Lets Get Serious

Get Ready

We all need to band together as black people....
It time for us to come together....
We can not stand by any longer and watch this injustice go on...
Our leaders are suffering and we must help them
If you are anybody, then you will help
Please dont let this opportunity pass you by...

As a big college football fan, there are some things that I just dont want to see in my life again. Now, Im from the hood, so I have seen some things in my day. Most stuff just rolls off my back, cause Im just hard like that. But two years ago I saw an image that has stuck in my mind and I just cant get it out. It woke me up out of my sleep, I had horrible nightmares because of it, I was the saddest thing I have ever seen.

I saw this man
Erobinsonsmall.jpg

buying a ticket to a BCF game. Now if I had known that he had been put out like this and disowned by the school he loved, I would have brought enough money to purchase a ticket for him. If you guys had just seen him scrapping for money at that ticket booth. ooooh :( :bawling: I was in tears.

So if we could like start now, raise some money for Eddie and his family, that would really help my psychee. I dont want to have to see The Great One hold up a line again. I dont want to see him chasing money down that fell out of his hand and was blowing away in the wind. Please help, wont you?

Somebody post the picture of that Crying Indian.....thats was me.
:bawling: :bawling:

LOL @ this whloe topic

Originally posted by Get Ready
We all need to band together as black people....
It time for us to come together....
We can not stand by any longer and watch this injustice go on...
Our leaders are suffering and we must help them
If you are anybody, then you will help
Please dont let this opportunity pass you by...

As a big college football fan, there are some things that I just dont want to see in my life again. Now, Im from the hood, so I have seen some things in my day. Most stuff just rolls off my back, cause Im just hard like that. But two years ago I saw an image that has stuck in my mind and I just cant get it out. It woke me up out of my sleep, I had horrible nightmares because of it, I was the saddest thing I have ever seen.

I saw this man
Erobinsonsmall.jpg

buying a ticket to a BCF game. Now if I had known that he had been put out like this and disowned by the school he loved, I would have brought enough money to purchase a ticket for him. If you guys had just seen him scrapping for money at that ticket booth. ooooh :( :bawling: I was in tears.

So if we could like start now, raise some money for Eddie and his family, that would really help my psychee. I dont want to have to see The Great One hold up a line again. I dont want to see him chasing money down that fell out of his hand and was blowing away in the wind. Please help, wont you?

Somebody post the picture of that Crying Indian.....thats was me.
:bawling: :bawling:

Bruh you are a fool.:emlaugh: :D :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
hahahahaha
I would have brought enough money to purchase a ticket for him.
C'mon tell the truth man!!!! You had enough money to help Eddie but you just had to have them damn nachos and you left the poor ole man standing out there!!!!!!!

I am going to put in a call right now to Sally Struthers, Jerry Lewis, and Lou Rawls. Maybe even Ms. Cleo would be willing to make some calls to get some money to fight for dear ole Eddie to get in the game.
(btw, I'm sure Mike Bigg will give if Ms. Cleo calls him. He's one of her biggest fans) :emlaugh:

Oh my..................

:eek:

BWWWAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA !!
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHA !!!!

*picking self off of floor*

"I GOT $5 ON IT........."

:emlaugh: The only time Coach Rob can go the the game is the first of the month when his pension check comes. :bawling:

Lawd Jebbus, Social Security Admin. send help.......

Re: Re: Lets Get Serious

Originally posted by mighty hornet
hahahahaha

(btw, I'm sure Mike Bigg will give if Ms. Cleo calls him. He's one of her biggest fans) :emlaugh:

Oh Bruh, It's deeper than that. She shows me her "lucky charms" and I cast spells with my "magic wand"

<marquee>[size=5.5]THAT'S HOW WE ROLL...OMEGA PSI PHI</marquee>[/size]

Look everybody

Dont make me turn back into the leader on yall..... I am being serious here.

If yall had done seen what I had done seen, you would be making this appeal too. Lets establish a fund called the Eddie Robinson Foundation or something like that. I dont want to see this great man at this low point ever again. We should be able to raise enough money to get him in the game. At the very least we should start a letter writing campaign so our AD can anticipate his arrival and let him in free or even do something nice for the man at halftime.

Its obvious that Grambling doesnt give a damn about the man. You would think he could walk in with the team or something, kinda like I use to do when I was in jr. high for high school football games.

The next morning after that game, I was throwing up, losing sleep, I had cold spells, my feet hurt (but that was mostly from jumping up and down after numerous Sly Morris TDs), and I just didnt understand what it was. The medical doctor couldnt help me.

