Mens final

Olde Hornet

Good game so far - AAMU made a good run before half, but ASU was able to put some distant between them and the bulldogs.

Alabama A&M 22

Alabama St. 33

Half

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Olde Hornet
Yes, WVAS - the link is on ASU's web site.

They are also posted on the TSPN Scoreboard on the front page.

30.2 seconds left
59-56 ASU

Congratulations to the Alabama State University Hornets ? After I left the Acadome in disgust on Jan. 17, 2004 (ASU VS AAMU), I can?t believe they turned the season around.

Back to the NCAAs ----- Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Alabama A&M 58

Alabama St. 63

Originally posted by Fiyah
They are also posted on the TSPN Scoreboard on the front page.

The link on this site didn't work for me, by the time I went to the WVAS link, it was 2:00 left. Man oh man..........,

Congrats Hornets & Represent!!!!

Let me say this was a tight game. Good run 2004 bulldogs. Everytime ASU would build a lead, the bulldogs would come back to tie it up or come within 1 or 2. GREAT GAME!

Originally posted by Olde Hornet
Let me say this was a tight game. Good run 2004 bulldogs. Everytime ASU would build a lead, the bulldogs would come back to tie it up or come within 1 or 2. GREAT GAME!

Lot of folks blood pressure must be high after this years tourney.....,

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Congrats Bama St... the difference in the game was your big men. We couldnt get a rebound for nothing in the first half. I HOPE AND PRAY, we can find another coach who knows how to recruit more than guards. Obbie cant do it all by himself. Our big men are HORRIBLE. They wouldnt make all city NOW in high school in the city of Huntsville. Our tournament run didnt impress me because the teams we beat were sorry also. Expectation levels are LOW on the Hill now. Our fans use to be pissed off if we lost 5 games in a whole season.... funny thing some folks will be happy "just because we were in the championship" When you have a losing record in the worst basketball conference in the nation, CHANGE needs to be made.

I usually am sad on senior night because of the players we are losing.... I almost had tears of joy this year seeing them SORRY ASS post players leave after being here 3 or 4 years.

I hope if A.S.U makes it through the pay-in they'll put then in the west regional about fivr minutes from my house playing at America West Arena. You wouldnt catch dead in no black and gold but ill represent.

Originally posted by DAHILL
Congrats Bama St... the difference in the game was your big men. We couldnt get a rebound for nothing in the first half. I HOPE AND PRAY, we can find another coach who knows how to recruit more than guards. Obbie cant do it all by himself. Our big men are HORRIBLE. They wouldnt make all city NOW in high school in the city of Huntsville.
Are you sure you're talking about AAMU??? That part reads like you're talking about JSU.

And mad props to Bama State. Do us proud in the NCAA Tourney.

ONE TIME for them ASU HORNETS!
No matter what you wanna say.... we'll be in the thick of things competing and WINNING -- CHAMPIONSHIPS in every SWAC SPORT WE ENTER!

Alabama the Beautiful....
and just think... FOOTBALL IS RIGHT 'ROUND THE CORNER!

Time to hang another set for Championship banners in the Stingdome!

Originally posted by DAHILL
Congrats Bama St... the difference in the game was your big men. We couldnt get a rebound for nothing in the first half. I HOPE AND PRAY, we can find another coach who knows how to recruit more than guards. Obbie cant do it all by himself. Our big men are HORRIBLE. They wouldnt make all city NOW in high school in the city of Huntsville. Our tournament run didnt impress me because the teams we beat were sorry also. Expectation levels are LOW on the Hill now. Our fans use to be pissed off if we lost 5 games in a whole season.... funny thing some folks will be happy "just because we were in the championship" When you have a losing record in the worst basketball conference in the nation, CHANGE needs to be made.

