Louisiana....

The city of Baton Rouge has done a travesty to Southern University. I don't see one sign on I-10, or 12. But, I see everything for LSU.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
JAG89. I'm from Alabama. All I know are Bar-q and Hot Wings.

I still remember my line brother eating a few fried boudin balls the hotel set out for DA BRUHZ this past Clave. He looked at me and said, "these meat balls are good." Being that he's from Cali, all I could do was laugh. IMO, there's no place that can compete with Louisiana food and if you are in New Orleans, you pretty much can't go wrong wherever you dine. Even the Popeye's Chicken on Canal Street is the best.

I still remember my line brother eating a few fried boudin balls the hotel set out for DA BRUHZ this past Clave. He looked at me and said, "these meat balls are good." Being that he's from Cali, all I could do was laugh. IMO, there's no place that can compete with Louisiana food and if you are in New Orleans, you pretty much can't go wrong wherever you dine. Even the Popeye's Chicken on Canal Street is the best.

It's so many damn eateries on I-10/12 showcasing Boudin and cracklings. Hell, I can't even eat shrimp without getting sick. But, it's some corner store in New Orleans that make the best Shrimp Po-Boy. Also, don't get me started on those Pralines.

It's so many damn eateries on I-10/12 showcasing Boudin and cracklings. Hell, I can't even eat shrimp without getting sick. But, it's some corner store in New Orleans that make the best Shrimp Po-Boy. Also, don't get me started on those Pralines.

There are probably several corner stores that do.

The city of Baton Rouge has done a travesty to Southern University. I don't see one sign on I-10, or 12. But, I see everything for LSU.

That’s ok . As long as you make it to lsu, them lsu folks can well give you concise AND precise directions to the Southern University campus. They can getcha there, since they keep up with Southern.
So don’t worry; you’ll get to lay eyes on Mumford and the SU grounds and get that SU shirt to prove you were actually there!

But I’d hang onto the receipt if I were you, for your haters back home

Last edited:
That’s ok . As long as you make it to lsu, them lsu folks can well give you concise AND precise directions to the Southern University campus. They can getcha there, since they keep up with Southern.
So don’t worry; you’ll get to lay eyes on Mumford and the SU grounds and get that SU shirt to prove you were actually there!

But I’d hang onto the receipt if I were you, for your haters back home
The only reason for my visit into Baton Rouge is S.U. I have no need to visit LSU

The only reason for my visit into Baton Rouge is S.U. I have no need to visit LSU

I’m very much aware that Southern University is your only reason to visit BR. But in your attempts to smack, you tried to be funny & suggest there aren’t any highway directions to SU:

I just wanted to make sure you reached your desired destination during your pilgrimage. Don’t forget to keep that receipt from the SU bookstore when you shop for souvenirs! Your fellow Alabamians probably gone hate & say you ain’t set foot on SU campus!😉

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I’m very much aware that Southern University is your only reason to visit BR. But in your attempts to smack, you tried to be funny & suggest there aren’t any highway directions to SU:

I just wanted to make sure you reached your desired destination during your pilgrimage. Don’t forget to keep that receipt from the SU bookstore when you shop for souvenirs! Your fellow Alabamians probably gone hate & say you ain’t set foot on SU campus!😉

All jokes, aside. Southern was my school choice out of high school. Hell, I also wanted to attend during Cole era. Alabama or Auburn wasn't on my radar.

Back