Monthly Empowerment (ME) For August 2022

Big Thunder

Hello everyone, I pray that this (ME), finds you and yours doing well.

I first want to acknowledge our dear sister @96lioness who has set the standard for the Monthly Empowerments (ME).
I, by no means, am trying to lower her standard, but, I felt like now, this month, was a good time for a few reminders, via this ME.
Given that, in the following post I will share what is in my spirit.

Also, before getting into the ME for this month, as we are approaching the football season, join me as we lift our athletes,
coaches, fans, referees, and alma maters in our prayers. We pray for safety, on and off the field; traveling mercy and grace;
spirited but friendly rivalries and love for one another throughout the year.

Thank you for your prayers, and I hope you enjoy the ME for August.

Last edited:
When Jesus Steps In, Things Will Change
Sometimes in life, we encounter seemingly impossible situations. These are conditions and circumstances that are beyond our human ability to overcome. So overwhelmingly hard and difficult, that we feel we are in the midst of something that we just can't handle. That is the bad news. But the good news is, the Bible tells us about these types of situations, but it also tells us that when the Lord steps in, the miraculous can, and often does, happen.

Here is an example or two. Sarah felt that it was impossible to bear a child at her old age. But God, in Genesis 21, changed her situation. Another example is the children of Israel at the Red Sea (Exodus 14). Pharaoh's army was behind them; there were mountains on either side of them; the Red Sea was before them. But God, stepped into their impossible situation and performed a miracle at the Red Sea. The children of Israel crossed over the sea on dry ground...and you know (or can read) the rest.

Some may say that is well and good for "back then", but we are in the "here and now". Yes, that is true. In the here and now, we are dealing with so very much. There are wars and rumors of war; there is division; there is hatred; there is sickness, whether it is cancer, covid, monkey-pox or what have you. People are struggling with inflation and high prices, and numerous other seemingly impossible situations.

In the midst of all of this, here is a word from the Lord. In Luke 7 :11-15, we read about a woman who was not only a widow, but now, she has also lost her son.
===========================================================================================

Luke 7:11-15
New International Version​

Jesus Raises a Widow’s Son​

11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry.”
14 Then he went up and touched the bier they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, “Young man, I say to you, get up!” 15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.
===========================================================================================
Here are some takeaways.

1. Jesus "saw her"; in her moment of sadness, despair and her impossible situation, He "saw her". And because He saw her, we can take solace in the fact that, even with all that is going on with and around us, He sees us, too! (But God)

2. Jesus had compassion on her. He didn't just "see her"; He helped her; rescued her and blessed her in the midst of her impossible situation (But God).

3. Jesus spoke to her. He had a word for her in the middle of her distressful, impossible situation. "Weep Not". (But God)

After all was said and done, Jesus spoke to the coffin (the young man), and told him to "get up", and he did.

Just like He spoke a word into her situation, and her to her son, even now He can, and will, speak a word into our life's impossible situations.
It is my prayer that HE WILL speak a word into your situations and into your life.

Be encouraged, brothers and sisters, and Blessings to you all.

Blessed be to you all. I just wanted to share with fellow Believers my daughters will be Baptized next Sunday. This is an a milestone that we have been praying for. Didn't push the issue they went when they were ready. 🙏

Last edited:
Blessed be to you all. I just wanted to share with fellow Believers my daughters will be Baptized next Sunday. This is an a milestone that we have been praying for. Didn't push the issue they went when they were ready. 🙏
That is truly a blessing and great to hear. To God be the glory! It has to be in their own time and when they are ready for themselves. Hats off to you and your family for your wisdom, patience and faith to believe that God would bring it to pass. 🙌🏽🙏🏽

That is truly a blessing and great to hear. To God be the glory! It has to be in their own time and when they are ready for themselves. Hats off to you and your family for your wisdom, patience and faith to believe that God would bring it to pass. 🙌🏽🙏🏽
Thank you. Blessed to have a village (both sides of family) friends, and friends of friends that have been with us on this journey. Continued Blessings to you and yours.

Hello everyone, I pray that this (ME), finds you and yours doing well.

I first want to acknowledge our dear sister @96lioness who has set the standard for the Monthly Empowerments (ME).
I, by no means, am trying to lower her standard, but, I felt like now, this month, was a good time for a few reminders, via this ME.
Given that, in the following post I will share what is in my spirit.

Also, before getting into the ME for this month, as we are approaching the football season, join me as we lift our athletes,
coaches, fans, referees, and alma maters in our prayers. We pray for safety, on and off the field; traveling mercy and grace;
spirited but friendly rivalries and love for one another throughout the year.

Thank you for your prayers, and I hope you enjoy the ME for August.
I meant to touch and agree with this when I first read this last month. My sincere apologies....

Grateful that things are going well with each and everyone of you. Thankful for the safety that our institutions have been experiencing so far during this season.

-B.M.Ed.23

Back