MEAC issues statement regarding comments made by Jackson State coach Deion Sanders

Doesn't make any sense...Remember that Football isn't the only sport that has to be played.

The SHEEP don't get that.

How does that work in basketball???? One huge HBCU conference means only ONE HBCU from a HBCU conference in the NCAA tourney.
Guess who is in that play in game for life? Because the power of the conference will never justify not being in that play in game.
Lets look at the records (before Covid) in 2019 for Men's
SWAC had 4 teams with winning records.
Meac had 2 and won more OOC games 21 to 12 (Swac)

How does that benefit other sports? It does not. It just offers more excuses to exclude our teams in other tourney.

Also how does traveling work with that? Does PV really want to go to Washington DC to play Howard?

It's no logical sense to his comments.

Because he only sees FOOTBALL.

A case could be made for Football because no HBCU will ever play for that National Title. However we need to look at ALL sports.

It's not going to work for basketball. It won't work for say Track and field-sports where SWAC & MEAC do win at. It just makes it easier to exclude us.

Because he only sees FOOTBALL.

A case could be made for Football because no HBCU will ever play for that National Title. However we need to look at ALL sports.

It's not going to work for basketball. It won't work for say Track and field-sports where SWAC & MEAC do win at. It just makes it easier to exclude us.

With the NCAA drama I think that's what he's pushing for. A complete separation and try to get all HBCUs in a league regardless of Divison level. Now that would be interesting but again , non football sports would be the conversation

All the good parts of the MEAC are gone. We don't want the leftovers
Trust me nobody currently in the MEAC wants to travel to some the locations in the SWAC on a regular basis. I’m dreading making this trip vs MVSU as it is.

Back