MEAC suspends Football spring season.

Of all the MEAC schools, SCSU has some good choices for a football conference home that is travel friendly. The south is about football. Their band culture would die in those conferences but I don't think they had a major "band" image or presence.

The MEAC conference is extremely close to being on life support. Unless 3 CIAA schools plan to move up, it’s only a matter of time.

NCCU is terrified! They do not want to move back to the division II ranks and will continue to work with the MEAC until the end. If the end comes, they will join the Big South and reunite with A&T.

SCSU is doing worst than many people know. Although joining the SWAC would actually help their pockets and press instantly, travel concerns hunt their old/past prime alumni.

Norfolk State is the most confused MEAC program and is allowing weak men, (who are just happy to be wearing suits and on a board), to join up with clueless women, (who never played in a women’s league every in life), get together and call one shot at a time. Do not be shocked if Norfolk decides to moves to Division II if the league folds. They are absolutely clueless to what’s best the school or conference. Being the new King & Queen of the MEAC is their main goal at this point. Norfolk is dreaming of collecting consecutive Celebration Bowl checks just like A&T did. However, A&T had better all around leadership.

Howard is in denial and thinks the SWAC is beneath them. They are going to hold on until they can’t hold anymore and join the Northeastern Conference if the MEAC folds. Howard, (who should no doubt be in the SWAC), will only join the SWAC is everything else fails! They will pull the “we are one” card in order for the SWAC to feel sorry for them and take them in. (Just like women’s soccer.)

Morgan State, is excited that FAMU, BCC, Hampton and HBCU Football Face NCA&T is out of the conference! They aren’t a bit concerned! MSU, (just as Norfolk), are looking at becoming the new face of the conference and want Celebration Bowl checks! They have brought in their best two classes in previous years, and look to reclaim some old football glory to their name. It’s an exciting time for Morgan State. They have no intention on leaving the conference unless it completely shuts down.

Delaware State is the well known tap dancer of the MEAC. They will hold on until it’s time to shine the Colonial Athletic Association’s shoes and wash their clothes for conference membership. Facts.

Last edited:

SCSU is doing worst than many people know. Although joining the SWAC would actually help their pockets and press instantly, travel concerns hunt their old/past prime alumni.

I wish people would stop this STATE to the SWAC. Any smart AD would put them in the SoCon or Big South ( if they do division) and or get an invited, or move down. I could see a STATE, ALLEN and Benedict rivalry.. SC has alot of football schools in both divisions. (Wofford Furman, North Greenville, Newberry, PC, Limestone,Charleston Southern, Citadel etc.. He'll go Independent... Moving to the SWAC is not a good move period.

Last edited:
Logistically, Howard going to the SWAC wouldn't be good.
The MEAC conference is extremely close to being on life support. Unless 3 CIAA schools plan to move up, it’s only a matter of time.

NCCU is terrified! They do not want to move back to the division II ranks and will continue to work with the MEAC until the end. If the end comes, they will join the Big South and reunite with A&T.

Norfolk State is the most confused MEAC program and is allowing weak men, (who are just happy to be wearing suits and on a board), to join up with clueless women, (who never played in a women’s league every in life), get together and call one shot at a time. Do not be shocked if Norfolk decides to moves to Division II if the league folds. They are absolutely clueless to what’s best the school or conference. Being the new King & Queen of the MEAC is their main goal at this point. Norfolk is dreaming of collecting consecutive Celebration Bowl checks just like A&T did. However, A&T had better all around leadership.

Howard is in denial and thinks the SWAC is beneath them. They are going to hold on until they can’t hold anymore and join the Northeastern Conference if the MEAC folds. Howard, (who should no doubt be in the SWAC), will only join the SWAC is everything else fails! They will pull the “we are one” card in order for the SWAC to feel sorry for them and take them in. (Just like women’s soccer.)

Morgan State, is excited that FAMU, BCC, Hampton and HBCU Football Face NCA&T is out of the conference! They aren’t a bit concerned! MSU, (just as Norfolk), are looking at becoming the new face of the conference and want Celebration Bowl checks! They have brought in their best two classes in previous years, and look to reclaim some old football glory to their name. It’s an exciting time for Morgan State. They have no intention on leaving the conference unless it completely shuts down.

Delaware State is the well known tap dancer of the MEAC. They will hold on until it’s time to shine the Colonial Athletic Association’s shoes and wash their clothes for conference membership. Facts. t

How is Howard and SCSU gonna play football? Their basketball teams have had major COVID issues all season. Now they are gonna figure out to play football. A team 5 to 6 times larger. Not buying it
Not sure what's going on with the b-ball team, other than I know they had a ton of covid issues but I do know football has some better guidelines to follow. The new coach doesn't play around.

