Lincoln Football to Play Grambling State in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't nobody in Jackson asking to play in a NFL stadium. :lol: but since you asked, we have played in 5 or 6 but who cares? We play in Memorial Stadium: HOME OF THE JSU TIGERS! Our fans would revolt if our AD announced a game vs Lincoln in Kansas City. WTF? :rolleyes:

Does Jackson State get better non-conferance games than Grambling does year in and out? Hell no! Anyway, enjoy playing at rent-to-own....... I mean Memorial stadium while you can.

Does Jackson State get better non-conferance games than Grambling does year in and out? Hell no! Anyway, enjoy playing at rent-to-own....... I mean Memorial stadium while you can.

That depends on what you call "better". I don't support playing 1-A games. When Braddy was our AD, he did things that we don't typically do in Jackson. Before Braddy, we typically played HBCUs like FAMU, A&T, Howard and Hampton. We also played NW State quite often. I didn't agree with us playing USM and I don't like that we play MS State just as I don't agree that we should be playing the likes of Concodia, Lincoln (MO) or University of VA-Lynchburg. I dont' know how my new AD is going to handle scheduling because when she came to JSU, the 2011 and 2012 schedules were made by Braddy.

Jayrob,

Let me ask you this? How many NFL stadiums have your teams had the privilege to play in? Oh and i will wait. It is an opportunity for the players to play in an NFL venue but if one isn't accustomed to it they don't know what they are missing.

Ask yourself why you have to petition to play so many road games. We don't need to do that because we have a stable fan base. Why must I have to keep educating you about this? You're virtually forced to play road games. Your AD mentioned this out of his own mouth, so you know I'm not saying this out of hate. I'm saying it because it's the truth.

As far as playing in an NFL stadium, what does that have to do with anything? Nothing. It's not the venue that counts, it's the fan support. One can be in an 80,000 seat stadium, but if there's only 8,000 people in the stands, that's not a good showing at all. In fact, it's an embarassment

Ask yourself why you have to petition to play so many road games. We don't need to do that because we have a stable fan base. Why must I have to keep educating you about this? You're virtually forced to play road games. Your AD mentioned this out of his own mouth, so you know I'm not saying this out of hate. I'm saying it because it's the truth.

As far as playing in an NFL stadium, what does that have to do with anything? Nothing. It's not the venue that counts, it's the fan support. One can be in an 80,000 seat stadium, but if there's only 8,000 people in the stands, that's not a good showing at all. In fact, it's an embarassment

Actually Grambling has always taken the show on the road, even back in the day when attendance was much better. Don't blow a gasket dude, it's not JSU lol. No different from JSU playing Concordia before. Money talks.

We give our players opportunities to see things. Eddie Rob's goal was to play in the major stadiums in the U.S and he did that, Doug is just keeping with tradition. Hell you've played Concordia and Delta State right in Klan Memorial so your statement is null and void and 5 or 6? That's why JSU has no clout, no one knows you outside of Miss and Tenn. smh. A Kansas City Chief scout might just be in the black and someone gets a chance to move to the next level, never know what can happen. When you are mentally stuck in a box you remain there. The box of Miss.

Dude, take that to someone who don't know any better.:lol: You play road games because you have no fanbase. You play road games to help pay the bills. You play road games because you can't get butts in the seat at Robinson stadium.

Players going sightseeing ain't helping pay no bills and the players aint being given a tour of anything in the city besides a stadium. LOL!!

Dude, take that to someone who don't know any better.:lol: You play road games because you have no fanbase. You play road games to help pay the bills. You play road games because you can't get butts in the seat at Robinson stadium.

Players going sightseeing ain't helping pay no bills and the players aint being given a tour of anything in the city besides a stadium. LOL!!

Crazy how people come see Grambling on the road but we have no fan base. Interesting. Ask University of Houston, Pittsburg, Washington State, University of Nevada etc, first time their stadiums were sold out and filled to the max.

Last edited:
Actually Grambling has always taken the show on the road, even back in the day when attendance was much better. Don't blow a gasket dude, it's not JSU lol. No different from JSU playing Concordia before. Money talks.

If JSU was going to the Georgia Dome to play Concordia, i would have hid the article. This is VERY different from JSU playing Concordia at home. First of all, our fans complained about it and hopefully we never play a Concordia or a Lincoln again. We will let GSU have those since you are ao proud of them.

