LSU baseball player found dead

cat daddy

I know this is not a swac story, but it is a sports story and I find it very disturbing when some one this young dies in his sleep.

http://www.wbrz.com/stories/072402/new_pontiff.shtml

Wally Pontiff found dead

LSU 3rd basemen died in his sleep

Michael Cauble
LSU Sports
Wally Pontiff, LSU's star third baseman and captain of the team was found dead this morning in his Metarie home.

School officials have confirmed the passing of Pontiff and have scheduled a press conference for 2:00 p.m. Athletic Director Skip Bertman and head baseball coach Smoke Laval will be in attendance.

Pontiff attended a New Orleans Zephyrs baseball game last night with his father . Both he and his dad got home late last night.

A family member went to wake him this morning and was unable to get him up. Attempts to revive Pontiff failed.

Funeral arrangements have not yet been released, but we will bring them to you as soon as we have them.

Pontiff was 21 years old.

I saw the coverage tonight on the news. It brought tears to my eyes, especially when they interviewed a young child that was at the LSU baseball camp this summer and the child said he thought of him as "a star and a role model". It goes to show that someone is always watching you and you should strive daily to impact a life in a positive way. It doesn't take years. It can happen in a matter of seconds. You never know when your time to leave this earth will come. You may be the only "star" a child ever meets. You may be the one thing they see in their life that is positive.

As you can see I get all emotional and go off on a tangent. ;)

As a parent, I was greatly saddened for his family. It may be difficult times for them now, but hopefully the positive memories that he leaves behind will help them during the years ahead.

Back