Howard trying to come to the SWAC would be an extreme reach along with a few other MEAC schools who want to follow famu & bcu to the SWAC...like I said FAMU is the MEAC...has been since they left the SIAC to join that conference. It's almost over now unless they get some CIAA teams to join the MEAC.

South Carolina St. is in a reasonable distance to FAMU, Bethune-Cookman, Alabama St., and Alabama A&M only. They are over 600 miles from Jackson St., Alcorn, and Valley. They are over 700 miles to Southern, Grambling, and UAPB. And worst of all, they are over 1,000 miles from Prairie View and Texas Southern. FAMU was the only MEAC school that was in a close enough distance to not cause a strain to travel budgets. South Carolina St. must get their enrollment up and fast. South Carolina St. enrollment right now is less than Valley and UAPB at the moment.

If the MEAC stays together...........why not add a SWAC team or two to their rotation each year or every other year to make up the loss of teams in the MEAC.

I actually wouldnt be surprised to see SCState added to the SWAC. I think a lot still rests on when or IF TNState ever comes knocking. HOward makes no sense and they don't care about sports, have no fans and their band does not practice.

,...and this fool talkin about call and thank SCAREDcorn.. smh

Delaware State is the well known tap dancer of the MEAC. They will hold on until it’s time to shine the Colonial Athletic Association’s shoes and wash their clothes for conference membership. Facts.
Excellent analogy

Not sure what's going on with the b-ball team, other than I know they had a ton of covid issues but I do know football has some better guidelines to follow. The new coach doesn't play around.

So your telling me the same university has different COVID 19 protocols depending on the sport?

If the MEAC stays together...........why not add a SWAC team or two to their rotation each year or every other year to make up the loss of teams in the MEAC.

I actually kind of like this. This is what the OVC allowed TSU to do for years. Let the 2-3 SWAC games they play count as conference games AND it allows them to remain eligible for their precious FCS playoffs.

(By the way Valley already has a home game with NCCU in the fall)

So your telling me the same university has different COVID 19 protocols depending on the sport?
Na, I'm just saying what I know about the football team. I just know how they've operated since being back in D.C. Not sure why it's rampant on the bball team vs. football. I would think the protocols would be the same but who knows.

Last edited:

I actually kind of like this. This is what the OVC allowed TSU to do for years. Let the 2-3 SWAC games they play count as conference games AND it allows them to remain eligible for their precious FCS playoffs.

(By the way Valley already has a home game with NCCU in the fall)
Yep. let's say Howard plays a SWAC team in a season and then let's say another SWAC team goes to DC in the same year or however. Would be really good. Do you guys go to NCCU next year?

North Carolina Central has been a big downfall. I know one thing though. are looking at a 5-6 record with that schedule. There is no game on that schedule that I see them winning by more than 10 points and if they come to Itta Bena with that big head they might get beat. If Valley showed any kind of offense when they played Bethune-Cookman last year they would have won.

I actually wouldnt be surprised to see SCState added to the SWAC. I think a lot still rests on when or IF TNState ever comes knocking. HOward makes no sense and they don't care about sports, have no fans and their band does not practice.

,...and this fool talkin about call and thank SCAREDcorn.. smh

I think the only way to consider SCST is if TNST makes the move. Otherwise, I would stay as-is. I could take it or leave it. I'll put the onus on those two programs and the commissioner.....LOL

Meac is in bad shape I’m sure we all know that but in today’s climate with Covid 19 killing budgets etc. what can these hand full of teams do now that 3 schools are leaving the conference ? I see most of the remaining teams looking at closer conferences that can bring financial benefits. Although the swac could help all these schools I can see swac commissioner coming in and saving the day with some sort of north and south division where teams don’t play everybody kinda like the sec. play your side plus 2 on the other side. For example if South Carolina State play both schools from Texas in a given year then they will fly to one and the other fly to them same thing A &M and Bama state does to the Texas schools each year.

Meac is in bad shape I’m sure we all know that but in today’s climate with Covid 19 killing budgets etc. what can these hand full of teams do now that 3 schools are leaving the conference ? I see most of the remaining teams looking at closer conferences that can bring financial benefits. Although the swac could help all these schools I can see swac commissioner coming in and saving the day with some sort of north and south division where teams don’t play everybody kinda like the sec. play your side plus 2 on the other side. For example if South Carolina State play both schools from Texas in a given year then they will fly to one and the other fly to them same thing A &M and Bama state does to the Texas schools each year.
I love that idea man

Add in TSU and SCSU and you have the new...SHAC conference...(you first heard it here..lol) Southern Heritage Athletic Conference. SCSU to the SHAC east and TSU to the SHAC west.. I'll just take 1mill

Back