McNeese State vs Southern Game Thread: 6:00pm CT

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What was the exploited weakness? SU QB1? smh

No way SU should have lost fhis game smh.
I totally agree…I was there and we dominated the first half. We act like that was it. Play calling killed us in certain instances… the 4th and 3 pass that we should have run and the lateral in the second half sholud NOT have been called. It put Skelton or whomever would have been in there in a bad spot. SMH🙄

They won’t with Skelton starting. Time to let McDaniel run the offense
Tonight should be Skelton's last start at QB. Move him to safety or running back where he belongs as he has shown "zero" improvement in the passing game and decision making from last year. Turnovers are his specialty and that is unacceptable for a senior quarterback. He simply is not a "Championship" caliber QB.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tonight should be Skelton's last start at QB. Move him to safety or running back where he belongs as he has shown "zero" improvement in the passing game and decision making from last year. Turnovers are his specialty and that is unacceptable for a senior quarterback. He simply is not a "Championship" caliber QB.
He was hit during that int. Didn’t realize until I watched the replay on WAFB. Skelton played a great first half. We got to pass happy to start the 2nd half. We kept getting behind the chains being fancy, instead of taking the 4-5 we were getting every first down running.

Last edited:
He was hit during that int. Didn’t realize until I watched the replay on WAFB. Skelton played a great first half. We got to pass happy to start the 2nd half. We kept getting behind the chains being fancy, instead of taking the 4-5 we were getting every first down .
Exactly this!

p

We keep trying to make Skelton into a pocket passer.......he is not a pocket passer and is unproductive and uncomfortable in that role. Go to Bubba McDaniel and let's ride it out or it will be 4 seasons of no championship under Skelton. And it's not Skelton's fault - he is what he is a running back in the QB position.

We keep trying to make Skelton into a pocket passer.......he is not a pocket passer and is unproductive and uncomfortable in that role. Go to Bubba McDaniel and let's ride it out or it will be 4 seasons of no championship under Skelton. And it's not Skelton's fault - he is what he is a running back in the QB position.
Skelton has improved tremendously throwing the ball. You saw it the first half. The kid was hit while throwing, the int wasn’t his fault. We come out and establish the run and stick with it, we win going away.

Back