Mason ready for challenges at Southern U.

Philly Jag

JSU's Mason Ready for Challenges at Southern
by Pearl Stewart , May 17, 2010

A stream of criticism has followed Jackson State University President Ronald Mason since his controversial “unificationâ€￾ proposal for merging three of Mississippi’s HBCUs was leaked to the media last winter. And now Mason is on his way to Louisiana.

To many observers in Mississippi, the timing of Mason’s hiring as president of the five-campus Southern University System seems impeccable.

http://diverseeducation.com/article/13802/jsu-s-mason-ready-for-challenges-at-southern.html

Mason had members of the Southern University administration here on our campus today. They were taking notes, oooing and ahhhing, so i'm sure some improvements are on the way Jags. :)

Mason had members of the Southern University administration here on our campus today. They were taking notes, oooing and ahhhing, so i'm sure some improvements are on the way Jags. :)

I thought I read something about that trip. That was today? Was it a large contingency? Not to throw shade toward Mason's JSU accomplishments or SU's board - but shouldn't they have done that before hiring the guy? Just saying.

I wish Mason well. I like the comments Dr. Kofi presented in the story. Nothing like Black folk working on all cylinders. :tup:

lol. That's what was going through my mind. .. What's the point in visiting JSU? They were taking notes tho and asking questions. lol. Then it made sense. There were about 20 SUers.

I thought I read something about that trip. That was today? Was it a large contingency? Not to throw shade toward Mason's JSU accomplishments or SU's board - but shouldn't they have done that before hiring the guy? Just saying.

I wish Mason well. I like the comments Dr. Kofi presented in the story. Nothing like Black folk working on all cylinders. :tup:

He was given the hit list prior to arriving on campus.

Back