I usually am sad on senior night because of the players we are losing.... I almost had tears of joy this year seeing them SORRY ASS post players leave after being here 3 or 4 years.
I hate to be the one to inform you but this is D1 basketball you are competing against not the SIAC. If you look at everybodys record over the last few years nobody in the conference has been a consistant winner. When was the last time there were more than 2 teams with a non-conference record above .500. When it comes to basketball all we really have to look forward to is competeing against each other. The rules in D2 are not as strict as D1 and the competition isn't nearly as tough. I remember when we were a powerhouse in the NAIA and didn't have to abide by the same rules as NCAA schools. We would have been able to do more than keep the score close against a lot of D1 schools if we could have got them on the schedule. The bottom line is that the NBA expansion, Kevin Garnett's and Kobe Byant's success have ruined college basketball. The talent level in college basketball is nowhere near what it was 15 years ago. A lot of the players who are now the elite players in your big programs would have been role players for their current teams or starters at your mid-major and SWAC & MEAC schools. I'm thrilled that we are SWAC champs but the most I am hoping for is that we win the play-in game and loose by no more than 20 points in the first round.

Originally posted by enswaclopedia
I hate to be the one to inform you but this is D1 basketball you are competing against not the SIAC. If you look at everybodys record over the last few years nobody in the conference has been a consistant winner. When was the last time there were more than 2 teams with a non-conference record above .500. When it comes to basketball all we really have to look forward to is competeing against each other. The rules in D2 are not as strict as D1 and the competition isn't nearly as tough. I remember when we were a powerhouse in the NAIA and didn't have to abide by the same rules as NCAA schools. We would have been able to do more than keep the score close against a lot of D1 schools if we could have got them on the schedule. The bottom line is that the NBA expansion, Kevin Garnett's and Kobe Byant's success have ruined college basketball. The talent level in college basketball is nowhere near what it was 15 years ago. A lot of the players who are now the elite players in your big programs would have been role players for their current teams or starters at your mid-major and SWAC & MEAC schools. I'm thrilled that we are SWAC champs but the most I am hoping for is that we win the play-in game and loose by no more than 20 points in the first round.

Good points and I agree. I was just talking about this even with my white co-workers who are all Big 10 grads and are wondering why their schools are not dominant as they used to be. The caliber of talent has declined from the top down. Starting withe the NBA. Nobody wants to get groomed in college anymore. They may play one or two years. Case in point. University of Minnesota basketball sucked this year, but they had the Big 10 Freshman of the year in Kris Humphries who spurned Duke to stay home. All he did was lead the Big 10 in scoring and rebounding as a true Fr. This white boy is nice, but no Kevin McHale but he aint coming back to school. He will be in NBA next year. Still learning about the game. Just think how good Georgia Tech would be if Chris Bosch was still there instead of Toronto. Or if Carmelo was at Syracuse and Lebron went to Ohio State or some Big time program. At least Melo lead his team to the Championship last year. Can't blame the kids just the system. It has finally caught up with the NBA and college basketball. Now the big schools are recruiting players who we used to get in the SWAC. Duke and NC are not the same programs they used to be. They still get good players but not like it used to be. Those schools would be 10 deep with HS All Americans.

I have been telling DaHill for years that AAMU's bball success was based on how they could recruit.

What was the attendance (official) for the tourney on each night?

Man I heard this game was off the chain!!!!!!

to anyone that was there, were there tones of AAMU/ASU fas there?

congrats Bama State.

Maybe next year AAMU.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
I have been telling DaHill for years that AAMU's bball success was based on how they could recruit.

This is what it is.... with the fast paced play we run, talented big men dont want to come to AAMU. I cant remember a year when AAMU didnt have a big time guard. High school guards love the way AAMU runs the full court play and the run and gun offense. Big men dont see how they would fit into it. Therefore we always have some good guards and sorry post men.

Originally posted by BandFan
Man I heard this game was off the chain!!!!!!

to anyone that was there, were there tones of AAMU/ASU fas there?

According to the SWAC 4,173

Congrats Bama.

Back