Lighten the Mood 5th Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
218442731_10220019690222870_623334864399708145_n.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I thought Albany State's Homecoming concert choice is rather interesting. I mean, help me if I am a little slow sometimes but....most concerts are geared for the students who are young adults in their late teens, 20s, and early 30s right? Whoever put this together had to have been grown in their 50s, 60s, 70s, & or 80s and very selfish, thinking of only their grown self. Anyways..... but my 49 year old self would enjoy this if I don't get too sleepy!

Similar subject, I remember being at another HBCU Homecoming game in the 90s. The announcer who was a young student said over the P.A. system, "and tonight's homecoming concert will be George Clinton and the Funkadelics." He forgot to shut the speaker off when we all heard him ask some one else, "who in the hell is the Funkadelics?" The Grown Folks in the place just killed themselves laughing.

228132294_10219807468318072_4038449134512025969_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Albany State's Homecoming concert choice is rather interesting. I mean, help me if I am a little slow sometimes but....most concerts are geared for the students who are young adults in their late teens, 20s, and early 30s right? Whoever put this together had to have been grown in their 50s, 60s, 70s, & or 80s and very selfish, thinking of only their grown self. Anyways..... but my 49 year old self would enjoy this if I don't get too sleepy!

Similar subject, I remember being at another HBCU Homecoming game in the 90s. The announcer who was a young student said over the P.A. system, "and tonight's homecoming concert will be George Clinton and the Funkadelics." He forgot to shut the speaker off when we all heard him ask some one else, "who in the hell is the Funkadelics?" The Grown Folks in the place just killed themselves laughing.View attachment 12895
At the least the kids know where all the old folks will be so they can avoid the old crowd. 😂😆

At the least the kids know where all the old folks will be so they can avoid the old crowd.
I dunno know...I've given this more thought......sometimes these younguns are a little smarter than we give them credit for. Suga Daddies and Suga Mommas are very popular these days. Case in point, Ronald Isley and Phillip Bailey and the young 20 something thangs that are with right now.

....it might just be a good spot for someone to uh, find a donor for their student loans....LOL. See I'm slow but I get why they put this together now. LOL

I dunno know...I've given this more thought......sometimes these younguns are a little smarter than we give them credit for. Suga Daddies and Suga Mommas are very popular these days. Case in point, Ronald Isley and Phillip Bailey and the young 20 something thangs that are with right now.

....it might just be a good spot for someone to uh, find a donor for their student loans....LOL. See I'm slow but I get why they put this together now. LOL
True. Might have to get me a ticket. 😂

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, I think by the time the artists in the latest verzus came out back in the day, I had begun to tune out to what was current and listened to mainly old school rap, save for just a few. I am familiar with the names but again, not their works. So I assume the LOX more than killed it because I keep seeing stuff like this on my FB and IG timelines... I saw a good breakdown from Tariq Nasheed who summed it up by saying, the LOX had the right energy with each other whearas the other group while individually were more accomplished, they were collectively divided and didn't stand a chance.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSMxq9Dn_b-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back