Louisiana Football

Lewis

Peabody Warhorses
Louisiana has to be considered one of the top states for football. Consider the following: LSU is rated number 3 in the 1A poll. McNesse is No. 1 in the 1AA poll. In addition, Grambling is No. 9 and Southern is No. 14. In the SWAC, a team from Lousiana has won every SCG, and the rosters of each of these schools consist mainly of Louisiana players. Other recent great players in the SWAC were also from Louisiana, Donald Carrie of Alcorn is from Louisiana, recent stars Jackson State's Sylvester Morris and Cortez (Forgot his last name) of Texas Southern was also from the boot.<br><br>Looks like this will continue in the future.

FYI...Cortez Hankton.

I agree with the fact that Louisiana has some good college teams. This should be a good recruiting year in Louisiana. I don't know how many national "blue chippers" are out there, but from the clips I've seen of Baton Rouge players there's some good athletes out there. There's a gold mine of college quality players in a lot of the smaller schools in both north and south La.

Three smaller classification schools in my area (Block, Vidalia, and Rayville) each have some college caliber players on their rosters. I'm gonna go check out Block (Jonesville -- Catahoula Parish) tonight. They got this big tight end that's expressed an interest in GSU. My cousin coaches at Block and tells me that SU and other schools have been sending letters. Got to save this kid from becoming a yella!:lmao: :lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back