Last Chance U on Netflix

Devil's Gun Trigger Man

onward and upward son!
Have any of you seen it yet? It chronicles the story of the 2015-2016 EMCC football team. So much stuff to talk about after watching that. Some of those players really are delusional. I also predict John Franklin III will be a bust at Auburn.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just finished the whole series. JSU signed 2 players off the team (#11 and #40) and hired one of the coaches (liteskinned dude with bald head). When we got those guys I was excited. After watching this series ... Good lord. I'm still happy we got our guys but damn. My respect level for the HC buddy Stephens has gone way down. I always thought of him as a glorified AAU-type coach at best. But now? I'd go find Archie Cooley before I ever hired him. This was awful.

I stayed up all night Friday while the fam was sleep watching this series. I must say I use to look at EMCC as a Class A JUCO but after watching the series it looks like a sweatshop for talent...Buddy Stephens basically threw his kids under the bus all for a shot at the playoffs and a National Title...All of his asst coaches pretty much tried to tell him but he didnt listen until he watched the video, his kids couldve died in that fight Mississippi Delta were out for blood..and you guys sit in here and talk about SWAC officials the JUCO officials are horrible...no control over the games..trash talking, and showboating everywhere...

I am glad we have the 2 signees and the DB coach from EMCC I think they will do well for us...and I hated John Franklins attitude as well it was horrible..but I guess thats JUCO ball for you...I think this documentary did more harm than good for EMCC..

Yea, lost a lot of respect for Scuba Tech... Looking back it was a kid from Meridian that went to GA that didn't last a season... I see why, A lot us from Meridian signed with Tech, but that was doing the loosing times. But WOW.... Netflex paid them well... \
I Also was wondering were they sponsored, You see them wearing everything from Nike to Russell so they are buying these uniforms

Just finished episode 6 the finale and I gotta say this was a pretty dope docuseries. My favorite player is definitely Ollie as he has the potential to be a dominant force with the right coaching. The players are definitely delusional about life in general. I hope DJ Law gets it together because he could really be a force but his attitude is hurting him in real life. Can't wait to see how Isaiah will do at tailback next season. His speed is crazy.

Coach Stephens is fake as shyt. Didn't know who the fukk Isaiah was until he ran that kickoff back. Literally single handedly fukk over his team in the end. He lost the respect of his players at that point

Last edited:
I didn't like the Head Coach at all. The Mississippi Delta fight made me lose all respect for him. They played Mississippi Delta who is the worst football JUCO program in the state behind Cohoma CC. The game was 48-0 with a little time left in the 1st Half and he called a timeout to try to get another score in. He blamed the players for it but he was the reason for it.

I didn't like the Head Coach at all. The Mississippi Delta fight made me lose all respect for him. They played Mississippi Delta who is the worst football JUCO program in the state behind Cohoma CC. The game was 48-0 with a little time left in the 1st Half and he called a timeout to try to get another score in. He blamed the players for it but he was the reason for it.

He tried to tack on a revenge score before halftime. That much was clear. But then he later told a recruiter that he did it so the QB could have another series to impress the scouts. Smh

I thought the only thing to come out of Scooba, MS was Kevin Granger!

Oh well, I watched the first episode and will try and catch at least two more tonight.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
In those days Moreland and Reynolds could recruit anything out of a small Mississippi town and strike gold....how in the hell these coaches can't do it now with all these resources is amazing

The sad part about that show is it shows how under-prepared these kids are for college but they can get into an SEC school :confused:

Yea all those kids are delusional even the white qb he wasnt that good..he reminded me of Clayton Moore 2.0... 2015 EMCC wasnt that good and most of the kids signed at either smaller FBS programs or FCS...there wasn't alot of D1 talent on that wasn't a headcase go with it..

2015 EMCC FOOTBALL PLAYERS MOVING ONTO FOUR-YEAR UNIVERSITIES

MARCEL ANDRY (6-2, 290, DL, New Orleans, LA/St. Augustine HS) – Nicholls State

JALEN BONEY (5-11, 195, DB, Hattiesburg, MS/Petal HS) – Delta State

DE'ARIUS CHRISTMAS (5-9, 205, LB, Vicksburg, MS/Warren Central HS) -- Grambling State

AIKEEM COLEMAN (6-2, 260, DL, Hattiesburg [MS] HS) -- Idaho

JAMES DAVIS (6-4, 315, OL, Jackson, MS/Murrah HS) – UAB

JOHN FRANKLIN III (6-2, 185, QB, Fort Lauderdale, FL/South Plantation HS) – Auburn

ISAIAH JONES (6-3, 200, WR, Milton [FL] HS) – Southern Miss

DJ LAW (5-11, 195, RB, Haines City [FL] HS) – UAB

GARY McCRAE (6-4, 235, DL, Cuthbert, GA/Randolph-Clay HS) – Louisville

RONALD OLLIE (6-2, 310, DL, Shubuta, MS/Wayne County HS) – Nicholls State

ETHAN ORR (6-6, 325, OL, Fairview, MS/Itawamba AHS) – North Alabama

C.J. REAVIS (6-1, 205, DB, Chester, VA/Thomas Dale HS) – Marshall

DARIO ROBINSON (5-10, 185, WR/DB, Amory [MS] HS) – Jackson State

ALLENZAE STAGGERS (6-1, 185, WR, Woodville, MS/Wilkinson County HS) – Southern Miss

DESHAWN TILLMAN (6-4, 240, DL, Bruce [MS] HS) – Jackson State

JOSEPH WILLIS (6-4, 225, QB, Philadelphia, MS/Madison Central HS) – UAB

The sad part about that show is it shows how under-prepared these kids are for college but they can get into an SEC school :confused:

This speaks volumes right here!

So this school can academically prepare these kids who originally had no business in any settings of higher learning into acceptable academic standards of a Tier One status school (within their respective states) as all of these SEC schools?

Yea he wanted to go to Auburn. Would of love to have him roaming the JSU sideline with his former teammates

The Great White Hope.

netflix29s-3-web.jpg

Back