Eventually, I had to go to a shrink. He helped me unlease the feelings that I surpressed about seeing Eddie beg for money to get into the game. I cried so hard when I found out what it was. Im glad that was cleared up for me. The shrink helped me get in touch with my feminine side. Like I said, Im from the hood, so crying was not an option.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Hey GR, that isht ain't funny!!! :redhot:

Look here man....Im not trying to be funny. Im being serious. I want to help. Now, you guys think that when he cries its out of joyh, but I think differently. Wont you help with the cause?

Please send monies to:

Eddie Robinson Foundation
52-0 Lynch Street Way
Jackson MS 39200

Re: Re: Lets Get Serious

Originally posted by mighty hornet
hahahahaha

C'mon tell the truth man!!!! You had enough money to help Eddie but you just had to have them damn nachos and you left the poor ole man standing out there!!!!!!!

Dude, I really didnt want to use that joke twice, but its true. I was looking at Eddie struggling to get enough money to get in. I looked at Eddie, I look at the concession stand, Eddie, Concession stand, back...forth. Then somebody told me that they were about to run out of cheese, so I had to get the nachos right away. Sorry Eddie. My justification was that he won over 400 games, he has seen enough of them.

But you just dont know how bad I felt about that. Those nachos didnt even last til I got to my seat, but helping Eddie would have lingered with me to this day. Actually the nachos lingered al little the next day, but that another subject for Smalltalk.

Now thats just sad! You would think that the legendary Eddie Rob should be able to sit in the press box and eat peanuts and popcorn all day for nothing!! I guess Suge, Gsup, and ole G dont love the old man the way that say they do. I didn't think that the Cartel would let something like this happen to eddie.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Please dont blame them, it is the administration. They should take care of Eddie better. I use to think Grambling was a classy school, but this just killed all of that. This is so sad. Can we get a recount or something? Im sure if Sup had to chose between Eddie and some nachos, he would chose Eddie. He would think harder if it were for Nachos and a coke.

Re: Re: Re: Lets Get Serious

I was looking at Eddie struggling to get enough money to get in. I looked at Eddie, I look at the concession stand, Eddie, Concession stand, back...forth. Then somebody told me that they were about to run out of cheese, so I had to get the nachos right away. Sorry Eddie. My justification was that he won over 400 games, he has seen enough of them.

But you just dont know how bad I felt about that. Those nachos didnt even last til I got to my seat, but helping Eddie would have lingered with me to this day. Actually the nachos lingered al little the next day, but that another subject for Smalltalk.
<font size=6>ROTDF!!!!!!!!!</FONT>
:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

I was looking at Eddie struggling to get enough money to get in. I looked at Eddie, I look at the concession stand, Eddie, Concession stand, back...forth. Then somebody told me that they were about to run out of cheese, so I had to get the nachos right away. Sorry Eddie. My justification was that he won over 400 games, he has seen enough of them.

ROTGDF!!!!!
:crying:

Originally posted by GSUperTiger
I'll believe this story when Buffalo wins a big game.

Didn't we win 3 of 4 big games last year??? Which games are big for JSU this year, so we'll know???

And you know what, I couldn't believe when I saw Eddie Rob in line, either.:( I thought it was a mirage or something.

D-Town,

Get Ready didn't have to make this one up. Gram served it up for him Eddie's arse was buying his ticket in Jackson. I just hope the lady in the booth just gave him one freely. That's what I woulda done. I started to go over myself, but you know how folk's pride is, I didn't wanna embarrass a legend like that.

Please dont blame them, it is the administration. They should take care of Eddie better. I use to think Grambling was a classy school, but this just killed all of that. This is so sad.

Who was prez then? You know they have had about 4 in the last 10 years.

Dear Mr. Culberson:

I decided to write a letter to read at your convenience rather than calling you and taking up your precious time on the phone asking you trivial questions like some little beyotch. I realize that you have Classics to book for JSU. I realize that you have complexes to build. I recognize that you have the top athletes in the state dropping by for a visit. Keep up the good work.

The purpose of my letter is to ask you a favor. Two years ago I saw a sight that I hope to never see again. Grambling came to town to play JSU, and I saw EDDIE "THE LEGEND" ROBINSON standing in line to buy a ticket to a black college football game. This was Eddie Robinson. Now, I know its not our duty to make sure others get in the game. Gramlbing should shoulder the responsibility. But it is obvious that they dont care. JSU is a leader in the SWAC. We should take the humanitarian lead in this issue. Lets contact Eddie and make sure he has access to the stadium without standing in line. Maybe even give him a Limo ride or something similar. It would also be nice if we would have a half-time ceremony for him.

At this point I am convinced that Grambling just doesn't give a damn. Is there anything we can do?

Thanks

this letter was actually sent

Back