Memphian Kills Home Invader

N

NASTY_QUE_DAWG

They lived in the same Frayser neighborhood about a block from each other, a teenager with a troubled background and an elderly man who had owned his home for more than 30 years.

Their lives collided in a moment of violence Sunday.

Donnie M. Weathers, 63, told police he shot and killed 19-year-old Otis L. Yarbrough as the young man and an accomplice broke into his home at 2814 Northmeade.

Memphis police continued to search for the second suspect Monday.

According to police reports, this is what happened:

Weathers, 63, told police he was home alone and was attempting to take a nap at 1:20 p.m. when he heard someone trying to get into his house.

When he got up to check the noise, he saw two men entering through a door to his patio that had been locked. He said the two men were on the patio and were trying to enter his home through a sliding glass door.

He told officers one of the intruders appeared to have a gun.

Weathers fired several shots at the two men. The report did not indicate what kind of weapon Weathers used or when or where he got it.

Yarbrough was hit once in the head. The second suspect ran from the house. It is not known if he was injured.

Weathers called 911 and reported the burglary. When police arrived, Yarbrough was dead. Police would not say if they recovered a weapon that might have been carried by one of the intruders.

I FEEL AS IF THE MAN WAS RIGHT DEFENDING HIS HOME... I KNOW I WORK TO HARD FOR THE THINGS WE HAVE HERE IN MY HOUSE FOR SOMEBODY ELSE TO COME AND TAKE THEM......

THE SLAIN BOYS FAMILY LAWYER SAID THE ACT WAS TOO HARSH I THINKN NOT..... BREAKING IN IS NOT A GAME.... COME IN MY WINDOWS AND THEY WILL GET YOU WERE YOU ENTER.........

When you run around breaking in folks homes, you get what you get. The old man got the kid before the kid got him. It 's obvious they weren't there for a "friendly" visit, otherwise they would have knocked at the door.

The family is the typical of the mindset of many non-responsibility accepting people---it's not their fault! you shouldn't have shot him; that was too much force. Wonder what they would be feeling if their kid had shot the old man? Oh, I already know----it was a little misunderstanding. The gun "accidentally" went off.:(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wonder how close this is to where my father used to live.

Anyway, one should watch out when they try to break into someone's house.

NAH IF THEY QUIT STEALING AND BREAKING IN TO FOLKS STUFF THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO GET SHOT AND KILLED EVEN... THEN THEY HAD THE NERVES TO GO BACK AND SHOOT UP THE MANS HOUSE, THEN THE TRIED TO TORCH IT.... THIS PAST WEEKEND

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION !!!!

:D :D :D

Maggot got what he deserved !!!

Let some mofo's try and break in on me, you think Neo and trinity shot up some isht in the Matrix. I'll have the block looking like Beiruit !

RE BERUIT

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION !!!!

:D :D :D

Maggot got what he deserved !!!

Let some mofo's try and break in on me, you think Neo and trinity shot up some isht in the Matrix. I'll have the block looking like Beiruit !
YOU REALLY GONNA DO SOME DAMAGE.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I like this guy - you have the right to defend you property and your life! :) This is an area where I think the NRA falls short - they should train the elderly on how to shoot these arse holes that break in their homes.

I don't play the home invasion stuff.. the punks got what they deserved.. They should have been reading a book or on the SwacPage or something...

One less home invader.

The family's lawyer is an idiot. If the intruder had been successful, where would this scumbag bottom-feeding lawyer be?

what part of, "DO NOT BREAK INTO FOLKS HOUSE, if you do, you could get shot and/or killed." do these clowns :slap: not understand? :confused:

home owner in a landslide. :|

Punk asses got what they deserved. I only wish Pops had put a slug in the other one. If somebody bust off in here, im trying my best to send them to meet Lucifer. Pops deserves a Medal.

DA TRUTH

IF THE AS MY POPS BRANG DEH SELVES UP IN DIS HEEA HOUSE DAT I DON WORKED HARD TO FURNISH AND PROVIDE FA... THE GOT SOMTIN COMIN....

Originally posted by Dirty
I don't play the home invasion stuff.. the punks got what they deserved.. They should have been reading a book or on the SwacPage or something...

I feel ya on that one

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back