No gasket being blown here. Just telling it like I see it. You sitting here fabricating about why yall have so many road games when your own AD spilled the beans to the public as to why yall have so many road games.

And when Grambling was winning, Robinson wasn't playing 60 percent of his games on the road. If he was, then he was robbing Grambling folks of seeing the team play at home. I highly doubt if Robinson played more road games than home games.
Why would any coach desire to have more road games than home games? That makes no sense at all.

No gasket being blown here. Just telling it like I see it. You sitting here fabricating about why yall have so many road games when your own AD spilled the beans to the public as to why yall have so many road games.

And when Grambling was winning, Robinson wasn't playing 60 percent of his games on the road. If he was, then he was robbing Grambling folks of seeing the team play at home. I highly doubt if Robinson played more road games than home games.
Why would any coach desire to have more road games than home games? That makes no sense at all.

Grambling has always played on the road more than home. Stay in Jackson lol. Robinson was a mastermind and is a good reason why Grambling is widely known.

Please let the BULLSHI* GO!!!!! :tdown::tdown:

USA take the high road bruh he will continue to argue with you

GEESH

What am I arguing about? I'm merely repeating what your AD said. Taking the so-called high road is telling the truth I would think.:emlaugh:

I remember when JSU had Paul Quinn on it's schedule and certain folks joked about it. I guess it's not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot.:lol:

LOL at taking the high road. Please.:smh:

Crazy how people come see Grambling on the road but we have no fan base. Interesting. Ask University of Houston, Pittsburg, Washington State, University of Nevada etc, first time their stadiums were sold out and filled to the max.

So Pittsburgh, Washington State, Nevada have NEVER sold out their stadiums until Grambling showed up? Prove it.

What am I arguing about? I'm merely repeating what your AD said. Taking the so-called high road is telling the truth I would think.:emlaugh:

I remember when JSU had Paul Quinn on it's schedule and certain folks joked about it. I guess it's not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot.:lol:

That's why i'm entertaining you, JSU has no room to talk about no one playing a lower division team. NO ROOM lol. BTW, GUD i know Jayrob loves Grambling and at the same time, he doesn't know whats up lol. Same sh!t, different day lol. Grambling is getting paid, players are paid in an NFL stadium and maybe one of their recruiters catch the game getting players an opportunity, playing in a different area that might be beneficial for recruitment purposes establishing another pipeline. There are more pros than cons. Small minded individuals can't see it. No different when a FBS team plays a lower tier D-1 team like Ole Miss playing Jackson. The only different we will be in an NFL stadium and we are the FBS team and Lincoln is little dog. lol
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:
If they market this properly, you will get a good amount of folks from St. Louis and Chicago coming to the game. You are going to need your alumni associations in the Midwest to get a good ground game going. Depending on what FAMU is doing that weekend, I can EASILY see myself and the fellas coming over for the game.

If they market this properly, you will get a good amount of folks from St. Louis and Chicago coming to the game. You are going to need your alumni associations in the Midwest to get a good ground game going. Depending on what FAMU is doing that weekend, I can EASILY see myself and the fellas coming over for the game.

Yep if marketed right it could open more doors. One who isn't used to getting out of their state or only traveling 4 hours or less can't see it.

So Pittsburgh, Washington State, Nevada have NEVER sold out their stadiums until Grambling showed up? Prove it.

I was there in the flesh when they reported it lol. Don't have to prove it to you, you can call their schools and ask about the attendance when Grambling showed up.:D

Can't be SERIOUS....:lol:

Dude let me tell you something that I know your silly ARSE KNOW ALREADY!!! Dont nobody wanna read you and USA going back and forth... I told him to take the HIGH ROAD because your a WASTE OF TIME AND KEYSTROKES!!!!:tdown::tdown::tdown:

AGAIN GEESH

DONE

Last edited:

We have helped TCU sell out season tickets for the first time.

TCU sells out season football tickets for first time

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/0...e-move-to-big-12-renovated.html#storylink=cpy

The move to the Big 12 Conference and the $164 million renovations to Amon G. Carter Stadium, which are scheduled to be completed a week before the season opener Sept. 8 against Grambling State, helped spur a run on season tickets, which have been sold out for the first time in TCU history.

