Kobe Case About to be Dismissed

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
Kobe CASE DISMISSED

ABC News is reporting Wednesday afternoon that the prosecution in the Bryant case will ask the judge later in the day to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning the case cannot ever be brought back for trial. According to the report, the accuser has told prosecutors she is no longer willing to testify.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1872740

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/US/kobe_bryant_dismiss_040901-1.html

According to an article on ABCnews.com the civil suit is still in place:

The alleged victim filed a civil suit against Bryant on Aug. 10, seeking monetary damages of $75,000. Attorney L. Lin Wood told The Associated Press that the suit remained intact.

I wonder if the victim still has a case if the criminal charges are dropped. She isn't seeking a lot of monetary damages. Kobe could probably pay that $75 grand and not miss it all.

I bet Kobe is bumping Jay-Z right now.

"Cops wanna knock me, D.A. wanna box me in,
But somehow, I beat them charges like Rocky. "

I heard a joke last night. What does KOBE name means spelled backwards.

Answer: "E B OK"

:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

I don't think she will have a case either. It seems like she was in it for the money/fame.

EB said:
Kobe consider yourself fortunate.

There was never a case to begin with. This was a joke from the start. Now this skank doesn't want to testify. POOR BABY!!!!! The DA for Eagle County should be sending her the bill for this crap. I no have symphathy for her whatsoever. She says she wants to protect her privacy but she still has a civil case pending. I guess she doesn't realize she has to testify in that too.

silentrage said:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/US/kobe_bryant_dismiss_040901-1.html

According to an article on ABCnews.com the civil suit is still in place:

The alleged victim filed a civil suit against Bryant on Aug. 10, seeking monetary damages of $75,000. Attorney L. Lin Wood told The Associated Press that the suit remained intact.

I wonder if the victim still has a case if the criminal charges are dropped. She isn't seeking a lot of monetary damages. Kobe could probably pay that $75 grand and not miss it all.

Being that the criminal charges have been dropped and being that the prosecution asked to have the case dismissed (**NOTE** because she didn't want to testify), she has just made it very very difficult to get an award in the civil case.

:whine: :whine: :whine: :whine: :whine: :whine: :whine: :whine:
If she is two scared to tesify for the criminal case, she might as well drop the civil suit.

Kobe will pay off the civil suit for a couple of million with a confidentiality agreement. It will be a long time before he goes after one of "them"

something, something just aint right!!!

after all this has cost him with his image, why in da world would kobe "apologize" to the woman after the charges were dropped, if he felt the sex was consensual

Bryant, whose trial had been days from opening arguments, responded with an apology to the woman who had accused him and whose civil suit for damages is still pending.

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did," Bryant said.
seems to me he's basically saying that he now "recognizes" that she viewed it as a rape!

:(

Makes no sense to me either... I would not have even put that out there. I guess he is hoping she and her family might see him as a good person and not try to hit him for bigger $$$ and just settle for the $75,000. Which really isn't much to him...

MH sounds disappointed.

The apology was probably a part of an agreement with the prosecution to have the charges dropped. Also, that $75K is all that needs to be reported in the state of CO in a lawsuit. It is a sum of "more than $75K."

The statement was a condition of the woman withdrawing her testimony. I hope he doesn't give that "garden tool" one cent. Keep it in your pants Kobe.

jag4life said:
MH sounds disappointed.
disappointed?????

damn, why in da world would I be disappointed???

I took absolutely NO satisfaction in this whole thing. Don't let my comments on the smack board about the way kobe plays basketball allow you to think anything differently

Ok...I just remember the comments about him being a rapist and that he will be in jail next season. I'll take your word for it today, though.

jag4life said:
Ok...I just remember the comments about him being a rapist and that he will be in jail next season. I'll take your word for it today, though.
ok

those comments were made in jest on the smack board.
Heck, I thought the whole thing was fishy from the beginning.

but now that the charges have been dropped and kobe releases a statement about how he now "recognizes" that the girl viewed it as a rape, I don't know. At the least, he's set the girl up for the civil suit and that statement certainly does nothing to begin to restore his image.

:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: ...............................:idea: EAT CROW..........IT's GOOD FOR YOU. :licky:

Ok, did any of you hear him make that statment? Are or we just discussing what has been written in the papers?

bluedog said:
Ok, did any of you hear him make that statment? Are or we just discussing what has been written in the papers?

It was a written statement read in court by his lawyers. Check espn.

Back