More than $6 billion in Iraq reconstruction funds lost

I will never understand why people insist that our government should control every aspect of our lives when they can't control $6 billion taxpayer dollars.

You do realize all this happened under the Bush Administration and GOP led Congress?

You do realize all this happened under the Bush Administration and GOP led Congress?

That aint the point that I'm making. The point that I'm making is that $6 billion is missing under the watchful eye of our government. Do you know what $6 billion could have done for our HBCUs?

And the thing is that "THEY CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR IT" which means someone probably was 'leaking' it in Al-Qaeda or some of their officials just couldn't help themselves! All this points to the U.S. that they can't really trust those muslim nations that have so long been at war with the U.S. so I think we need to cut ties with them or make our dealing with them 'light' as possible :nod:!

That aint the point that I'm making. The point that I'm making is that $6 billion is missing under the watchful eye of our government. Do you know what $6 billion could have done for our HBCUs?

Stuff like this is typical under Republican Administrations. You remember during the Great Reagan regime the government was paying contractors $500 for hammers and $1000 for toilets? But I get your point. The money could have been used for something more beneficial. There is no way in the GOP would have allocated that money to HBCUs though.

Last edited:
And the thing is that "THEY CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR IT" which means someone probably was 'leaking' it in Al-Qaeda or some of their officials just couldn't help themselves! All this points to the U.S. that they can't really trust those muslim nations that have so long been at war with the U.S. so I think we need to cut ties with them or make our dealing with them 'light' as possible :nod:!

All that was purposely done. The Bush Administration stopped any and all investigations into that missing money. That was one of the benefits of allowing Iraq to go into chaos after Saddam. The Bush Administration started dumping money into Iraq knowing that it would get stolen by contractors and government officials. Like someone else said, the average American citizen is totally clueless.

On CNN they reported that it was in CASH in cargo planes. SIX BILLION DOLLARS in CASH . . .Hundred DOLLAR Bills. What happen to wire transfer to an account where you submit a bill and get paid which can be traceable?

It took Iraq this long to figure this out.

Iraq Accuses Corrupt U.S. Institutions Of Stealing $17 Billion

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq's parliament is chasing about $17 billion of Iraqi oil money it says was stolen after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion and has asked the United Nations for help to track it down.

The missing money was shipped to Iraq from the United States to help with reconstruction after the ouster of Saddam Hussein.

In a letter to the U.N. office in Baghdad last month, parliament's Integrity Committee asked for help to find and recover the oil money taken from the Development Fund of Iraq (DFI) in 2004 and lost in the chaos that followed the invasion.

"All indications are that the institutions of the United States of America committed financial corruption by stealing the money of the Iraqi people, which was allocated to develop Iraq, (and) that it was about $17 billion," said the letter sent to the U.N. with a 50-page report.

The committee called the disappearance of the money a "financial crime" but said U.N. Security Council resolutions prevent Iraq from making a claim against the United States.

"Our committee decided to send this issue to you ... to look into it and restore the stolen money," said the letter, a copy of which was obtained by Reuters.

U.N. officials were not immediately available for comment.

Source

In all honesty, we shouldn't be helping foreign countries financially when our stuff is screwed at home. I can't help my neighbor pay his/her bills when my bills aint paid, and aint nothin in savings. This is what Americans should be angry about; tell the next president to stop writing checks to foreign countries...

In all honesty, we shouldn't be helping foreign countries financially when our stuff is screwed at home. I can't help my neighbor pay his/her bills when my bills aint paid, and aint nothin in savings. This is what Americans should be angry about; tell the next president to stop writing checks to foreign countries...

In the guise of helping other nations, especially Middle Eastern nations, we're really stealing their natural resources from them. That's what the U.S. government (without citizen approval), has done in Africa for decades. The Middle East is just another chapter of the same book.

In the guise of helping other nations, especially Middle Eastern nations, we're really stealing their natural resources from them. That's what the U.S. government (without citizen approval), has done in Africa for decades. The Middle East is just another chapter of the same book.

Truth be told, we don't need they resources. We have enough water, oil, gas, metal and etc. to do as we please, so if our politicians would stop listening to the environmentalists, then we would go back to being "INDEPENDENT" and free of the world's trouble.

All that was purposely done. The Bush Administration stopped any and all investigations into that missing money. That was one of the benefits of allowing Iraq to go into chaos after Saddam. The Bush Administration started dumping money into Iraq knowing that it would get stolen by contractors and government officials. Like someone else said, the average American citizen is totally clueless.

(No pun intended) So your saying that they did this to trace the money to money launderers and etc.? See The Bush administration was a big "jungle" to me in that the policies was to cold war and also the policies they were making were also depriving the country of resources (mainly money) and they were constantly trying to get money through brazen, sometimes I think, maneuvers and it almost put this country in some serious debt!

(No pun intended) So your saying that they did this to trace the money to money launderers and etc.? See The Bush administration was a big "jungle" to me in that the policies was to cold war and also the policies they were making were also depriving the country of resources (mainly money) and they were constantly trying to get money through brazen, sometimes I think, maneuvers and it almost put this country in some serious debt!

No, they did it so that the money could not be traced. Why else would you transport Billions of dollars on Cargo Planes into a war zone? That makes no sense at all. They did not want that money to be tracked. If they would have transferred the money electronically, which makes more sense, then there would have been a paper trail. I'm pissed that I couldn't get a piece of the pie. I wish I would have been one of those contractors that came in contact with that money. I would have been rich.

That's what I used to say and that is that the Americans keep being a big brother to everybody else and they never send us big donations :noidea: and the thing is I "believe to my soul" that these other countries have been trying to "use" the U.S. and try to 'swing' some sort of favor from us to capitalize over us they are trying to gain access to some sort of information from us to perform some sort of illegal tactic on someone else! Some times the U.S. can be the 'big dope' if you ask me!

Back