Longing for Good Music

jelli

Music Lover
Am I the only one longing for some good R&B, Neo-Soul, just straight sanging music?

Where are : Musiq, India Arie, Angie Stone, Maxwell, Jahem, Carl Thomas, Joe, Chico Debarge and others... :headphone:

I just had to get that out there... You can add the lists.

Jelli: Do this for me. Look for a song called "Foolish Man" by Sean Baker.
He's a brother out of Brooklyn, NY. The Boy can Blow!!!!!!

He's may be dropping album in the next month. But the song "Foolish Man" has been in my CD player (soon hopefully iPOD) for the past 2 months.

Dont forget: Donnie - The Colored Section.

jelli said:
Am I the only one longing for some good R&B, Neo-Soul, just straight sanging music?

Where are : Musiq, India Arie, Angie Stone, Maxwell, Jahem, Carl Thomas, Joe, Chico Debarge and others... :headphone:

BabyFace
Keith Sweat
Maze
Bootsy Collins.

pbla said:
BabyFace
Keith Sweat
Maze
Bootsy Collins.
Babyface' CD drops on Tuesday, July 26th...I've already got the album sampler and it is hella nice. :tup:

um pbla, you can hang it up, waiting on a new MAZE cd...it's NOT gonna happen, bruh. They'll forever rock all their old hits. :nod2:

That new Common "Go"...I can just see myself crusin the streets of downtown to that song....Ahhhh... :nod2:

Maze will drop a new album the middle of next year - Frankie says he is ready to go into the studio and is prepared with some new material.

SU's Finest '93 said:
um pbla, you can hang it up, waiting on a new MAZE cd...it's NOT gonna happen, bruh. They'll forever rock all their old hits. :nod2:

majiksity said:
Maze will drop a new album the middle of next year - Frankie says he is ready to go into the studio and is prepared with some new material.

Yep Then man is correct. I was listening to Frankie do an interview on the Ed Gordon show a few weeks ago and he said this. He is now over his throat cancer problems and is ready to put out some new stuff. So by this time next year we should be grooving some new MAZE......

Overall, music sucks today. I recently started burning old 80s stuff. I beginning to apprepriate the music of the 80s now although I was just a little handsome kid at the time.

Jelli,

I feel you. Since I'm a realist on certain issues, there is no such thing as a true artist anymore. Frankly, there are way too many "so-called millenia musicians" that are not in touch with their TRUE creativity. If you listen to the different genre's of music, all is being affected. Too many elements are being mixed in with one another to the point where music doesn't sound normal anymore. Gospel for example has fell to the wayside. Intrerpolating hip-hop and rap with traditional gospel does not fit well with me and it diminishes and saturates the project. The same holds true for Jazz. Jazz is my personal favorite but it has become so interstellar, that I don't know what it sounds like anymore. I can accept fusion (Jazz & Funk), a bit of pop mixture (Pazz & Jop) but to go all out and urbanize the creation just tears me apart.

As far as R&B artists or Neo-Soul, I recommend Amel Larrieux, she's a very underrated singer that enhances the music scene. Lizz Wright and her latest CD "Dreaming Wide Awake" is outstanding. I give her kudos on her re-creation of "Come Together", which was a popular 60's anti-war song. I recently heard a song featuring Chaka Khan performing with The Royal Philarmonic Orchestra the tune "To Sir With Love" (Remember the title to Sidney Poitier's movie). I was very impressed. I gotta find out what CD it's on or if she has her own out. Others on my list would be John Legend and Kem.

Killer Bees said:
Overall, music sucks today. I recently started burning old 80s stuff. I beginning to apprepriate the music of the 80s now although I was just a little handsome kid at the time.

You are not the only one that does that. You should take a look at my computer at the crib. It is filled with ole' school music from the late 70s to the early 90s.

Stevie Wonder
Young Michael
Chaka Khan
Janet Jackson
Grandmaster Flash
Rick James
DeBarge
A few songs from the movie Breakin'
Anita Baker
Alexander O'Neal
Johnny Gill
New Edition
Earth Wind and Fire
Cameo

I could go on and on right now, but you get the picture.

Dr. Freeze said:
You are not the only one that does that. You should take a look at my computer at the crib. It is filled with ole' school music from the late 70s to the early 90s.

Stevie Wonder
Young Michael
Chaka Khan
Janet Jackson
Grandmaster Flash
Rick James
DeBarge
A few songs from the movie Breakin'
Anita Baker
Alexander O'Neal
Johnny Gill
New Edition
Earth Wind and Fire
Cameo

I could go on and on right now, but you get the picture.

I heard that.

So far I done....

Jeffery Osborne
Teddy Pennygrass (sp?)
Tina Marie
Alexander O'Neal
Cherrell
Stephanie Mills
Micheal Jackson (Off the Wall/J 5/Thriller/Victory stuff)
Loose Ends

I plan to get.

Babyface - Tender Lover (They don't make albums like this anymore. The entire album is tight. No bland filler songs).

and a few more I can't think of right now.

I was just wondering what happened to Alexander Oneal when I heard his song on the radio the other day.

I love the music from the 80's and early 90's. I've always been fond of the ballads from the 60's and 70's also, they really knew how to put love, heartache, or whatever into song.

Just recently I've been looking to add to my CD collection with a few Blues albums.

SU's Finest '93 said:
Babyface' CD drops on Tuesday, July 26th...I've already got the album sampler and it is hella nice. :tup:

I will be buying Babyface today;that is one talented brotha as a songwriter.Yeah I know SUFinest, Maze is over with. I really like their song Southern Girls. :D

I'm going to wait on Babyface...I did not like his last couple of CDs. Where is Rapheal Sadiqq ...I heard SWV was going back in the studio. I will check out some these singers you folks suggested. I just jam my old stuff.

I was at a friends house this past weekend and he had some compilation DVDs that had video from the 80s like "Cassanova" by LaVert, Jodeci "Forever my Lady" and "Freak Me Baby" by Silk....:headphone: The good ole days

jelli said:
I'm going to wait on Babyface...I did not like his last couple of CDs. Where is Rapheal Sadiqq ...I heard SWV was going back in the studio. I will check out some these singers you folks suggested. I just jam my old stuff.

I was at a friends house this past weekend and he had some compilation DVDs that had video from the 80s like "Cassanova" by LaVert, Jodeci "Forever my Lady" and "Freak Me Baby" by Silk....:headphone: The good ole days
Gerald Levert has a nice CD,(SPEAK FOR THE WORLD)I'm listening to it now.

jelli said:

You are not alone. I don't even listen to the radio because of all that recycled crap.

Where is Sade????

Anita Baker???? I got her newest release,.....I don't like it.
She's in-love now and something is missing in her music to me.

Legend35 said:
You are not alone. I don't even listen to the radio because of all that recycled crap.

:nod:

Yep. I disconnected the antennas from every single one of my vehicles. :emlaugh: The ONLY time I re-connect them is when I go to the greater Houston area or any area outside of dallas/ft worth. :retard:

Tired of the same ol' every single dayam day. They play the SAME music all day.... every day. :retard: I've personally heard the same song played 15 times from 7:30am -> ~ 6pm one day. WTF?! :confused:

Back