Mary J and Jamie Fox

Just purchased both CDs today at Wal-Mart for $9.72.
I'll have to listen to the CDs more to be able to tell you if I think it's good or not. So far, I'm not feeling either one, but I guess it's too soon to tell.

I heard Jamie Foxx on yesterday it was AWESOME.........
Havent' heard the Mary J one yet

I'm listening now for the first time...next in the Rotation is Mary J. Blige and Anthony Hamilton...I hope to have listened to the entire rotation by the end of this "work" day! :D

J4J said:
I'm listening now for the first time...next in the Rotation is Mary J. Blige and Anthony Hamilton...I hope to have listened to the entire rotation by the end of this "work" day! :D
I wasn't feeling the new Anthony Hamilton. I guess that why we haven't heard much about it.

jelli said:
I wasn't feeling the new Anthony Hamilton. I guess that why we haven't heard much about it.

I have it but it has not come up in the rotation yet especially since I keep hitting repeat on UNPREDITABLE! :D

I have Jamie's CD and it's just OK...too much sex talk for me. Even though I love sex, sometimes I wanna hear a real love song, for a change.

I do love the re-make of Chaka Khan's song that he and Mary J did together, though.

Overall, I give the CD a 3 out of 5 stars...Jamie is very talented, I just think his writing could have been better.

Warndalyn said:
I have Jamie's CD and it's just OK...too much sex talk for me. Even though I love sex, sometimes I wanna hear a real love song, for a change.

I do love the re-make of Chaka Khan's song that he and Mary J did together, though.

Overall, I give the CD a 3 out of 5 stars...Jamie is very talented, I just think his writing could have been better.
Thanks Warndalyn for the review. I still may go get it today to give him some sales.

jelli said:

I just received Hamilton's new CD yesterday. I like Can't let Go thus far. I need to listen to the entire CD again to really determine how I feel about it.

Mary J was on The View this morning.

Yeah the MJB is good. She's pretty as heyal on the cover.

So many people went out and got Foxx's CD that I don't know if I really want it anymore. Based on the songs I heard, I can wait a while till all the fuss settles.

Warndalyn said:

All of the above is true. As I skipped to the next song on a couple........I kept saying to myself, "Dayum, this one about sex too!":read:

I've never been a big MJB fan to begin with... even though I have to admit some of her past CDs were solid... this one is good... just not up on the level of earlier work...

From what I have been hearing about Jamie's CD, looks like he will be giving MJG and Biggie a run for thier money this week as far as sales...

MJB's voice is stronger than ever on this album. People like to say she'll never compare to her early work, but let me tell ya, this ain't no dayum "Love & Life" or "No More Drama"(which was actually good). This album is the TRUTH.

I finally got Jamie's album. It could've (and should've) been so much better. It's not bad but it's too dayum commercial-sounding. For some reason I don't think it reflected what he's truly about (and I think he knows it). It does have a few gems on it though. (VIP, Heaven)

Back