Mass Shootings

Why is it that each time a Mass Shooting happens we like to compare it to Black on Black crime?

I think the more important question is, why are you all as black men caring more about what white folks are doing than what's happening in your own communities? I stated my point, I don't care about what these white folks are doing. The issues with MY people is, my people. That should be pretty easy to understand. Most of you choose to ignore it and act like it's not a big deal. Most of you don't get up in arms and protest...but then again most of you don't have to deal with it so you don't care. Ya'll will make 90 posts about what these white folks are doing on here but won't make one post about the absurd amount of black people being killed on a daily. Shit doesn't make sense to me. I said clearly in my post, if you're black you should be complaining about BOTH. What's hard to comprehend about that? This shit here is not the biggest threat to our own and we all know it but hey, we can just keep ignoring what's going on in our neighborhood and wait for the next white dude to do some shit so we can be concerned. Logic just doesn't let me think that way. A comment was made that this is the biggest threat to black people and reality is, it isnt.

Pretty much every stat disagrees with you chief. Even with the mass shootings we make up roughly 12-13% of the population but still have more gun related murders than every other race in the country combined. No one likes facts when it comes to this type of thing though which is why I barely bother commenting.

male_homicides_1980_2015.png

Like I said, it is nowhere NEAR more likely that one of us is killed by a white man than it is one of our own. It's not something any of us like to admit but denying it to be truth is silly. You grew up in Bankhead, you already know this anyways. It's like my hometown. LaGrange NEVER EVER had an issue with murders. And it's as country as country gets when it comes to conservative white people. It wasn't until a few dudes got locked up in a federal prison and became members of the gangsta disciples, got released, and went back to LaGrange that murder became a problem. Now look at LaGrange. Murders, drive by's, robberies... it only took TWO dudes to bring that stuff to LaGrange and it's destroying the city. The housing projects had been there since before I was born and my folks grew up there. Even in the projects, you could count on your hand in years how many people were killed. Now, they're on the news just as much as Atlanta is for murders and shootings. Last year, a gang related drive by 4 houses up from my aunt's crib resulted in a murder in a neighborhood that i'd gone and played in all my life and you never even heard a gunshot.

Am I saying trump followers aren't a problem? Nah, i'm not. But currently, those dudes are still not our biggest threat. Again chief, we only make up 12-13% of the population and we have more murders than every other race combined in the US. You simply can't minimize that fact. These mass shootings are bullshit, but let's look at reality. The mass shootings were bullshit, but last weekend there were also 7 people killed in the Chi, another 52 shot. There were 32 separate shootings over the weekend. At a block party, 3 cars pull up and people hop out and start just unloading on the crowd no fucks given. Out of 297 people shot there this year, 278 of them are black. Of these shootings, the police have less than a 10% clearance rate because no one will say anything. This may not be more important than these white dudes to some of you but it is to me because MY family is there. My folks are scared to even continue having the family reunion there because of this shit.

It's the same deal in Detroit, Atlanta, Flint, Miami, New Orleans, Houston, Kansas City, Memphis, Jackson, Newark, Compton, Birmingham, Baltimore, and many more cities. ALL of this shit is a problem... not just the white ones. And again, it's because guns in the US are as easy to get as a value meal at McDonalds. I can't speak for anyone else, but the friends and family that i've lost it's been as a result of people that look like me taking looking to take advantage of their own. So that's what I relate to.

Even right here in my city, the murders that happen and go unsolved that no one cares about, what seems common about this picture?

View attachment 7698

Maybe if you dig into these statistics and ask why, you'll find that crime in certain communities in the city and these extremists are two sides of the same coin.

If you sample a middle class black neighborhood in the city or suburbs will the murder rate be the same as a depressed inner city neighborhood?

So, could it be that if the gov created policies that lead to any particular group of people to live in an impoverished area, pull resources away, and flood the area with all sorts of contraband you'll always get the same results?

And, on the flipside, you train folks to hate the type folks who live in these communities...all the while making it easier to buy and sale weapons.