There are still about 1,000 fans on the waiting list for season tickets. Those fans will be contacted if seats become available after the renovation is complete.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/0...e-move-to-big-12-renovated.html#storylink=cpy

I can tell you people are stuck in Mississippi all the time. lol

Grambling has always played on the road more than home. Stay in Jackson lol. Robinson was a mastermind and is a good reason why Grambling is widely known.

Heck, if yall want to rob your own fans of seeing the team at home, that's on yall. Sounds like a copout to me. No, it IS a copout, but if you like, I love it. Keep up the good work.:emlaugh:

I'm finished after i post this lol:

Louisville welcomed 41,227 for a 2000 game against Grambling, then the 10th largest crowd in Cardinal Stadium history. Three seasons later at San Jose State, the Tigers drew 31,681, marking the first sellout for a football game at Spartan Stadium since 1990. (In 2004, without Grambling as an opponent, the Literacy Classic drew two-thirds fewer fans, just 11,360.)

Washington State played Grambling before 51,486 fans at Seattle’s Qwest Field in 2005; the school hasn’t counted more than 50,000 fans at that venue since. Grambling’s 2006 game at Houston drew 27,302 — then the biggest home crowd at Robertson Stadium since 31,784 fans watched Texas played the Cougars there in 2001.

The Tigers also helped set a new home attendance record at Louisiana-Monroe in 2007, drawing 30,101. Grambling’s away game at Nevada in 2008 brought in 20,078 folks — just outside the Top 10 all time for the Wolf Pack at Mackay Stadium. And in 2009, the Tigers were there for the first sellout ever at Oklahoma State’s newly completed Pickens Stadium, helping OSU attract 56,901 fans to outdraw an earlier record-setting game featuring SEC foe Georgia.

http://thederisoreport.hbcufannatio...bling-to-face-rose-bowl-champion-tcu-in-2012/

:read:

I was there in the flesh when they reported it lol. Don't have to prove it to you, you can call their schools and ask about the attendance when Grambling showed up.:D

Who is the "they" you're talking about? You listed five schools. Were you at ALL five when Grambling supposedly sold each one of them out?:lol:

Dude, you keep digging that hole, you'll soon reach China.:lol:

The TCU matchup is set for Sept. 8, 2012, at historic Amon G. Carter Stadium, which is in the midst of a $143 million renovation project. Expanded home-game capacity is expected to be upwards of 40,000; TCU has already sold a school-record 20,817 season tickets for 2011.

Information on the 2012 game’s guarantee was not immediately available. Whatever the cost for TCU, however, the allure of scheduling Grambling is clear: Over the last decade, the team, in tandem with the Tiger Marching Band, has helped a series of FBS teams to record-smashing gates.

Louisville welcomed 41,227 for a 2000 game against Grambling, then the 10th largest crowd in Cardinal Stadium history. Three seasons later at San Jose State, the Tigers drew 31,681, marking the first sellout for a football game at Spartan Stadium since 1990. (In 2004, without Grambling as an opponent, the Literacy Classic drew two-thirds fewer fans, just 11,360.)

Washington State played Grambling before 51,486 fans at Seattle’s Qwest Field in 2005; the school hasn’t counted more than 50,000 fans at that venue since. Grambling’s 2006 game at Houston drew 27,302 — then the biggest home crowd at Robertson Stadium since 31,784 fans watched Texas played the Cougars there in 2001.

The Tigers also helped set a new home attendance record at Louisiana-Monroe in 2007, drawing 30,101. Grambling’s away game at Nevada in 2008 brought in 20,078 folks — just outside the Top 10 all time for the Wolf Pack at Mackay Stadium. And in 2009, the Tigers were there for the first sellout ever at Oklahoma State’s newly completed Pickens Stadium, helping OSU attract 56,901 fans to outdraw an earlier record-setting game featuring SEC foe Georgia.

The University of Arkansas was also on Grambling’s radar as a possible out-of-conference foe. But ultimately school officials believed that Tiger fans in Texas would show up in greater numbers.

“When we played Oklahoma, we set a new attendance record,” James said. “This time, we are going to Dallas, and we have a big fan base there. I think we can do it again.”

http://thederisoreport.hbcufannatio...bling-to-face-rose-bowl-champion-tcu-in-2012/

Reading is fundamental.:lol:Shows how we attract on the road.:read: If one can't grasp it, so be it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back