Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman got caught with a hot mic

White folks been saying racist/homophobic shit way before Trump.

You remember Jimmy the Greek?

True. Here's one for you. Your football team has been ranked number one ever since their first year in the conference. Your senior qb has been on point since his freshman year. He's in his senior year and this particular season, he's been the catalyst that's making the rest of the offense click. He's brought out the best in all the players.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That dude said he didn’t know the word was offensive. He’s 60.

The nerve.

Bye.
I don’t know. The programming of some is highly questionable if they maintain their segregated life away from diverse environments.

Yesterday morn, I encountered an anglo parent of a former hs teammate, big $$$ hs football donor for well over 35+ yrs since his son played. In the 80s when his son played, he donated $15K-20K annually and yesterday he balked at the $40K-50K he gives annually and the program continues to be avg/below avg since his son’s and my time there.

They lost a game by 1 point last Friday and this is what he said (verbatim) “know why we don’t win anymore? There are only 4 negroes on the team! It’s because we don’t have enough negroes on the football team anymore.” He then continued to overpower the one sided dialogue w/ trying to speak on/introduce chrisshun-insanity blahzey.

After his rant was over, I responded with these words (verbatim) as I sniffed the newly purchased cigar he gave me: “God said don’t call my chosen people negroes anymore; God said they are to be called African-Americans.” lol :D I thanked him for sharing one of the newly purchased expensive Arturos he gave me and quickly walked away from his tomfoolery. I guess he forgot there were only 7 quality African-Americans on our squad during my time serving on that hs plantation smh.

Never spoke w/ dude when younger but obviously that is the sick, segregated world he carried w/ him his entire life and that’s all the elder man knows. Not excusing it, the outward behavior, but simply drawing attention that ultimately, it’s the programming many have they carry w/ them.

I don’t know. The programming of some is highly questionable if they maintain their segregated life away from diverse environments.

Yesterday morn, I encountered an anglo parent of a former hs teammate, big $$$ hs football donor for well over 35+ yrs since his son played. In the 80s when his son played, he donated $15K-20K annually and yesterday he balked at the $40K-50K he gives annually and the program continues to be avg/below avg since his son’s and my time there.

They lost a game by 1 point last Friday and this is what he said (verbatim) “know why we don’t win anymore? There are only 4 negroes on the team! It’s because we don’t have enough negroes on the football team anymore.” He then continued to overpower the one sided dialogue w/ trying to speak on/introduce chrisshun-insanity blahzey.

After his rant was over, I responded with these words (verbatim) as I sniffed the newly purchased cigar he gave me: “God said don’t call my chosen people negroes anymore; God said they are to be called African-Americans.” lol :D I thanked him for sharing one of the newly purchased expensive Arturos he gave me and quickly walked away from his tomfoolery. I guess he forgot there were only 7 quality African-Americans on our squad during my time serving on that hs plantation smh.

Never spoke w/ dude when younger but obviously that is the sick, segregated world he carried w/ him his entire life and that’s all the elder man knows. Not excusing it, the outward behavior, but simply drawing attention that ultimately, it’s the programming many have they carry w/ them.

Nah.

Thom has been a professional broadcaster in media.

For nearly 40 years.

That bullshit excuse ain’t flying. LOL!

What did he lie about or say wrong? San Francisco is known as the gay capital of the world.

San Francisco maybe the LGBTQA capital of the world-the word he USED is what got him into hot water.

Now if we were in England and he used that word-which is another way of saying cigarette-different story.

Unlike the N word-they are not going to call each other that in a form of friendship.

......but no matter how repugnant it is.......we have a right to say whatever it is that goes through some putrid little minds we have???

Be ready for the consequences. Even what you say is actually back upped by fact.

So the lgbtq.... community is a race now? Clarify how this is racist.

No they are not. That right there is about MONEY.

The Reds will let that man go rather than risk losing money.

Money meaning it can be sponsors, ticket sales, merchandise and even employees.

A person who uses slurs as brazenly as Thom did wouldn't be all that surprising for that person to hold racial animus, too.

I understand everything you all commented. I don't necessarily disagree, the point i was making is words have meaning. We can not continue to allow people to call RACISM on things that are not that. It hurts the movement. We start to look like the boy who cried wolf.

I understand everything you all commented. I don't necessarily disagree, the point i was making is words have meaning. We can not continue to allow people to call RACISM on things that are not that. It hurts the movement. We start to look like the boy who cried wolf.

Who in real life is conflating the use of a homophobic slur as racism?

Who in real life is conflating the use of a homophobic slur as racism?
Read the original post I responded to. If you actually read the post I responded to you wouldn't have asked this question. Why would I even address the distinction between the two if someone didn't.....? Words have meaning.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Read the original post I responded to. If you actually read the post I responded to you wouldn't have asked this question. Why would I even address the distinction between the two if someone didn't.....? Words have meaning.
Like I said who in real life is doing that?

San Francisco maybe the LGBTQA capital of the world-the word he USED is what got him into hot water.

Now if we were in England and he used that word-which is another way of saying cigarette-different story.

Unlike the N word-they are not going to call each other that in a form of friendship.

Be ready for the consequences. Even what you say is actually back upped by fact.
Actually they do call each other derogatory names but not in public.

Back