Let’s Play Spades

What if you lead with one of the 3 aces and it gets cut? It’s still some spades out there.

That is true. But @Band Fan , If you have the two jokers, the ace and king of spades, why in the hell would you lead with one of the other three aces??? If you lead with the two Jokers and the ace and the king of spades, there is a good chance that that queen and jack of spades is gonna fall. Any time you go for over 7 or 8 books, got dammit. you had better pull trump.

Last edited:
That is true. But @Band Fan , If you have the two jokers, the ace and king of spades, why in the hell would you lead with one of the other three aces??? If you lead with the two Jokers and the ace and the king of spades, there is a good chance that that queen and jack of spades is gonna fall.
The way I play, you can’t lead with spades until something gets cut.

If the duece is wild, I'm pulling all the spades off the jump. I'm going to start with king, Ace, duece, little joker, big joker,then high to low. My partner can sit this one out.

Hell, playing Uno is just as bad. Either way, you can mess up some good friendships over cards.
{off topic} And bridge is another one. I remember a while back, I went to a bridge tournament with a friend of mine. Well, his partner was this lady that was maybe ten years older than him. She made a play that cost them a trick, and OH MY GOD!!! He went off on that lady right there in front of everybody. I was sitting there thinking, oh no this ninja didn't just talk to this lady that way. During the break, I mention that to him and he said that was nothing. I told him, well, you better be glad that she was your partner and not me, because if you talk to me that way in front of everybody, we would have re-arranged some furniture up in this motherf***er.

I don't play bridge anyway, but still...........

that's 13 all day ere'day.

Lead off with the Ace of Clubs, and then Ace of Diamonds followed by King of Diamonds. After that, you can pull the spades by throwing out the 10 of spades. That should bring out the Jack and Queen. It's pretty much over after that.

Back