Let's ask the "Jukes"

kkpsi10

I know, as does lot of SU and JSU fans do as well, The game

Saturday was probably the best game of the year, for both

Bands.

Su v JSU is much bigger, than SU v Gram and Jsu v Alcorn!

Which game do you guys look forward to the most, and why!

Originally posted by kkpsi10
I know, as does lot of SU and JSU fans do as well, The game

Saturday was probably the best game of the year, for both

Bands.

Su v JSU is much bigger, than SU v Gram and Jsu v Alcorn!

Which game do you guys look forward to the most, and why!

To be honest.....The game we are most hyped for is JSU....

GSU for a while is just a celebration for the seniors and crabs, nothing more......

From a band perspective......SU and JSU is usually the top 2 bands. So of course JSU is the game we look forward to.....Mainly when it is in JACKSON...I hate it hear in the SUPER DOME....

Some people think we are crazy, but I feel the same way. I hate

the game at dome!

I just don't like the atmosphere. I would much rather have the

game at Mumford. But I guess it's a money thing.

If I were able to have my 'wishes' granted.......

JSU and Southern would play in Jackson every year..... Perfect stadium, bands sitting right in front of each other...... Big crowds.......The women......

We wouldn't even have to swap sides every year (like JSU/Alcorn). JSU could always sit on the 'home' side, even though they'd be the 'visiting' team every other year. The only thing they'd change would be the color of the jerseys.....and which locker room they come out of.....

But pride, money, ego, pride would never allow that to happen.....

:shame:

Taylor,
You ain't lying dog. I was thinking the same thing myself. The Superdome doesn't do bands justice. It takes about 15 seconds to figure out what the other band is playing, and when that's over all you hear is wall off cloudy noise. Let's take that piece to Jackson every year....split the pot or whatever. And....... yes.......it was looking bleak at first....but then Jackson's finest began to trinkle in...:cool:

Originally posted by jukebox89
We used to get very hyped for JSU and FAMU.

I miss that one to......That one was about equal to JACKSON st. for us at the "S".....We only got to face them once when I was there....each year something would come up where we couldn't go... But they were pretty much the same hypness as JSU...

Hey BachMeezy and SUtrp96...y'all remember crankin Hate Me Now in Tallahassee and...."tonight's halftime score...FAMU 42...SU 10...come on Jags, it ain't over til' it's over"...:( I think we played that 5 times in the first quarter. But in 2001...:D
Definetely, FAMU and JSU are the tighest games.

Originally posted by Mom-E
Hey BachMeezy and SUtrp96...y'all remember crankin Hate Me Now in Tallahassee and...."tonight's halftime score...FAMU 42...SU 10...come on Jags, it ain't over til' it's over"...:( I think we played that 5 times in the first quarter. But in 2001...:D
Definetely, FAMU and JSU are the tighest games.

LOL i remember that.. and getting booed as soon as we started the fast cadence:lmao:

Yeah, that fast cadence did get booed pretty quick. That halftime score was the worst. All I remember was, "Famu scores again!!!!"

Since I was a crab the game that game has always been J-State. That's the only band we designate a "week" for. SONIC....SONIC...SONIC....SONIC...BOOOOOM....Jukes know the rest...lol

I have to admit though...in '99 we got even more hyped for FAMU. That was to be the first meeting between the bands since '95. We were supposed to go in '97 but those batches sold our seats away.

I remember that pregame....it was surreal...can't describe that feeling.

Even Mr. Knighten started hollerin....FOR REAL! That's the only time I've ever seen him hyped up for anything.

Back