Mens final

The guys may not be the best players in the conference, but we need to give Pettaway some credit for ensuring they get their degrees. They are not the best but you couldn't asked for a group of nice players on and off the court. Most coaches would have cut them from the squad, but I have to admire coach for staying with them.

You don't see corn rows or earrings on these players. And I don't know if that is because of the coach or the players.

1. This is basketball not a scholastic bowl. While it is very good they are graduating, they have an athletic obligation to the university which needs to be fullfilled. We need STUDENT/ATHLETES......7 of the players on our team were just STUDENTS.... with no athleticism at all.

nice players????? Thats our problem now we have too many nice FRIENDLY players on the court. I wouldnt want to go to war on the court with no nice friendly player.

2. Any SMART coach WOULD have cut they sorry arses from the team. Our 4 post players combined for 12 points Saturday. SMH and almost all of them were from the free throw line.

3. What does cornrows or earrings have to do with anything? Typical steriotype from our older generation. I have had both cornrows and still have earrings and it doesnt change the person I am on the inside. If cornrows make a person think they tough hell maybe we need to recruit all kids with cornrows and earrings. I am sure they aint scared to JUMP.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You mean to tell me that only 4K showed up for a final between Alabama State and Alabama A&M in Birmingham, Alabama.

Where's DAHILL? According to him, this matchup would be a sellout if it was on the moon.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
You mean to tell me that only 4K showed up for a final between Alabama State and Alabama A&M in Birmingham, Alabama.

Where's DAHILL? According to him, this matchup would be a sellout if it was on the moon.
\

LOL @ the moon.

:topic: Biloxi was boring to me. There was nothing to do if you didn?t gamble. Basically the only place to eat was at the buffet. No night life no where in site.

I enjoyed the tournament in Dallas. There were plenty of activities outside of the SWAC Tournament.

question.... what all do you want to do? Do you want to go to Six Flags, take a helicopter ride, visit a museum, go bowling? This is a SERIOUS question? I keep hearing there is nothing to do. What do you want to do?

Originally posted by JSU'99
I still think the SWAC should give Biloxi another chance

I was there Thur and Fri, left Sat morning to go back to Baton Rouge for an alumni meeting. Although the night life is limited we have 10 school with numerious alumni assoc, booster club etc that can sponsor parties/events. That Friday night I attended a funderaiser/reception hosted by MVSU. They were the only school to have anything. Been on their mailing list ever since. Btw, the AKA's were in town that weekend for their regional. :D

Originally posted by DAHILL
question.... what all do you want to do? Do you want to go to Six Flags, take a helicopter ride, visit a museum, go bowling? This is a SERIOUS question? I keep hearing there is nothing to do. What do you want to do?

Some of us are from the big city (LOL). As far as moving the tournament back to Biloxi, it would be nice to have a choice of restaurants, clubs, or a party to go to. How about mixing in a shopping mall or something.

At this point, I?m ready to take the tournament to New Orleans.

Congrats Bama St. on the win. Good game, and good season. Best of luckk with Duke. Represent.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back