If you all want to bitch about shootings....look at the narrative.

When whites boys commit these crimes the first thing the media focuses on is their mental health. Black kids do a drive by and they are thugs. When gangs do drive bys they are trying to shoot specific gang rivals and more time la than not innocent people get killed.

Mass shootings...they trying to kill any human that moves.

And just to further my point, why is there no topic about the 4 sistas that were shot at CAU yesterday? Aint a big deal I guess.

Maybe if you dig into these statistics and ask why, you'll find that crime in certain communities in the city and these extremists are two sides of the same coin.

If you sample a middle class black neighborhood in the city or suburbs will the murder rate be the same as a depressed inner city neighborhood?

So, could it be that if the gov created policies that lead to any particular group of people to live in an impoverished area, pull resources away, and flood the area with all sorts of contraband you'll always get the same results?

And, on the flipside, you train folks to hate the type folks who live in these communities...all the while making it easier to buy and sale weapons.

Actually since you mentioned it, it's not just poor inner city black neighborhoods. Ever hear of PG County outside of DC? Most are being too quick to respond to even get the point I was making. I've said 4 different times, it isn't an either or debate. It's a BOTH debate. I'm not even going to bother with the government stuff because government policies are not forcing anyone to pick up a gun, rob, kill, steal or be a mass shooter. Mass shooters do what they do because of hate for something and the majority of black folks that do it do it because of drugs, money or domestic issues. Pretty much all of us came from poverty at some point in this country but the vast majority of us simply choose not to sell dope and rob. PG County is in the burbs and has black folk living in million dollar homes but the crime is still disgusting. It's like, when it comes to white people we want to say they're just fucked up. But when it comes to us, it's the white folks fault too. I have a cousin RIGHT NOW down there in LaGrange that grew up in the burbs, nice house, both parents. Good grades, but decided at some point that it would be cool to join a gang as a grown ass man. This man had a job, a family and a home and is now sitting in the feds for participating in a triple murder. That was a choice.

There majority of people in those same inner city neighborhoods get up and go to work everyday. It may not be a great job, they may not even have a car. But come 7am they are at the bus stop heading to work. We all have choices, but the allure of easy and fast money simply is more alluring to many than going to work. My family was raised in Cabrini Green...IJS. If I care more about the people that look like me that I see dying, then I have to address that issue. And this, is the major reason as to why that is happening. It's like when the murder rate spiked in ATL and Houston after Katrina. I could tell you exactly why it happened. So could CEE.

Last edited:
First of all, sorry about your cousin.

What you're saying makes sense on the surface but I'm just saying there are deep rooted issues that are allowed to persist...and just leaving up to individuals to make good choices isn't going to fix the problem. Because, as you know, folks are gonna do dumb stuff.

For example, the black homicide rate was higher in 1950 than it was in 2015 (see chart below). So, this stuff has carried over from generation to generation. They say they tracked this way back to 1914...when they first had data. IMO, this not only has to do with the choices we make, but also the options that are being presented to us.

Not crime related, but here's a guy who was presented an option to supposedly make money on his farm. He ended up getting screwed out of his retirement money and farm.
How a top chicken company cut off black farmers, one by one
But I guess he made a bad choice so it's his fault.

One thing that's interesting is that when the poverty rate decreased for blacks, so did the homicide rate...at least in 1968 and 2016.
Homicide rate in 1970 - 82/100k. In 2015 around 42/100k per your chart
Poverty rate in 1968 - 35%. Poverty rate in 2016 - 22%.

1566605770126.png

1566605835170.png

There is no way around it. The masses of us have the mind of our enemy, on various levels, and the choices we make are the choices our enemy would make. The mindset does not change unless there is some type of stimulus applied to it. Non of the mass shooters or gang bangers just woke up out of the blue one morning and said I'm going to kill today.
The longer we stay around our enemy, the more we become like him. Europe was born out of mass murder and gang warfare.

Back