Man, BIG Props to the Southern Digest!!!

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
You are to be commended for the great job you did in covering the first day of the SWAC tournament. Your news operation did a better job of covering the event than....you know what? Let keep this thread positive!

Keep up the great work! I hope we can see more like it during day 2!!!

Hey Jags,

These are students reporting right?

Click here to check out the coverage

Kenn:
I was thinking the same thing. I get email updates from the Digest and yesterday I got 4 emails (one following each game)

And yes... these are students

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now this is some good work!!!!

These stories are well-written: excellent quotes and strong verbs!! :tup:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks For Your Support!!!

Thank you all for reading The DIGEST and for your support, especially for our coverage of the 2004 SWAC Tourney. The sports staff had decided that we were going to update not only the Jags' games, but the whole tourney and it was a great success.
All commendation should go to reporters Brandi Worley and Carlos Perry, along with photographers Ryan Knight and Doug Toussaint. No other team could have done a better job. They hung in there and hustled (in some cases out-hustled) with the other media outlets there.
Although we don't have a paper until March 23, you can see more of Brandi's and Carlos' writing and other sports news if you continue to check out The DIGEST online. We are also working on a magnificent slide show of the SWAC Tourney. Ryan and Doug have taken some outstanding photos and the slide show will have SWAC fans near and far feeling as if they were right there in Birmingham.
I am extremely proud of the job they have done and to all of our supporters, I urge you to continue to read and contribute any sports related news of interest to The DIGEST. You should only expect to see more of the great things that we are doing down here on The Bluff.

Thanks for your support,

Nikki G. Bannister
Sports Editor
The Southern DIGEST
www.southerndigest.com
(225) 771-2231
ng_bannister@hotmail.com
:) :) :D :D ;) ;) :p

Thank you all for reading The DIGEST and for your support, especially for our coverage of the 2004 SWAC Tourney. The sports staff had decided that we were going to update not only the Jags' games, but the whole tourney and it was a great success.
All commendation should go to reporters Brandi Worley and Carlos Perry, along with photographers Ryan Knight and Doug Toussaint. No other team could have done a better job. They hung in there and hustled (in some cases out-hustled) with the other media outlets there. And yes, they are students (smile).
Although we don't have a paper until March 23, you can see more of Brandi's and Carlos' writing and other sports news if you continue to check out The DIGEST online. We are also working on a magnificent slide show of the SWAC Tourney. Ryan and Doug have taken some outstanding photos and the slide show will have SWAC fans near and far feeling as if they were right there in Birmingham.
I am extremely proud of the job they have done and to all of our supporters, I urge you to continue to read and contribute any sports related news of interest to The DIGEST. You should only expect to see more of the great things that we are doing down here on The Bluff.

Thanks for your support,

Nikki G. Bannister
Sports Editor
The Southern DIGEST
www.southerndigest.com
(225) 771-2231
ng_bannister@hotmail.com

Back