Lawd, I sure hope at least one of em wins

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
This is a really nice photo though. It was shot at the 74th Annual Academy Luncheon for the nominees. Hopefully, we'll get shown some "Academy" luv this year.

Good Luck to each of them. :tup:

url]

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
winner_washingtond.jpg

winner_berryh.jpg

Well I went against my boycott..(no thanks to my mom:rolleyes: ) and watched the dang awards show but I must say I am glad I did. I got to see history in the making....

100_goldberg2.jpg
What did you all think of her hosting abilities...I like them...

I especially liked this part of Halle's speech

This moment is so much bigger than me. This moment is for Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Diahann Carroll. It's for the women who stand behind me, Jada Pinkett, Angela Bassett, Vivica Fox and it's for every nameless faceless woman of color that now has a chance because this door tonight has been opened. Thank you. I'm so honored. I'm so honored and I thank the Academy for choosing me to be the vessel for which His blessing may flow.
You go girl....

and I like this part in Denzel's speech
Oh, God is good, God is great. God is great. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all. Forty years I've been chasing Sidney, they finally give it to me, what do they do? They give it to him the same night. I'll always be chasing you, Sidney. I'll always be following in your footsteps. There's nothing I would rather do, sir. Nothing I would rather do. God bless you. God bless you.

I concur jelli....I went against my boycott too. I had to see if any of "us" were gonna win......and we did. :D

pv_symbiotic,

Chile, I don't know what I did to that link....don't worry about it. Y'all know I'm not too good at this technical stuff. :p

LOL

Originally posted by unknown1
*insert pic of halle bein futt bucked by a redneck to win*
Yep I guess that's what it took. Now Unknown we as black people know that there were more better deserving Actresses of color that should have gotten that awaerd some time ago, at least before 74 years,:rolleyes:. But she
winner_berryh.jpg
has opened the door. They are just now giving qaulity roles to people of color so that they can be in the running for these awards. We will see in the coming years how this plays out.

I enjoyed the speeches by Sidney, Halle and Denzel

I especially enjoyed Sidney Poitier's speech. He was truly eloquent and dignified. He was magnificent. And I loved it when they started playing the music, telling him to wrap it up, and he just kept on going. And rightfully so. We deserved to hear every syllable of his speech. His speech was monumental. And so was Halle's. She seemed to truly be overcome with emotion. And, like she said, after 74 years of being shut-out, she should've taken as much time as she wanted to. I normally don't watch Awards Shows, but I watched all 4+ hours of it Sunday night.

And yeah, I was teary-eyed too when Halle won. And to see her on stage crying, with her emotions just flowing, was magnificent. That's what the Oscars should be about. I just knew Eric Benet was gonna have to go up and help calm her down.

It was a momentous night...

But then on Monday, Craig Kilborn makes a joke (on his show) and says it was 'Soul Food' Night at the Oscars...:mad: But nobody in the audience laughed. And he stood there looking stupid. Then they went to a commerical break. The bastard!!!!!!:eek2:

Back