LSU, Arkansas,,,,, you have GOT to be KIDDING ME,,

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
,, how da hello does Arkansas pull this out? how?

i have no vested interest in this game, other than LSU having a black QB,,,,, but MY GOD!!!!!!

:confused: :mad:

Originally posted by Bartram
,, how da hello does Arkansas pull this out? how?

i have no vested interest in this game, other than LSU having a black QB,,,,, but MY GOD!!!!!!

:confused: :mad:

Man the LSU DBs gave the game away. I don't usually root for LSU especially since I am a SU grad, but the QB Marcus Randall older brother was our QB when Pete first came to SU and we won the SWAC and the mythical Black College Championship with him at the helm. So that is the only reason I root for LSU. Oh well they blew it. At least Randall played well. Georgia is going to kill Arkansas in SEC Championship.

I hear you JR.

One thing you said is EXACTLY what I said. Here's my quote in a related email to some friends:

Georgia is going to wack the HELL outta these fools. what a DEPLORABLE SEC-West representative. you gotta be kidding me.

You're quote:
Georgia is going to kill Arkansas in SEC Championship.

It's going to be the same as a few years ago when Arkansas went to the SEC championship game only to get BLASTED by a vastly superior Tennessee team.

Yeah,,, those dad-blame LSU DBs are GOATS right about now. STRAIGHT GOATS!!!!! How do they give up that 50 yard bomb against a scrub QB that had not done anything the entire game?!!! HOW??!!!

Welp, Arkansas has "scoreboard", as I am known to say, so that's the bottom line.

It's not just the DB's, the DL gave no effort to even rush the QB. HEll, they did not even get in a good stance to try to rush. You can see them standing there (Not rushing ) while the QB was throwing the ball( after he had about 8 seconds to stand back there). The whole Defense played like the game was over. If I were saben, after the first pass, I would have call a Timeout to wake them up and make them understand that the game is not over. and then I would have got them out of that prevent and rushed more than three DL. THere QB cannot throw under pressure. I go to LSU and I am mad as Hell.

There is an old saying that defense wins championships. The lack of them loses them too.

Here is some of what happened to LSU this year.

KENTUCKY

Lorenzen has an easy time passing the ball that got the Wildcats the lead. Fortunately for LSU they won on the last play. But the fourth quarter defense by the Tigers was terrible.

ALABAMA

This was another case of ROLL TIDE ROLL over the Tigers in Baton Rouge. 'Bama was up 6-0. LSU gets ready for the Tide passing attack. But 'Bama runs draws. They ran those draw plays all the way for a 94-yard TD drive within the last 2:30 of the first half.

ARKANSAS

LSU is up 20-14 to where the Hogs have to score a TD. LSU pins Arkansas at the 20 or 21. So what happens. In the last 40 seconds Arkansas scores a TD to eventually win the game.

BTW LSU had one of the top defenses in the nation this year. If they play Texas in the Cotton Bowl, they will get slapped around the football field.

Originally posted by EB
There is an old saying that defense wins championships. The lack of them loses them too.

Here is some of what happened to LSU this year.

KENTUCKY

Lorenzen has an easy time passing the ball that got the Wildcats the lead. Fortunately for LSU they won on the last play. But the fourth quarter defense by the Tigers was terrible.

ALABAMA

This was another case of ROLL TIDE ROLL over the Tigers in Baton Rouge. 'Bama was up 6-0. LSU gets ready for the Tide passing attack. But 'Bama runs draws. They ran those draw plays all the way for a 94-yard TD drive within the last 2:30 of the first half.

ARKANSAS

LSU is up 20-14 to where the Hogs have to score a TD. LSU pins Arkansas at the 20 or 21. So what happens. In the last 40 seconds Arkansas scores a TD to eventually win the game.

BTW LSU had one of the top defenses in the nation this year. If they play Texas in the Cotton Bowl, they will get slapped around the football field.

