Lawsuit seeks to bar Jesse Jackson from speaking for African-Americans

Dr. Sweet NUPE

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- A group calling itself African-Americans Against Exploitation Inc. has filed a lawsuit alleging fraud against the Rev. Jesse Jackson, and is seeking a temporary restraining order barring him from representing blacks without their consent.

The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court Nov. 12, states Jackson "intentionally misrepresented himself as an official of the African-American race," and alleges "plaintiffs will suffer irreparable financial harm, damage, and injury unless the acts of defendant are enjoined."

Jackson spokeswoman Tracy Rice told CNN she is "absolutely certain (the lawsuit) will be thrown out." She said she believes the lawsuit was not written by a lawyer because of the style in which it was written, along with numerous spelling errors.

Jackson released a statement saying, "This is a nuisance lawsuit with no basis in law or fact. Tomorrow we are filing a special motion to strike the complaint as a baseless action."

The statement goes on to say Jackson is deeply saddened that such organizations choose to waste precious time and resources to advance such "negativity, hatefulness, and blatant mistruths."

"It is also both unfortunate and disappointing that these matters then take away from those vitally important issues that are deserving of coverage," the statement says.

Rice contended that Jesse Lee Patterson, who is listed on the suit as a plaintiff with the group, could have a personal vendetta against Jackson She said this is the second lawsuit by Patterson and his group this year.

A Jan. 7 hearing date has been set.

The group was to hold a news conference Wednesday to announce a new lawsuit.

Jackson and Rice said they are not aware of any other lawsuits.

Funny thing though, as soon as that organization hits a bump in the road, or gets hit with something. Jesse will be the first person they call.

NICE

This ish is stupid. First it will be Jesse, next it will be Al, the Farrahkan. I understand Jesse had scandals but they sound like they wanna ban a brotha just because they ruffle a few white feathers. People say these 3 divide people, but all they really do is tell the truth about us still not being seen as equals. I wish that all blacks would realize that there is a signicant portion of whites who do not see us as equals and being quiet about it won't solve anything.

I've always said Black people in California are different from the rest of us Black folks.:D

Lawd Help Me

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

I can't believe this but I agree with MB... I hate Jesse he does not speak for me and on top of it all he is an a**. Go to the southside of Chicago and see how much Mr. Jackson and his rainbow has helped the people there.

:mad:

Great suit. Jesse is a white appointed "Black Leader", much like Sharpton and Farrakhan.

If they REALLY had something to say, they would have been shot by now, like Malcolm and Martin.

Back