Martin Luther King Jr.’s youngest son Dexter has died at age 62

bernard

THEE Realist
(CNN) — Dexter Scott King, the youngest son of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., has died, according to statements from his family and the King Center.

The King Center confirmed in a statement the 62-year-old civil rights activist died Monday after a battle with prostate cancer.

The third child of Dr. and Mrs. Coretta Scott King was married to Leah Weber King since 2013.

Weber King said in a statement from the King Center, “He transitioned peacefully in his sleep at home with me in Malibu.” She added, “He gave it everything and battled this terrible disease until the end. As with all the challenges in his life, he faced this hurdle with bravery and might.”

(CNN) — Dexter Scott King, the youngest son of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., has died, according to statements from his family and the King Center.

The King Center confirmed in a statement the 62-year-old civil rights activist died Monday after a battle with prostate cancer.

The third child of Dr. and Mrs. Coretta Scott King was married to Leah Weber King since 2013.

Weber King said in a statement from the King Center, “He transitioned peacefully in his sleep at home with me in Malibu.” She added, “He gave it everything and battled this terrible disease until the end. As with all the challenges in his life, he faced this hurdle with bravery and might.”

WOW!

RIP Brother King!

Men get your annual check-ups done, and pay attention to your prostate health. Even if you get a glowing report, get a second opinion. Go to a place like Quest Diagnostics and have them do a PSA Test for that second opinion. DO NOT solely rely on your doctor to get it right. They make mistakes too! Keep track of your PSA count and be aware if it begins to elevate.

I can not be more clear to you black men than I am. Be careful with white doctors when it comes to health tendencies associated with being black.

Last edited:
Praying Rest In Peace GIF by INTO ACTION

Back