Good Points EB,
Look for Saban to hire his buddy and former Assistant Bobby Williams. If I am not mistaken Bobby coached Defense at MSU before moving up to Head Coach after Saban left. Oh well LSU was not ready to play with Georgia anyway. Not this year.

For the last 2 plays, I don't think LSU even needed to rush more than 3 people. Arkansas was out of timeouts. Their quarterback wasn't going to take off and run. LSU could've pulled 8 people back in coverage - cover the receivers, play deep, and watch the sidelines. They seemed to be trying to still protect the middle of the field. If Arkansas completes a pass across the middle, then they've got to do some lateraling, because the clock would have ran out.

Yanno?

Arkansas' upset over LSU sets the Razorbacks up for a Cotton Bowl matchup with Chris Sims and Texas......

But an LSU/Texas matchup would've been huge.....

:shame:

How do you let a guy get 50 yards behind you when you are dropping 8 men back???:(

Now Arkansas is going to punk Univ. of Ark at Little Rock and make them move the Ualr/ Alcorn game next weekend in Little Rock. So their basketball team want go head to head with the sec championship game.

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
Yanno?

Arkansas' upset over LSU sets the Razorbacks up for a Cotton Bowl matchup with Chris Sims and Texas......

But an LSU/Texas matchup would've been huge.....

:shame:

Texas don't want none of Arkansas, they remember what happened to them on 2000 when the Razorbacks spanked that azz in the cotton bowl. But first, Arkansas has to loose to Georgia.

Not impressed with Ark

Georgia will beat them by at least two touchdowns and a field goal. It is going to be ugly; a laugher.

Texas this year, if they face Arkansas, would be playing loose with nothing to lose and they will clean Arkansas' clock also. Arkansas has played well beyond it's means and that luck won't last.

What you don't realize is that Arkansas/Texas was one of the top rivals in the country until the breakup of the SWC. When these two teams play, it doesn't matter what the records are. That fact was proven again on Jan 1st, 2000 when Arkansas beat the *ish out of Texas in the Cotton bowl in Dallas.

As for Georgia, don't expect for them to run over Arkansas.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
What you don't realize is that Arkansas/Texas was one of the top rivals in the country until the breakup of the SWC. When these two teams play, it doesn't matter what the records are. That fact was proven again on Jan 1st, 2000 when Arkansas beat the *ish out of Texas in the Cotton bowl in Dallas.

As for Georgia, don't expect for them to run over Arkansas.

Sorry Frat, but that game is at the Georgia Dome and that gives UGA home field advantage. I have watched both teams this year and Arkansas is going to be killed. UGA has way to much speed for them. Mark Richt has pulled a Mack Brown recruiting effort here since coming over from Florida State. I bet Bowden wishes he was still there. I know you are from Arkansas and that is home, but don't get caught up in that. Houston Nutt has done a good job and they play with emotion. But this is the year that Georgia fans have been waiting since Herschel Walker left. It aint going to be pretty. Last time Arkansas played in the SEC Championship they got hammered by U of Tenn.

BTW,
Texas/Arkansas game would be interesting. Even though I think UT would beat them. I don't trust Chris Simms. UT tends to play down to their opponent. Arkansas should have lost to LSU so I know they aint ready for the big time. The SEC has not been to kind to them in Football.

TX-AK and the old SWC

Chief, I lived in Fort Worth (Benbrook) from 87 to 91 and being from SEC country, followed the old SWC, so quite the contrary; i'm very familiar with the TX-AK rivalry. I simply think Arkansas is extremely suspect this year and it will be proven against Georgia and Texas.

Texas has recuited their "AAAAAAA$$" off the last 4-5 years and all that talent has log-jammed this year. Arkansas has heart, they will jump off a cliff for Nutt, but they don't have the athletes to hang with Texas. When Texas puts 21 on them in the first half, and then they score and TX puts 14 more on em, there will be no miracle comeback because they hung around within striking distance like with LSU.

