Media Prejudice

on the real, I was wondering about ish like that too and it's reall f***ed up. Because this girl I knew from LSU was abducted and the story didn't get past New Orleans local news and the story came on at night too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think the third section of this article sums up the story of media prejudice. Race is involved, but the "social" also plays a role. Here in BR, with in the last few months there have been stories of women being abducted and killed. One was a black grad student at LSU, a white student at LSU and a white woman that runs an antique shop. All three cases received the same amount of media coverage. But, when cases of prositutes being killed happen, they make the news, but they don't continue to flood the news and paper with the follow-up.

While out in CA, I saw that CNN had a short blurb about Alexis Patterson which featured a few questions to her parents.

This was one of the questions to her father:

"Do you think that your past criminal history with drugs has anything to do with the lack of coverage for your daughter Alexis?"

He said that, that was "my past sin and has nothing to do with us wanting our daughter back, just as much as Elizabeth Smart's family wants her back. We also wish that Elizabeth is found just as much as we want our own daughter back. We want coverage on our child too."

Back