Meet the recruiting service that helped Jackson State win National Signing Day

Great for them! These services have existed forever. Bout time they took advantage of it. I don’t know who else is using these types of services but we all should be.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Bigs ups to that company for their tech. Recruiting services have been around forever which is what I was referring.

I still think Deion is the draw. All those teams who use this service aren't tops in recruiting in FBS

Easily it was the head coach

this was an odd year as not many places to sign for top recruits - especially the transfer market where you gotta sit if its FBS to FBS so Deion combined with an abundance of FBS guys available was a perfect marriage. Now if this was a traditional year where folks could take visits and there was no COVID-19 year in terms of holding scholarship slots it would be interesting to see how the data comes out.

strike while the iron is hot

Easily it was the head coach

this was an odd year as not many places to sign for top recruits - especially the transfer market where you gotta sit if its FBS to FBS so Deion combined with an abundance of FBS guys available was a perfect marriage. Now if this was a traditional year where folks could take visits and there was no COVID-19 year in terms of holding scholarship slots it would be interesting to see how the data comes out.

strike while the iron is hot

First you said it was the same thing Comegy, Barlow and others did as far as recruiting. Now you are changing your tune and blaming it on COVID saying it was an off year. You don’t know which way you want to hate, do you? LOL

combination of both. Everyone had access to better than average talent this year from both high school and FBS folks due to no kids being able to be evaluated in person and recruiting visits for them to see what they are signing up for. If you had an offer - you better take it for some kids. Deion's hire coincided with it and he took advantage. Don't think it was pure analytics as he was out there coaching and observing kids before he signed the contract so he might've had a better advantage seeing he was coaching his son's team and then watching South Carolina play for the other son so he was watching with more detail plus whatever contacts the coaching staff already had.

Comegy's first class of recruits was at a high level - he pulled two Ohio State guys and that Tennessee linebacker. Johnnie Cole recruited at a high level - probably better than Comegy in some aspects but a lot of his transfers didn't hit the field but the ones that did he won big like Comegy after the second year.

I would like to see that data at a place like Valley to see it really work over a 3-year period.

Ain't hating - its reality but he gets credit for doing so

I wish y'all would stop being a fool this has nothing to do with no Damn covid or analytics. JSU is getting this recruits because of PRIME.
This is not a tool to replace recruitment, it’s designed to assist the evaluation of talent. Of course Deion is the icing on the cake. Lets not confuse the two.

This is not a tool to replace recruitment, it’s designed to assist the evaluation of talent. Of course Deion is the icing on the cake. Lets not confuse the two.

True. Prime is the sizzle. The analytics into recruiting just helped the Prime Administration target better.

Why not use other methods to target recruits in future recruiting cycles?

Why not use other methods to target recruits in future recruiting cycles?
That's what Recruiting Analytics said they helped JSU do, too. The service has a database where they evaluate grade school athletes and project what collegiate level they might fit.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man Deion Sanders in the draw. Does anybody on the page actually believe that those recruits would attend JSU without Sanders. I don't care what type of technology they used....Deion is the draw.

That's what Recruiting Analytics said they helped JSU do, too. The service has a database where they evaluate grade school athletes and project what collegiate level they might fit.

That's what I want to see down the road. I want to see the effectiveness of the analytics in helping target high school athletes, and whether (insert coach here) can land those targeted recruits.

Man Deion Sanders in the draw. Does anybody on the page actually believe that those recruits would attend JSU without Sanders. I don't care what type of technology they used....Deion is the draw.
Well, nobody would discount Sanders' influence. But JSU wouldn't have used the service if they didn't believe it would help them in recruiting.

Last edited:
The service Won’t be proven commodity until several years down the road based on how the class plays out

But if it identifies multiple 0-star kid and he’s all-swac then it’s worth it. A 4 star or higher should have expectations

Deion Sanders adds co-offensive coordinator, two 4-star recruits to Jackson State team (footballscoop.com)

Jackson State’s per-play rating in the 247Sports composite — 87.79 — would put the Tigers near the fringe of the top 25 nationally, and it does not include the 10 transfers that have committed to Sanders’ Jackson State program.
I can feel the heat of Kendrick's and Kenn's anger towards all this breaking news. And they're on the outside looking in. Oh well........You all made your beds, so lie in them.

I can feel the heat of Kendrick's and Kenn's anger towards all this breaking news. And they're on the outside looking in. Oh well........You all made your beds, so lie in them.
A kid announcing on Twitter his commitment to the university (something that is readily available to the public) ... means we're on the outside looking in?

Back