They got TX in 2000, granted, but they had some athletes too and Mack Brown's program wasn't totally in place.

HAC, CHC, EKJ, GBK, NAM, RHO, VWT

That's funny, how did Texas Tech spank that azz, and Tech doesn't have the atheletes that Arkansas has, much less Texas.

I never said that Arkansas would upset Georgia, I simply said that don't expect for Georgia to murder Arkansas. If they let the Hogs hand around until the 4th, then it is anybody's game, much like the LSU game.

If Arkansas lose the SEC title game and there is a Ark/UT Cotton Bowl, I would put my money on Arkansas. Dallas is basically known as Razorback South. There will be more Razorback fans in the house, which will be an advantage to Arkansas.

Very easy

UT always looks past TTech (my sentimental favorite SWC team by the way, who I also followed then and now,,, especially when they had the QB from Dallas-Carter's STATE CHAMPION-even though it got stripped from them- football team). That's always a "gotcha" game for UT. I liken TTech vs UT like USM vs Alabama; almost half of USM's team are players that didn't get an offer from Alabama/Auburn, so every time they play Alabama it's very emotional, whereas Alabama's just hoping to dispatch USM without major injuries and looking ahead to Tennessee or some other big SEC opponent. UT goes into TTech thinking the game is an easy win, but TTech is loaded with UT/A&M rejects that are out to make a statement,,, and many times they do. TTech can stink up the joint,,,,, look like total crap,,, then come in and WACK Texas and/or A&M during a football season.

Kingsberry, this year, was in the hiesman hunt and TTech is keeping more top TX talent. They would beat Arkansas head to head.

Re: Very easy

Originally posted by Bartram
UT always looks past TTech (my sentimental favorite SWC team by the way, who I also followed then and now,,, especially when they had the QB from Dallas-Carter's STATE CHAMPION-even though it got stripped from them- football team). That's always a "gotcha" game for UT. I liken TTech vs UT like USM vs Alabama; almost half of USM's team are players that didn't get an offer from Alabama/Auburn, so every time they play Alabama it's very emotional, whereas Alabama's just hoping to dispatch USM without major injuries and looking ahead to Tennessee or some other big SEC opponent. UT goes into TTech thinking the game is an easy win, but TTech is loaded with UT/A&M rejects that are out to make a statement,,, and many times they do. TTech can stink up the joint,,,,, look like total crap,,, then come in and WACK Texas and/or A&M during a football season.

Kingsberry, this year, was in the hiesman hunt and TTech is keeping more top TX talent. They would beat Arkansas head to head.

Heck not only does Texas Tech play UT well. They have help contribute to RC Slocum's firing at Texas A&M. Actually they have been more of a thorn in A&M's side than UT's.

Zebbie Lethridge is the kid you are talking about that was the TT Qb. Ole Spike Dykes used to have Tech ready for those intrastate rival games.

Don't know if you notice, but many of the players for Arkansas are also Texas rejects. Texas would not kill Arkansas, never have, never will.

Yes but

TTech is in state and I bet they are about 80% texas and Ark is about 40%.

now how does it go? if Ark loses they will face texas or if they win the SEC championship (laughable. no way in the world. Georgia, as I said, will creamate them by at least 2 TDs and a field goal.)?

It will be a good (but anti-climatic) going away party for overrated Sims.

And it should be about 50-0 by now. A dropped pass in the endzone and plenty of opportunities for more touchdowns in the place of all of those field goals.

Extremely poor west rep. just aweful.

i knew this would be the case. arkansas is a good hardnose scrappy team if they stay close/score first and are in the game; they won't quit, but just not of the caliber to stand in with the top 2 or 3 teams from the SEC east.

My original prediction was that Georgia would blow them out and win by at least 2 TDs and a fieldgoal. Right now I got a 6 point cush in my favor on that prediction. :lecture:

30-3?

,,,,,,,, almost double my prediction. even worse than I thought it would be. how embarrassing for the SEC West. :rolleyes:

Back