell about one another.

The one that was more famous was Morehouse students write with pens, CAU students write with pencils, and Morris Brown students write with crayons.

But the reality of it was Morris Brown WAS the "hood" school out of the three. It was JUST LIKE a high school.... you could easily pick out a Morris Brown student out of the three just by the way they carried themselves. 3 of my roomates went to Morris Brown. The MO B folks use to fight left and right at Morris Brown every other night. You just didnt see those type of students at CAU or Morehouse. Most of those students were at Morris Brown for a one year vacation to Atlanta.

Yeah, MoBrown was always the odd-school out..... (which of these don't belong here) but that is why I was happy to see them with 1-AA football. It fit them and their student body. They were the more down-to-earth group who could appreciate good bands and sports. The few games I went to over there were nice and they didn't even have a good team. The worst football game I EVER attended was CAU homecoming. :lmao:

Yeah, MoBrown was always the odd-school out..... (which of these don't belong here) but that is why I was happy to see them with 1-AA football. It fit them and their student body. They were the more down-to-earth group who could appreciate good bands and sports. The few games I went to over there were nice and they didn't even have a good team. The worst football game I EVER attended was CAU homecoming. :lmao:

I went to a CAU and Miles game (the morning of the ATL Classic) and I swear it was CAU band, Miles band and 15 people there.

The one that was more famous was Morehouse students write with pens, CAU students write with pencils, and Morris Brown students write with crayons.

But the reality of it was Morris Brown WAS the "hood" school out of the three. It was JUST LIKE a high school.... you could easily pick out a Morris Brown student out of the three just by the way they carried themselves. 3 of my roomates went to Morris Brown. The MO B folks use to fight left and right at Morris Brown every other night. You just didnt see those type of students at CAU or Morehouse. Most of those students were at Morris Brown for a one year vacation to Atlanta.

lol.........The most memorable fight I can remember in the AU center was between CAU and Morehouse at a basketball game. :lol: :emlaugh: Sorry, got to disagree with you on this one. I could never see a radical difference in the students at CAU and Morris Brown. :lol: :emlaugh:

I do agree that all three of the schools were typecasted though. :lol: :emlaugh:

I was lucky enough to see MBC vs Grambling. I have got to admit, MBC band was better than Gram. In the football game, Gram had to come from behind to win it in the 4th quarter.

I also saw Texas Southern "bust up" in Atlanta with a 7-1 record. MBC sent them back to Houston with a loss........The year 2000.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/dat...n/texas_southern/yearly_results.php?year=2000

lol.........The most memorable fight I can remember in the AU center was between CAU and Morehouse at a basketball game. :lol: :emlaugh: Sorry, got to disagree with you on this one. I could never see a radical difference in the students at CAU and Morris Brown. :lol: :emlaugh:

you obviously havent spent enough time in the AUC if you cant tell the difference between a CAU student and a MBC student. Ive only been to one other HBCU with more ghetto students than MBC and that is Johnson C Smith in Charlotte.... CAU was high class (too high class for my liking)....it was an Ebony Fashion Fair walkway just going to class and most students came from familys with money. The TOTAL opposite at MBC. It was a warzone in front of the "towers" of Morris Brown every night. I use to drive the AUC shuttle bus while in college and it got to the point where I would skip that portion of my route.

you obviously havent spent enough time in the AUC if you cant tell the difference between a CAU student and a MBC student. Ive only been to one other HBCU with more ghetto students than MBC and that is Johnson C Smith in Charlotte.... CAU was high class (too high class for my liking)....it was an Ebony Fashion Fair walkway just going to class and most students came from familys with money. The TOTAL opposite at MBC. It was a warzone in front of the "towers" of Morris Brown every night. I use to drive the AUC shuttle bus while in college and it got to the point where I would skip that portion of my route.

Im sorry but i have to agree with you CAU students are way different then Morris Brown students. Going to CAU is like going to a damn fashion show and going to morris brown is like going to SUNO in new orleans.

I doubt very seriously you have spent more time in the AUC than I have or interacted as an adult with their students (if you haven't spent several years on these campuses, you are not in the ball park)......We will agree to disagree.

I was lucky enough to see MBC vs Grambling. I have got to admit, MBC band was better than Gram. In the football game, Gram had to come from behind to win it in the 4th quarter.

I also saw Texas Southern "bust up" in Atlanta with a 7-1 record. MBC sent them back to Houston with a loss........The year 2000.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/dat...n/texas_southern/yearly_results.php?year=2000

I was also at both of those games. For some reason, MoBrown use to get up for the SWAC schools. LOL
They should've whooped Gram (and I still remember that classless snicker by Gram's band announcer after she said with emphasis that Gram is a FULLY accredited school (in the midst of MoB accreditation fight). :smh::smh: :tdown:
The crowd booed the rest of the while Grams band was out there. LOL

as for the TxSou, MoB simply whooped them. LOL

Actually, whenever I wasnt going to an ASU game, I looked forward to going to those games at MoB. Great atmosphere. Even for high school games (I remember going to a sold out game with Doug and SWD. :tup::tup:
Too bad MoB wanted to charge big bucks to use Herndon Stadium, cause its perfect for the westside schools .....Washington, Doug, Mays

I was also at both of those games. For some reason, MoBrown use to get up for the SWAC schools. LOL
They should've whooped Gram (and I still remember that classless snicker by Gram's band announcer after she said with emphasis that Gram is a FULLY accredited school (in the midst of MoB accreditation fight). :smh::smh: :tdown:
The crowd booed the rest of the while Grams band was out there. LOL

as for the TxSou, MoB simply whooped them. LOL

Actually, whenever I wasnt going to an ASU game, I looked forward to going to those games at MoB. Great atmosphere. Even for high school games (I remember going to a sold out game with Doug and SWD. :tup::tup:
Too bad MoB wanted to charge big bucks to use Herndon Stadium, cause its perfect for the westside schools .....Washington, Doug, Mays

I saw them in a game against AAMU for their homecoming that was pretty good also. It was a great atmosphere. I was more interested when a SWAC school came to town. You are correct about the Gram game. Eugene went airborne on them and saved Gram. That is for TXSU, I was very disappointed. The thing I remember the most about the TXSU game was the way their QB got punished. You are correct for whatever reason they got sky high for SWAC schools.

They need to rent that stadium out for a fair price. Otherwise it is a waste. I know at one time they were renting it out to a soccer league. I'm not sure what they have been doing with it lately.

BTW, Gram was having accreditation issues and had just resolved their problems. I heard them make the same announcement at another game prior to playing MBC. Unfortunately, MBC hadn't resolved their problems and took that announcement the wrong way.

Back